• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Permabanned
Looking at the nvidia guide for this I can see 0 difference between textures going from ultra to high. My eye spots no difference with the picture with the slider.

Back in the day when I had a weak system , played witcher 2 at low medium and locked it down to 30 fps. Did fine. Replayed it once I got a decent ish GPU and didn't notice the frame rate increases as much as I did the eye candy at the time..

What feels ok to one, maybe not ok for another its all subjective..

Ah that makes sense I guess

Has the game lived up to the hype?

So far very much so.

Soldato
Its fine provided no frame pacing. X1 is a mess with this title. Frame rate is over 30 but it stutters and looks very uneven.

I locked my PC version to 30 fps and it was fine. Due to no v sync , bordedless mode which no tearing triple buffering. Looked and played superb.

GTA V however I dialled the settings back to enable solid 60 fps and driving around the city certainly best the ps4 30 fps as it felt sluggish on ps4

Some games 30 fps is just fine...

Agree'd some games only need 30FPS+, some need 60+, this isn't one of them though, its more about the minimum fps and dips that makes a game feel choppy.
Ultra inc AA with hairworks off I average 38FPS and not seen it below 32 and it runs like butter on a TX @ 4K.

Permabanned
Agree'd some games only need 30FPS+, some need 60+, this isn't one of them though, its more about the minimum fps and dips that makes a game feel choppy.
Ultra inc AA with hairworks off I average 38FPS and not seen it below 32 and it runs like butter on a TX @ 4K.

Have you tried at 1920x1080 all maxed out just to see what you get FPS wise? I am thinking you would hit maybe 100fps?

Soldato
Probably a bad time to mention it, but I'm presuming the graphics downgrade rumors were true?

Just wondering since a dev on CDPRs forums said a couple of days before release that PC users would get the december trailer graphics, so if he lied... :)

Permabanned
Probably a bad time to mention it, but I'm presuming the graphics downgrade rumors were true?

Just wondering since a dev on CDPRs forums said a couple of days before release that PC users would get the december trailer graphics, so if he lied... :)

Look at the screenshots posted over the past few pages since release and see for yourself.

Soldato
This game looks much better in motion than it does in screenshots but im pleasantly surprised how good it actually looks. People posting awful compressed youtube screenshots and things and going on about a downgrade. Yeah theres clearly a downgrade but it still looks beautiful and imagine how bad it would run before lol.

LVQoFBc.jpg

bNosR24.jpg

vz2FGxm.jpg

Soldato
Oh don't get me wrong, It is pretty, that's for sure. They just touted it as the best looking game ever to come out when they did the trailers - you can barely tell a difference between the console/PC textures on ultra from what I've seen. (Motion would obviously be much better on PC though)

Matson: What 21:9 monitor is that?

Back
Top Bottom