• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Oh don't get me wrong, It is pretty, that's for sure. They just touted it as the best looking game ever to come out when they did the trailers - you can barely tell a difference between the console/PC textures on ultra from what I've seen. (Motion would obviously be much better on PC though)

Matson: What 21:9 monitor is that?

Its the Samsung one with the VA panel. No bleed and beautiful deep blacks.

Associate
Is it ok to jump straight into witcher 3 without playing the other 2? Is there a story line you need to know?

I recommend watching "Witcher Story Recap" on youtube. Although owning them both, I realized I will never find time to finish them. I did watched the various recaps and they put me in the right mood;)

Associate
Is anyone using a controller for this and finding the look sensitivity to be far too fast? I'm finding the game mechanics to be quite clunky. :confused:

I felt exactly the same but I've got used to it now, been playing for about 4 hours.

Runs really well on my machine, the second zone seems to look nicer than the 1st for some reason. Can't quite put my finger on it, but even the grass looks less flat. Just had my first crash, went to desktop. Took that as a sign to take a break, hoping the game auto-saves...

Soldato
Anyone noticed in rendering.ini that hairworks is set to false?

Your user settings should be in documents folder, mine shows as level 2 which I would assume tallies with being fully on.

I assume the rendering.ini is in one of the root game directories? If so it's probably a base engine file.

Last edited:
Associate
For the people who imported The Witcher 2 save, which one did you import? It shows a save
right before you fight Letho at the end
but when I open Witcher 2 I have the autosave that shows you how events unfolded.

*Doesn't matter. The timing on the saves were just wrong by an hour :D

Last edited:
Associate
SS-89, I have tried using your preset but I keep getting an error, do you have any ideas what I have (or haven't) done?

I load the game and I get a message in the top left of the screen saying: Compiling effect failed followed by Sweet.fx(231, 35): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'ReShade_Start_Enabled' and Sweet.fx(231,56) error X3000: syntax error: expected ';', expected '{'

Permabanned
Does anybody know how updates will be released to the DRM free GoG version if we don't use GoG Galaxy?

Should be able to get them from the website, day one patch is here:

http://play.thewitcher.com/

But I think you can only get the DLC from GOG/Galaxy something they have done so pirates don't get it all free, might be wrong and you might need to look that up to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom