The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

A friend of mine gave me his old Radeon 7950 so I could use CrossFire. I've installed and configured it all and also installed the SweetFX profile that was posted in here earlier. I've tried it both with and without CrossFire enabled and I get almost 10 fps more when I disable CrossFire. How can it run better on a single card? Is anyone able to explain that at all?

Don't like getting all these quests that are supposedly for higher levels. Just picked one up with level 33 recommended... I am level 4!

I wouldn't mind, but I went through the whole conversation with the NPC and everything. Now I'm gonna have to leave it for ages and come back to it. It is pretty unmissable as well, and I imagine everyone will pick it up as the main quest progresses.

M gonna go and try it now. See how accurate this lever recommendation is.

Did some tweaks with SweetFX...

nmym2o.jpg

20z8msp.jpg

Really hard to get a strong picture without over-darkening the image by increasing the blacks. Less blacks = image looked washed out, too much = certain areas hard to see. Added a vignette for fun, might need to go easy on the reds.

Wish SweetFX would allow for blurring. Right now the only blur is a lack of sharpen, they need some proper blurring techniques such as motion blur or gaussian/radial blur with insane strength possibilities. Blur in games is the best way to cover up defects whilst making it look awesome.

Tweaked again:

11w398l.jpg

30m3h8y.jpg

u0jo7.jpg

Last edited:
Liking this so far. Graphics are decent enough, though some of the cardboard grass is a bit naff.

Gameplay wise its pretty good. Not done much, mostly side quests and a bit of crafting. Also a lot of dying. :)

Bit clunky sometimes but overall decent enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2WoRfULG1Y

just installed this looked a bit to cartoony at default looks sweet now!

Holy crap I have something seriously wrong with my graphic cards or something, mine is same settings as you but stutters constantly and is doing like barely 30fps on your settings and my specs are better than yours!
Always knew something weren't right I should be able to attiain 60fps 4k with a fraction of my parts!

Is that wise? :p Letting your (I assume) younger son play a Witcher title? :)

Was just thinking that! I'm hoping the "wee lad" is at least 14-15!! :p

I'm surprised how well my 750 ti OC is running this actually, got everything on medium, frames locked at 30fps and vsync on, and it sticks at that 30 solidly.

I was half thinking I wouldn't be able to play at all until I upgraded, but the game still looks pretty nice, and it's perfectly smooth IMO (playing on a TV with a controller if that makes a difference :p).

Still looking forward to grabbing a 970 and cranking everything up though ;)

Only had a couple of hours to play, just done the Devil by the Well quest, really like how they put in all the lore/back story around it rather than just pick up quest -> kill monster -> collect reward like a lot of the stuff in the previous games, hoping the rest of the game is like that :)

Last edited:
Holy crap I have something seriously wrong with my graphic cards or something, mine is same settings as you but stutters constantly and is doing like barely 30fps on your settings and my specs are better than yours!
Always knew something weren't right I should be able to attiain 60fps 4k with a fraction of my parts!

Read something that the scaling with more than 2 cards is poor.

A friend of mine gave me his old Radeon 7950 so I could use CrossFire. I've installed and configured it all and also installed the SweetFX profile that was posted in here earlier. I've tried it both with and without CrossFire enabled and I get almost 10 fps more when I disable CrossFire. How can it run better on a single card? Is anyone able to explain that at all?

What FPS are you getting with just the one enabled?

Back
Top Bottom