The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
I'd say this runs pretty great for me. I just last night managed to get on it, and only for about 40 minutes at that, but my initial impressions are positive for an ageing 680.

Because I wanted to just get into it for a bit before calling it a night I decided to go for a quick 'n' dirty setup: all Ultra minus HairWorks, 30fps cap. This gave me 27fps with 99% GPU usage. Took a wild stab in the dark and changed only Foliage View Distance down a notch to High and suddenly I was getting a constant 30fps with sub-80% GPU usage.

What's also a pleasant surprise is that VRAM usage never exceeded 1300MB.

Assuming I see similar results going forward, I'll probably just leave things as is. Maybe some other settings have noticeable fps gains with negligible reductions in image quality, but for now I'm quite content.

Associate
Getting 42fps with everything on ultra & all post-processing on & sweetfX with the following exceptions.

Hairworks off
Grass density & draw distance high.
Shadows high.
Hardware cursor on.

Using 2500k @ 4.2ghz
Gtx 770 2gb
16gb RAMM
Installed game on SSD.

FPS 42 (MSI afterburner)
GPU Load - 82% at most times.

Got a GTX 970 OC edition due to arrive tomorrow, so should be able to push those up to max.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=28057454#post28057454

getting decent fps with these settings.

really not understanding peoples problems. not had 1 crash or poor performance.

Associate
Well i'm on sli 980's and had 2 crash's in a day and a half which isn't that bad
it might be hairworks that is the problem but I like the monsters with nice fur :)

could be. iv got to off otherwise it dips into the low 40s

but also ive seen a lot of ppl on the steam forums who are having crashes are running sli so might be connected.

Associate
Ok.. tried it now before work.. WOW what a difference! Interiors a little dark but I can adjust this - can't believe how much detail it brings out.

Once again Sweetfx does the business!

Associate
Well i played all night after work and im now level 4, taking it really slow - explored all of white orchard and found all the hidden treasure...
just need some emerald dust and silver to craft the witcher serpentine swords, also roach looks amazing in the tamarian gear

Soldato
Yeah, I've got this problem too. Using 2x R9 290.

Without crossfire enabled, the flickering disappears completely. Turning off crossfire actually results in me getting better FPS too.

I'll hold off playing the game until a new stable driver comes out.

Oh, thanks. Thought it was my setup, I will disable my crossfire as I was getting the same issue too.

Soldato
careful thou I managed to find a cave in the first area as I explored I found a quest and looked at it and it said recommended level 33 :pPP I turned and ran I was only level 3 lol

Any tips on the second area?...I can't find anything to do! I am level 4 and the lowest quest level recommendation I have found is 17. Apart from that looks like I have to follow the main quest. Atm I am just running around.

Associate
Well i played all night after work and im now level 4, taking it really slow - explored all of white orchard and found all the hidden treasure...
just need some emerald dust and silver to craft the witcher serpentine swords, also roach looks amazing in the tamarian gear

does the tamarian gear just appear in your inventory in game once you enable the download ?

Associate
People playing on Death March difficulty? Coin seems quite low for me, spending a fair amount on food & drink I couldn't afford the DLC armor it cost like 800 gold in total, hopefully I can go back there for it later on

Soldato
People playing on Death March difficulty? Coin seems quite low for me, spending a fair amount on food & drink I couldn't afford the DLC armor it cost like 800 gold in total, hopefully I can go back there for it later on

Playing on one below I think but coin is still pretty low :p

Associate
Forgive me if this has been asked a lot, but is anyone else getting a lot of pop in when on your horse? Any fix?

Was watching my friend play the PS4 version and it doesn't seem to be a problem on there :/

Back
Top Bottom