The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
All settings on Ultra except for Foliage Range and Grass Density on High and Hairworks off, 2560x1440. Forced 16x Aniso through NVCP and using the CascadeShadowDistanceScale0=2 tweak. Much better with SS's Reshade profile which gives the colours a much more realistic feel in my opinion.

GTX 970 overclocked by 125Mhz. Had to reduce my overclock a bit as sitting on 99% GPU most of the time and was getting a few artifacts which I dont normally get in other titles. Am getting 40-60 fps dropping to the high 30s in cut scenes.

G-Sync really helps here and I feel I would probably drop my settings had I not invested in a Acer Predator XB270HU last week in preparation for this :D The experience is silky smooth with little or no stutter. The screen shots dont really do it justice but I cant help myself being trigger happy on the print screen key amongst all this beauty.

Played about 10 hours today (had the day off) and just getting started on the second area. Really enjoying the experience though still getting used to the combat again after finishing Witcher 2 a year or so ago. Still feels like its just getting started and looking forward to seeing what else the game has to give.

Obligatory screenies below:

WyI5rbm.jpg
w47SfjC.jpg
ZuBQO9Z.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
If you have nvidia card, do what someone posted here a page or 2 back and disable the shadowplay service or whatever it was. I had strange juddering (but constant FPS) then I followed those instructions and it's nice and smooth.

I did notice it was perfectly smooth once I had done that actually. Thanks

Associate
anyone else attempting to run this with crossfire and getting flickering textures on the mountains and distant details? I'm guessing just a crossfire issue as AMD can't be arsed to do much for it's users at the moment.

Yeah, I've got this problem too. Using 2x R9 290.

Without crossfire enabled, the flickering disappears completely. Turning off crossfire actually results in me getting better FPS too.

I'll hold off playing the game until a new stable driver comes out.

Soldato
For anyone wanting to get the colours in this game looking much better and more like the 2013 version instead of the overly cartoony version now do this.

download the sweet FX from here:

http://cl.ly/1b1i2E3R3F2c

Follow the readme file for the instructions. Its pretty easy.

Go into the SweetFX_settings file and change the Lumasharpen to 0 instead of 1.
Turn off the sharpening feature in the game too as this just adds false sharpening and makes it look awful.

Turn off Chromatic Abberation in the options menu too in game.

Associate
For anyone wanting to get the colours in this game looking much better and more like the 2013 version instead of the overly cartoony version now do this.

download the sweet FX from here:

http://cl.ly/1b1i2E3R3F2c

Follow the readme file for the instructions. Its pretty easy.

Go into the SweetFX_settings file and change the Lumasharpen to 0 instead of 1.
Turn off the sharpening feature in the game too as this just adds false sharpening and makes it look awful.

Turn off Chromatic Abberation in the options menu too in game.

Gonna try this now,the colour palette in game is little OTT,just an ocean of red and orange,especially at dusk

Soldato
The pictures I posted above are from that sweet fx profile. Although I had sharpening on in this pictures but have since turned them off in both the sweetfx settings and in game.

Associate
Game unlocked my wee lad is playing it and I want to play it but can I have multipe save points for my sons and mibe save points,don't want to overwrite my sons game

You guys can either:

• be very careful with your save games in the game.
  • manually move each of your save games in and out of the games save game folder in windows before and after you play

Soldato
oHVQhzAh.jpg
SPjCPx0h.jpg
yqai1gPh.jpg
2yV2jgPh.jpg
uaq4AMoh.jpg
saAXQVAh.jpg
kxuyVbrh.jpg

Yh the game looks pretty fantastic tbh, everything maxed 1440p. These screenies are using my sweetfx profile which can be found here (including interactive comparison shots):

1. Go to www.reshade.me and download the Reshade + Sweetfx 2.0 pack
2. Unzip and copy the sweetfx folder, reshade64.dll, reshade.fx and sweetfx.fx files to the witcher exe directory in The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64
3. Rename reshade64.dll to dxgi.dll
4. Delete SweetFX_Settings file in the sweetfx folder.
5. Download my settings here http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3696/
6. Rename the settings file to SweetFX_Settings and copy it into the sweetfx folder in the game directory.

Does anyone know if this Sweetfx file alters any in game graphical settings such as more or less grass etc....
I want a file that just alters the way the game looks, nothing more.

Associate
Jesus, I just got to the second area and it's HUGE. It actually looks like the second area is as big as Skyrim just on it's own. So intimidated when I saw that.

now go on to the world map and press on kaer morhen or Skellige and weep with joy its going to take time to get this all done ehehehe :)

careful thou I managed to find a cave in the first area as I explored I found a quest and looked at it and it said recommended level 33 :pPP I turned and ran I was only level 3 lol

Back
Top Bottom