The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
Pretty solid 60 fps with everything on ultra (shadows on high, no DoF or vignette) and hairworks on (with MSAA @2) at 1440p.

Is it me or Gwent is a pretty bad game?

P.S. Amazon CE
"Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on June 05 2015"

Good thing I didn't wait.

What date did they give you? Mine got dispatched yesterday and is due for delivery today by Amazon logistics....I had to hassle them about it though.

Associate
man when they said you can kill anything no matter what level if your good enuf they wasn't joking I am level 8 and killed a level 18 boghag and a level 18 wyvern still havn't tried the monsters with a ?? level yet hehehe :)

I must not be very good at this game yet ... still having a hard time with the blood bone setting ...

Associate
I must not be very good at this game yet ... still having a hard time with the blood bone setting ...

I find the bestiary is VERY good for finding the vulnerabilities of different enemies. Also you need to learn the enemies attack pattern which is similar to dark souls etc.

If you're really having trouble you can change the difficulty at any time.

Associate
Was a bit worried about performance with my 780 but after playing for a few hours I am happy. I am running at 2560x1440 with most settings on high, hair off, and a few on medium like shadows and foliage distance, as well as blurs and depth of field off.

I get a steady 40-45 in large outdoor areas and 50+ indoors.

Specs:

i5 2500k @ 4.4
16gb Ram

Associate
Spent a good 4 hours playing it last night, exploring around the starting area, taking things slowly, doing some exploring, combat, questing, and spent some time fiddling with the crafting and other parts of the UI. So far, I'm absolutely loving it, the atmosphere, characters, storyline, and immersion are fantastic.

The combat difficulty seems fine on blood and bones, quite challenging, however there are a few niggles.
The lock on system is a bit pants, losing your target or not selecting the correct one initially is annoying, and I'm finding it tough to time my counters with the parry ability (can you parry monster/beast attacks?).

Performance wise, my R9 290 handles it brilliantly. I've not measured the FPS I'm getting, but I'm running @ 1080p with everything on (inc. post process stuff) & on ultra except shadows and foliage on high, and hairworks off, and the game runs perfectly at the moment. The sheer quality and scale of the game as a whole makes the graphical niggles pale into insignificance (that low-res grass aside), which makes them easy to quickly forget about (or not even notice at all); my console playing house-mate was absolutely blown away by the visuals..

Massive admiration and appreciation to CDPR for this stunning masterpiece, I can see it being an incredible game, with non of the generic hunt & collect quest fatigue I usually get from large, open world games.

There's some good guides out there already on the web worth checking out, stuff like being able to drop all the books / letters you get in a spot on the floor to free up inventory and keeping the witcher armor as you can craft high-tier armor with it later on for example.

RaV

RaV

Associate
Gog galaxy is an annoying client. Somehow managed to delete most of the game files this morning. Now to wait another 13+hours to re-download everything with my pathetic internet.

Soldato
Performing well on a 290 around 60fps ultra aside from hairworks. 1440p is a good 40-50 for me on High. 4K is not enjoyable.

Download is 26.2GB according to the folder in Steam.

Soldato
Man how do you get better swords, ive found hardly anything good. Do i need to do more of those "?" areas?

Can't help you there, they're one if the first things I turned off!

But I can tell you if you visit blacksmiths, they can craft new weapons for you, if you have found or bought the blueprints.

I've read conflicting views on the interwebnet whether you can find or craft better weapons.

Soldato
I have it for PS4 but really thinking I should have got it for PC instead

Where's the cheapest place for this

Last edited:
Associate
I read somewhere that it's a good idea to hang on to your starter gear as it can be upgraded. I found a decent steel sword & accidentally sold my witcher one this morning so going to have to reload when I get home as I can't afford to buy it back whoops.

Back
Top Bottom