The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Caporegime
Wish you could barter with the merchants the price difference is ridiculous when buying/selling, obviously there prices should be higher but would be nice to be able to barter

I really really hate this mechanic in stupid games, here is something in my inventory that says it's worth 400, try to sell it... what do you mean you'll give me 17 for it. Fine what else do you do, look to see how much it is to buy it back... 400.... okay :(

Even worse is when you have a system as retarded as that, click on the wrong item to sell it and no confirm or buy back option many games have. Sell 20 things, get the option to buy any back for the same amount you got till you leave the store so you can fix a mistake.

Also love that one guy says he'll give you half off everything, to find a part I need being 583 where in another store its 586.... either way I have 500 after barely spending anything at all.

I dislike games that make money rare as hens teeth then buying/selling completely unrewarding. I didn't buy that dust I needed when I had the money because I had no idea if it was really worthwhile, if I find a new sword diagram 3 mins after I craft that needs a part that costs 600, I've just thrown away my money. It discourages you spending, discourages upgrading and makes no sense.

Associate
Ive heard some people experiencing crashes ... I havnt yet ...

I have found that The Witcher 3 and those drivers are very sensitive to Overclocking your GPU......my card was quite heavily overclocked, but just kept crashing every five minutes......resetting the Overclock to default and it hasn't crashed since on the new drivers.

Soldato
Where are all the characters? I must have run round every village in Velen(which is a lot) looking for something to do, and I don't think I've seen a named NPC yet!... They all just have a merchant and a blacksmith, and maybe a notice board.

Caporegime
grr, I've had one in game crash but the game loaded and I've played a decent amount since then. But after closing game a couple hours ago I now can't get the game started. Seemingly loads of people also having an issue, using the galaxy app hit play game, then nothing, get a crash report in the witcher 3 bin folder. Tried a couple fixes and nothing so far. grrrr

Tried more things, can't get the damn game to open. Also been people finding the galaxy app deleting the entire game folder and generally being useless.

I'd recommend downloading it via the gog downloader(if not using steam) to get the separate install files and going about it that way. Both because you'll have the install files ready to re-install if you need to and you won't need to play around with the Galaxy app, which appears to be doing all types of retarded things.

Caporegime
Finally working, uninstalled galaxy, deleted the galaxy.dll and a couple service removals were recommended on gog forums but didn't work. I downloaded the gog downloader(not galaxy) and first downloaded the 1,01 patch, installed that which found the directory on it's own. Rebooted, it's working without galaxy now. I think the normal install puts in a .exe that doesn't require connecting to anything while the galaxy download installs a file that means it opens and runs through galaxy(like uplay/steam). So try the patch to install the .exe that doesn't use the Galaxy app.

Downloading the full normal install through the downloader so I have it ready to go in case I need to reinstall again in the future, but it worked just getting the patch and applying it to the Galaxy downloaded version of the game.

Soldato
Game is flawless for me on 970 and i7 2600k @ 4.5... everything on ultra hair works off sharpening/motion blur/DoF all off and sweetfx profile few pages back and game looks amazing...

game feels nice with mouse keyboard too.. hate using controllers

Soldato
does this physical copy redeem on Steam or GOG? or is just a traditional DVD install with no client.

The physical and Gog versions have no middle-ware you have to go through :)

On Gog.com you can download the install files directly and run setup, or use their software.

Permabanned
grr, I've had one in game crash but the game loaded and I've played a decent amount since then. But after closing game a couple hours ago I now can't get the game started. Seemingly loads of people also having an issue, using the galaxy app hit play game, then nothing, get a crash report in the witcher 3 bin folder. Tried a couple fixes and nothing so far. grrrr

Tried more things, can't get the damn game to open. Also been people finding the galaxy app deleting the entire game folder and generally being useless.

I'd recommend downloading it via the gog downloader(if not using steam) to get the separate install files and going about it that way. Both because you'll have the install files ready to re-install if you need to and you won't need to play around with the Galaxy app, which appears to be doing all types of retarded things.

It is the same install files from gog downloader as well.... You dont even need to launch galaxy to play, hell remove it if you want to the install folder is the same either way.

Back
Top Bottom