The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
I have it for PS4 but really thinking I should have got it for PC instead

Where's the cheapest place for this

One of the best I have found (for a physical copy) is a well known high street store with purple font and a 4 letter name or GAME if i am allowed to say it ;) - £34.99

Hoping my copy is waiting for me when I get home!

Last edited:
Associate
What fps are people getting at 1440p with a single 970? And with what settings?

Think I might upgrade to a 1440p monitor in the next few weeks and then maybe go sli with my 970

I run with those setting and get 56-66 fps ... turned a few things off thou because Id rather have smoother gameplay then not.

Ill look here ...

everything on but ...
ambient occ off, aa off chromatic off
hair works off and all things on high or ultra for the next page ... works for me ... I can throw most on ultra puts me closer to 46-53 fps

Associate
Found this for anyone stuck at work :)

11218246_10152751711872657_8653991851141039814_o.jpg

Soldato
I have it for PS4 but really thinking I should have got it for PC instead

Where's the cheapest place for this

I got both ps4 and PC and have only played the PC version, I got ps4 by mistake as I pre ordered it ages ago and forgot. G2a.com is I think cheapest. But use the verified key option just in case. Some keys from GMG were invalid.

I personally wanted my copy on steam, but its like £49.99 on there now and was £39.99 I think before release.. Gog.com version is drm free so runs without client.

Associate
I got both ps4 and PC and have only played the PC version, I got ps4 by mistake as I pre ordered it ages ago and forgot. G2a.com is I think cheapest. But use the verified key option just in case. Some keys from GMG were invalid.

I personally wanted my copy on steam, but its like £49.99 on there now and was £39.99 I think before release.. Gog.com version is drm free so runs without client.

ya I really wanted it on steam also - but was hesitating ... and then an hour and 1/2 before release they upped the price to 49.99

agree with the comment about g2a and only buying from them. Had a bad experience from a 'market place scammer'.

Associate
ya I really wanted it on steam also - but was hesitating ... and then an hour and 1/2 before release they upped the price to 49.99

agree with the comment about g2a and only buying from them. Had a bad experience from a 'market place scammer'.

Had this same issue - hesitated and then convinced myself to go buy it from Steam and the price had increased by £10 to £49!

Ordered a physical copy from GAME and saved myself the best part of £15!

Soldato
Anybody here expecting/hoping for a high res texture pack.

The game does look excellent, but some of the assets could do with a boost, this would go a long way to making the game look closer to the older footage. Either way I'm sure the modding community will get on it.

It's mostly some of the wood/stone textures which could do with a boost, I may look into doing it myself - did a fair bit of re-texturing for Rome 2, will have to see how complex it is.

Associate

The game does look excellent, but some of the assets could do with a boost, this would go a long way to making the game look closer to the older footage. Either way I'm sure the modding community will get on it.

It's mostly some of the wood/stone textures which could do with a boost, I may look into doing it myself - did a fair bit of re-texturing for Rome 2, will have to see how complex it is.

I put over 1k hours into rome 2 ... really liked that game

Caporegime

Yup, mentioned it a few pages back, the textures are shocking and a 2015 open world game that had a lot of focus on graphics should be using way more VRAM than 1.7gb at 4K.

Associate
Was a bit worried about performance with my 780 but after playing for a few hours I am happy. I am running at 2560x1440 with most settings on high, hair off, and a few on medium like shadows and foliage distance, as well as blurs and depth of field off.

I get a steady 40-45 in large outdoor areas and 50+ indoors.

Specs:

i5 2500k @ 4.4
16gb Ram

That's quite reassuring thanks as I have been looking at this and have similar spec to you

Associate
they have done an excellent job with little details like the bird song, you can hear grass warblers and cuckoo's etc although pity you cannot find them and see them in game, i tried to find a cuckoo for 10 minutes :)

Soldato
I put over 1k hours into rome 2 ... really liked that game
Haha, cool.

If you used Radious units mod you used a number of my creations/units/textures :p, or the gods of the arena mod (my one).

Yup, mentioned it a few pages back, the textures are shocking and a 2015 open world game that had a lot of focus on graphics should be using way more VRAM than 1.7gb at 4K.
I wouldn't go as far as to say they are shocking, just they could be improved.

Looking at how little difference in performance the texture quality settings make, there is room for further fidelity without impacting severely on performance.

5uQEX5j.png

Soldato

I need to run side by side ps4 and PC comparison tonight , as got the ps4 version. I was very surprised when I did this for project cars, ps4 version looks more colourful due to my TV I guess, but the textures etc on PC were a lot sharper and replays via PC were much cleaner looking and no way near as kaggy , or torn frames either..

So I'll do a side by side later, if I can pull myself away from actually enjoying the game that is , damn good game for sure.. Very addictive.

I am using ss-89 (Ocuk member ) sweetfx profile and this makes the colours really pop , looks much better with his seeetfx profile..

Back
Top Bottom