The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
I was getting stuttering in this game no matter what the settings even after disabling the Nvidia streaming service.

Found this on reddit and it seems to have eliminated the stuttering completely.

Nvidia Control Panel- Witcher 3 profile- set max pre-rendered frames to 1, apply.

Also set power management mode to prefer maximum performance.

Associate
Does anyone know if it's safe to sell all the books and pages and stuff that you find once you've read them? Just had a clean out as my inventory was getting far too full and I'm just hoping I haven't made a mistake :p I'm assuming it's fine though and it's only the quest tab which you need and you can't sell those anyway.

Associate
Aww don't laugh. You'll hurt my 7970's feelings :(

4K med settings looks a whole lot better than 1440p ultra but your going to have a hard time getting good FPS numbers.

Im running a TX @ 4K with a mix of settings mostly medium with hairworks off and getting ~50-55FPS.

For those looking to get a cheap copy (~20ish) if you have access to the MM it should be a good time :)

All TX owners can get a free GOG code from Geforce Experience rewards tab, so it should be flooded.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have managed to gain a good chunk of FPS on my 780 doing a few simple things. I installed the gta 5 driver and add't witcher 3's exe to the witcher 2 profile using nvidia inspector. Also in the witcher 2 profile i set performacne to maximum instead of adaptive and prerender frames to 1. Game runs a good deal better now for me. Still not perfect and still not possible at 3440x1440 with my setup but 2560x1080 is now possible using all max settings except hairworks and AO which is off. That was not possible before. Btw my target fps is 60 :).

EDIT: My fps @3440x1440 went from 30-33 to 40-43 which is good deal.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It is the same install files from gog downloader as well.... You dont even need to launch galaxy to play, hell remove it if you want to the install folder is the same either way.

With galaxy the .exe always opens up galaxy for me, same way say Assassin's creed .exe would open up uplay. Uninstalled galaxy and the Witcher .exe would just complain about galaxy not being installed and give a crash report. Installed patch from downloader instead and it starts up fine and doesn't attempt to open nor give an error about Galaxy.

Soldato
For those wondering how older rigs run the game...

q6600 @ 3ghz
gtx 660 2gb
4gb ddr 2

Haven't measured framerate but I'm using medium preset and its perfectly playable.

Bump it up a bit. I'm sure you'll be surprised. As long as you don't look at frame rate numbers you'll be happy. I am :0

Permabanned
With galaxy the .exe always opens up galaxy for me, same way say Assassin's creed .exe would open up uplay. Uninstalled galaxy and the Witcher .exe would just complain about galaxy not being installed and give a crash report. Installed patch from downloader instead and it starts up fine and doesn't attempt to open nor give an error about Galaxy.

User error m8, run the witcher3.exe from here:

E:\PCgames\GoG\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64

Change path to your own path and you can launch it as per normal without Galaxy. If not something is defo wrong your end as I can launch without Galaxy just fine.

For those wondering how older rigs run the game...

q6600 @ 3ghz
gtx 660 2gb
4gb ddr 2

Haven't measured framerate but I'm using medium preset and its perfectly playable.

My son has almost the exact same setup just with a slightly different GPU. It never fails to amaze me what it does run, pretty much everything you throw at it tbh. If you smashed that q6600 with a hammer it would take a chunk out of the hammer and still work.

Last edited:
Soldato
This game seems to not care about being run on a quad core or a single core.. Tried limiting the cores available to the game to 1 and didnt suffer any fps loss but that core did spike to 80%. Giving it access to all cores/threads leaves them at 15% each.. Doesnt seem to be that CPU intensive really.

Associate
What date did they give you? Mine got dispatched yesterday and is due for delivery today by Amazon logistics....I had to hassle them about it though.
Just been shipped a few hours ago :)
If someone is interested I will soon have a code for sale, let's say 14£ (it's 15£ on GoG through VPN).
Can't help with the single 970 but the Nvidia hair thing really killed the fps on my 980 SLI, turn that off and you should be OK.

Andi.

Turn down the HairWorks anti-aliasing from 8x to 2x and you'll be able to use it!

Soldato
Going to try one of these sweetfx setups tonight it looks gorgeous! Does it have and impact on performance? Never used it before! I assume its easy to remove too if i prefer to?

on another note, finished baptism of fire today, probably the slowest of the books so far but ramped up towards the end.

I dont think the next book is out in english yet? Been listening as an audio book at work you see

Last edited:
Associate
Going to try one of these sweetfx setups tonight it looks gorgeous! Does it have and impact on performance? Never used it before! I assume its easy to remove too if i prefer to?

on another note, finished baptism of fire today, probably the slowest of the books so far but ramped up towards the end.

I dont think the next book is out in english yet? Been listening as an audio book at work you see

I'm using the Kput sweetfx and it did have a small performance hit. Pretty negligible overall. Completely worth it though :)

Associate
Something just dawned on me... if you can run this game without GOG Galaxy whats stopping me from copying all the files and running it from another computer or giving it to a friend if there is no DRM?

Putting it out there now most Pirated game of 2015...

Soldato
I'm using the Kput sweetfx and it did have a small performance hit. Pretty negligible overall. Completely worth it though :)

Can you switch it on or off during gameplay? Will have a browse backwards abd find the details!

Indeed sword of destiny shall be purchased but thats before the main saga i believe, am i right in thinking the 4th saga book isnt translated yet?

Back
Top Bottom