The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Something just dawned on me... if you can run this game without GOG Galaxy whats stopping me from copying all the files and running it from another computer or giving it to a friend if there is no DRM?

Putting it out there now most Pirated game of 2015...

I thought that as well. I guess the developers are hoping the game is so good it'll sell large numbers and mitigate the potential loss due to pirated copies. If someone downloads it and trys the game for half hour and decides nah not for me. Fine. But if someone download's it and sinks hours into the game, its a lost sale, and that person should really buy a copy.

Also sweetfx is great, but I'm trying not to get too heavy into PC modding otherwise you never actually play the game. I've got witcher 3 running how I like it so I'll leave it be , not going to get obsessive over fps or how it looks. It's solid 30 fps for at great settings and good colour and gamma via sweetfx so that's fine for me.

Associate
Can you switch it on or off during gameplay? Will have a browse backwards abd find the details!

Currently no, there's a bug in the latest Reshade setup, but normally you can. In the next update this will be fixed I'm sure. Right now the sweetfx is always on, and you'll notice immediately. If you use the kput the only things I'd suggest are to turn off AA and Sharpen as these are taken care of through the reshade. WOOT!

Soldato
Can you switch it on or off during gameplay? Will have a browse backwards abd find the details!

Indeed sword of destiny shall be purchased but thats before the main saga i believe, am i right in thinking the 4th saga book isnt translated yet?

I thought that as well. I guess the developers are hoping the game is so good it'll sell large numbers and mitigate the potential loss due to pirated copies. If someone downloads it and trys the game for half hour and decides nah not for me. Fine. But if someone download's it and sinks hours into the game, its a lost sale, and that person should really buy a copy.

Also sweetfx is great, but I'm trying not to get too heavy into PC modding otherwise you never actually play the game. I've got witcher 3 running how I like it so I'll leave it be , not going to get obsessive over fps or how it looks. It's solid 30 fps for at great settings and good colour and gamma via sweetfx so that's fine for me.

The thing is it will be pirated anyway no matter if there is DRM or not. So you can enforce DRM on your costumers who will in some situations have issues with said DRM or you can get a big positive PR boost from not having DRM which will lead to more sales.

Associate
Something just dawned on me... if you can run this game without GOG Galaxy whats stopping me from copying all the files and running it from another computer or giving it to a friend if there is no DRM?

Putting it out there now most Pirated game of 2015...

The Witcher 2 was exactly the same....the GOG version had no DRM......and lets face it, all games are put on torrent fully cracked and ready to play within a day or so of release, just because these guys don't bother spending time and money to DRM (something which takes most crackers a few hours to crack), doesn't make it more likely to be pirated than any other title IMO.

DRM is a pointless waste of time and money.

Permabanned

Indeed sword of destiny shall be purchased but thats before the main saga i believe, am i right in thinking the 4th saga book isnt translated yet?

Is that the swallows tower? If so that is down for 2016 :/ You are a book ahead of me atm.

Permabanned
The thing is it will be pirated anyway no matter if there is DRM or not. So you can enforce DRM on your costumers who will in some situations have issues with said DRM or you can get a big positive PR boost from not having DRM which will lead to more sales.

Exactly ^^^^

DRM only effects us paying customers, pirates get around it no matter what. You are going to buy it or you are not, so sales will be the same no matter if it has DRM or not.

Soldato
Exactly ^^^^

DRM only effects us paying customers, pirates get around it no matter what. You are going to buy it or you are not, so sales will be the same no matter if it has DRM or not.

Must admit. It was a joy to just download the unlock patch fire up the game and it erm worked without me having to install another client. Accept some terms. Or enter a CD key or anything like I had to with GTA V. I had to install rock star social club, setup an account on their, then sign in with this account. Activate the account and then activate the game on rock star social club, ok game worked. But it took me around 20 minutes. I guess in that time the hackers had stripped the annoying DRM out anyhow. And added a keyloggers and malware for good measure mind..

Soldato
I dont see anything. looks like i had to click it to receive it.
it was probably some rubbish, was just curious in case it was something to do with the game itself.

*edit*
it may have been the free dlc program...so ive just added that manually.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom