The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Hmmm

When I first got to the village there where like 3 quests to do.

I did a couple, when back to the village during the witch at the well quest and the board was full of more quests. I clicked the mall and went on my merry way.

Completed the witch at the well quest, looked at the quests in my inventory and it was empty. Go back to the board and it too is empty..... :(

Soldato
Colour banding at night is very annoying, I'm sure it wasn't there when I first played it.

Every thing is on ultra/on, running at my native 1080p or 2560x1440 using DSR the banding is at night is still there.

Drivers are the latest available (352.86). In the Nvidia settings under change resolution every thing is as it should be, colour depth 32bit, output colour depth 8bpc, colour format RGB, dynamic range is set to full.

11hrs into the game so far and not a single crash or issue of any kind, apart from the nighttime sky banding.

292030_2015-05-20_00003_zpspa8skvzx.png

292030_2015-05-20_00001_zpsge9sfknf.png

292030_2015-05-20_00002_zpsyvzmy7d2.png

Full 2560x1440 images are here.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Radeon/media/The%20Witcher%203%20PC/292030_2015-05-20_00003_zpspa8skvzx.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Sorry to ask but how have you enabled DSR with SLI?

Soldato
Cannot believe how good that card game is that they created. I want to have a full set for all the classes :D

The leveling seems quite slow and the quests are kind of all over the place. You really need to grind out some side stuff or you will be to low level to take on the creatures in the new areas.

So happy to see all the cries about the gfx were a load of bs too.

Associate

Really? Whilst I am really enjoying the game and I'd agree that the graphics are great for the most part, it is pretty obvious that there has been a significant visual downgrade since the early gameplay trailers. The thing that irks me the most is the water, it just doesn't look very good at all in my opinion, Crysis 1 had better looking water.

Anyway, that aside, it's a great game so far - 8 hours played and I haven't even left White Orchard yet!

Associate
Total head in the sand syndrome. Just heard of this game (read 'series'). Loved Oblivion and Skyrim, don't have huge amounts of time. Is Witcher 3 the kinda game I could get without necessarily having needed to play the previous titles (unlike Mass Effect for example)?

Associate
There's some good honesty in that interview, I have a lot of respect for that.

Yea I don't think they could really say anything until after launch regardless... even as subtle as he was in the interview I get it. I'm happy to hear they are going to make it up to us :)

CDPR of all companies should know, never hold back the PCMR.

Associate
Total head in the sand syndrome. Just heard of this game (read 'series'). Loved Oblivion and Skyrim, don't have huge amounts of time. Is Witcher 3 the kinda game I could get without necessarily having needed to play the previous titles (unlike Mass Effect for example)?

I would say so, yes. For example I never made much progress with 1 or 2 but I am playing this one. There are retrospective videos on Youtube that outline the plots of the previous games for some idea of background.

Soldato
There's some good honesty in that interview, I have a lot of respect for that.

Yeah I do too, nice to see they haven't lost their humility and respect for the gaming community, I was beginning to worry they were taking the hard nosed Ubisoft/EA approach. Reckon I'll hold off installing TW3 until the patch is released.

Associate
Cannot believe how good that card game is that they created. I want to have a full set for all the classes :D

The leveling seems quite slow and the quests are kind of all over the place. You really need to grind out some side stuff or you will be to low level to take on the creatures in the new areas.

make sure you do some of the main quest a lest till you get a special bit of equipment [it dispels illusions] as one you need while you explore trust me and second it will help level you up.

I am level 12 now and have tonnes of quests and contracts to do :] all in the second area

Back
Top Bottom