The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
I tried applying the tessellation tweak on my 290x last night, these are rough numbers that I can remember:

Hairworks off: 55 FPS
Hairworks on (64x): 37 FPS
Hairworks on (6x): 48 FPS

That was without any beasts on the screen, but performance doesn't noticeably drop when fighting beasts with hair. I turned a few other settings down (foliage distance and shadows to high, SSAO) and I get a smooth 50-60 FPS out in the wilderness, and drops down to 40-50 when in populated areas. Overall fairly happy with performance, hopefully a driver update will come soon to improve stuff a bit more!

Associate
Associate
Playing on Blood and Broken Bones too, fights are hard but not particularly deep. Against multiple enemies I usually just put on Quen, spam fast attacks on an enemy until it dies, re-activate Quen, and repeat. For the Griffin I dodged as best I could and spammed food. Dodging seems to be fairly inconsistent, sometimes I get hit even if I dodge in time (doesn't seem to be invincibility frames like in Dark Souls).

Also I couldn't use the potion the game told me to make before fighting the griffin while in combat, which I thought was weird. It only lasts for 30 seconds so it seems like something you'd want to use in combat.

Associate
Silly question, so I apologise now if its dumb or been asked!

Regarding sweetfx changes and the instructions from ss-88 I believe, but I can't for the life of me get this working. I've never messed with sweetfx stuff before, and as the toggle doesn't work I can't easily tell lol. And tips or another to try greatly appreciated.

The game itself is amazing, easily get immersed just trotting around on horse lol.

Caporegime
Have you tried this guide: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...-hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

It tells you which settings are most demanding so you can reduce the right ones. I don't think there are any 'freebies' in the config that just give you boosted FPS.

Good response from CDPR that :).

To be honest, whilst it is a shame that the game does not look like the early trailers, some of the effects were simply mind blowing and its perhaps clear that the tech just isn't there at the moment to make those 2013 graphics feasible.

I think he is write in that it was maybe a mistake on their part to show that 2013 version and call it in game footage. In hindsight they should have been a bit more cautious about the "in-game footage" that they showed. Gamers will see "in-game footage" and (quite rightly so) expect the game to look like what they see.

Regardless the game still looks absolutely fantastic. Definitely one of the best looking games I have played, and there are moments when the sun is in the right place and all the effects come together that do get quite close to those epic moments from the 2013 VGX trailer. You can see the game they showed is "there", it is just not quite as spectacular.

Soldato
They make a good point about consoles in that interview as well, something people need to remember when getting upset about these things.

"If the consoles are not involved there is no Witcher 3 as it is," answers Marcin Iwinski, definitively. "We can lay it out that simply. We just cannot afford it, because consoles allow us to go higher in terms of the possible or achievable sales; have a higher budget for the game, and invest it all into developing this huge, gigantic world.

"Developing only for the PC: yes, probably we could get more [in terms of graphics] as there would be nothing else - they would be so focused, like if we would develop only on Xbox One or PlayStation 4. But then we cannot afford such a game."

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
Just hit level 10 on arriving at Novigrad. Death march is definitely the most fun, even the bloody drowners catch me out now and again :p

Soldato
how are you guys levelling so fast lol. I just lost in the world and forget all about questing and stuff. I quite happily go on an explore for hours, hence the reason I'm still on level 2 hehe.

Sun and Stars is the best perk I've applied so far, really helps not going through my food.

Back
Top Bottom