The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
Great game tbh runs fine on AMD single card, not a single crash.

But why is this game way to frikking dark in some parts.. Starting to annoy me bigtime now.
Also controls are a bit clumsy sometimes

Associate
Don't be afraid to do the story quests, there are massive diversions/sidequests available, yeah they could shove in villager X wants you to kill X amount of beasts but there's nothing worse than mundane tasks like that. The witch, baron and pellar have huge sidequests of their own and are tied into the main story - I much prefer it the way they've done it.

Soldato
Not sure what you are doing m8, velen for me is packed with quests to do. I know you are in a different area but you seem to be going to fast and missing loads of stuff to do cause yesterday you were saying not much to do in velen? I can see me being in velen for a few game playing nights at least.

Oh there are plenty of quests from notice boards, and I have loads on my journal to do(well at some point), I just wish the world was more alive. Loads of small villages, but there aren't any characters you can speak to in them, and outside of quests that specifically send you to talk to someone from a village there is no point going to them. You learnt so much lore just from randomly talking to people in the other games, it is a shame you can't do that here.

The quests themselves are solid though, and really well done. Haven't found a dud yet!

Associate
Not sure what you are doing m8, velen for me is packed with quests to do. I know you are in a different area but you seem to be going to fast and missing loads of stuff to do cause yesterday you were saying not much to do in velen? I can see me being in velen for a few game playing nights at least.

Yeah this is a game you simply cannot rush and I love that aspect of it, level 5 now after exploring, only explored about a 10th of Valen.

Soldato

Some 1440p footage using my sweetfx profile. Obviously youtube compression sucks but at 1440p it's not too bad, still nowhere near the raw footage quality though.

Last edited:
Associate
What settings hit FPS the most

I'm getting around 40FPS

Shadows (I have em down to medium)
NVidia Hairworks (pretty damn cool, but an out an out luxury only for those who are well clear of the magic 60 fps mark...I have them turned off)
SSAO-HBAO (Big frame rate hit for not a huge improvement in visual quality with either....I have them turned off)

Everything else I have on High, with

Texture
Number of Characters
Landscape Quality
Grass Density
Foliage Visibility Range

all on Ultra.

At 1080p, I am getting a solid V-syncd 60 fps 99.9% of the time, which for me is the only way to play this game. Even a 5-10 fps drop and the judder effect is something awful...at least on the LCD TV that I have hooked my laptop to.

Settings that I tried to turn up to Ultra, but which resulted in a critical frame rate hit (i.e. sub 60 fps in demanding areas) were:

Object draw distance (Object Sichtweise)
Level of Detail (Detailgrad)

So I knocked those back down to high.

My laptop rig is as follows:

GTX980M 8GB (a little bit more punch than a GTX 770, but not as good as GTX 780)
Haswell i7 4790MQ @ 3.4 Ghz (with clock boost)
16GB Ram
3*128GB SSD Raid

Edit: Instead of listening to some dude on an internet forum prattling on about his graphics settigns off the top of his head, here is a pretty comprehensive guide from GeForce:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...weaking-guide#detail-level-config-file-tweaks

Last edited:
Associate
Indeed, I'm nearly Level 4 with over 8 hours played and still haven't left White Orchard yet - I'm making sure to explore everything I can and do all the random quests (including getting a Frying Pan for an old lady!)

Associate
I'm still getting menu lock-ups which is annoying if I forget to save. Will try switching to unlimited fps to see if it solves it.

Might try a different sweetfx profile too, not entirely happy with the one I'm using atm. One thing I've noticed is that on the gamma adjustment screen I can't see the image at all on any setting. I don't think it's my monitor..

Back
Top Bottom