The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
I couldn't get that to work. The game crashed as soon as it launched, even though I already have the windows patches he suggested.

Not sure why it's never mentioned, but do you have Fraps running? You can't use these Sweetfx settings with Fraps, it just crashes on startup, turn off fraps completely and try it.

Caporegime
Well putting the FPS lock slider to the left (unlimited) seems to have sorted out most of my stuttering (still get some but not as much), I did drop shadows to high as well though so maybe that helped too. FPS is pretty much locked to 55-60 now, happy with that! Rest of my settings:

foliage to medium
hairworks, sharpening, chromatic, AA, blur crap are off
ambient occlusion set to SSAO

And using matson's sweetfx.

Permabanned
Well putting the FPS lock slider to the left (unlimited) seems to have sorted out most of my stuttering (still get some but not as much), I did drop shadows to high as well though so maybe that helped too. FPS is pretty much locked to 55-60 now, happy with that! Rest of my settings:

And using matson's sweetfx.

Nice, also turn the foliage distance one down to high as well. Everything else you can probs set to ultra.

Soldato
Question...is there ever *not* a stiff breeze blowing the foliage around like it's in a gale?

Something has been bothering me about the footage I've seen and I think that's it.

Soldato
The merchant you save from the gryphon at the start of the game sells all the DLC armour/horse related things.

Also anyone turned hairworks up to full and put the gryphon trophy on roach? Looks amazing.

EDIT: Witcher 3 nexus is up! http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3

Just got to that merchant. He doesn't sell any of the mentioned items for me,m and I have the DLC pack :/

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Just got to that merchant. He doesn't sell any of the mentioned items for me,m and I have the DLC pack :/

Did you tick the box on GoG Galaxy to enable them in game though?

You go to game page in Galaxy click "more" then "configure" then scroll down and you should see the 2 DLC's with a tick box next to them to enable.

Caporegime
Nice, also turn the foliage distance one down to high as well. Everything else you can probs set to ultra.

I have foliage set to medium, seems to hammer my fps quite a bit that but yeah most of the other stuff is set to ultra, I can't wait to see how this game is going to look once we get that patch.

Still taking me a while to get to grip with all the controls, menu stuff, different armour/weapons etc. but the game is growing on me! :)

Soldato
Did you tick the box on GoG Galaxy to enable them in game though?

You go to game page in Galaxy click "more" then "configure" then scroll down and you should see the 2 DLC's with a tick box next to them to enable.

Cheers I didn't know that, have to remember to do that with all the other dlcs when they come.

Caporegime
Question...is there ever *not* a stiff breeze blowing the foliage around like it's in a gale?

Something has been bothering me about the footage I've seen and I think that's it.

Yes, in game I guess when you're running about you notice the movement less, but standing still it feels pretty awful. I said before, nothing moving is not unrealistic because we often experience life without heavy winds and everything is still. We never experience constant wind and everything moving, so it feels so much less natural. A bit of movement, the odd gust but changing wind would feel so much more natural than it currently is. Though they also have stupid bits, a small bush inside a castle/keep by a huge stone wall where wind wouldn't get at it... blowing around as much as a tree on the horizon on top of a hill.

Very much a feel of "we've put some physics into a game... lets overuse the hell out of it to make sure the player notices... all the freaking time".

Back
Top Bottom