The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Caporegime
Some VERY stupid quest levels listed makes the game quite irritating at points. I just killed a level 4 something or other monster, one of the question mark places, quest given from a letter. Track it, gives the skull symbol suggesting it's way out of level range. So go read the letter, check the journal and the quest is rated lvl 18 (I'm level 7). I thought, I'll do the next bit(searching around immediate area) and run away like a girl if something lvl 18 shows up. Search, get a key, open a chest that was there already and locked and quest over. Lvl 18 quest that had one lvl 4 bad guy to fight... the reward was a sword that though it had three sockets was about 5 less damage than my lvl 6 sword.

If I had decided it was level 18 and not sensible to do I'd have come back maybe level 12 or something and found a sword that was massively under levelled and pretty useless.

It has just occurred to me that maybe chest rewards could scale based on level you are when you open them, but that seems completely stupid based on stumbling upon a lvl 4 guy to kill.

A lot of the quests/monster levels don't match even semi closely. Another minor grumble is that there was zero indication and I only found out by googling that you can fire the crossbow underwater. having previously found guarded underwater chests the lack of any indication from the game you could fire underwater is daft. Also seems to be pretty much one hit kills underwater.

Soldato
Did you tick the box on GoG Galaxy to enable them in game though?

You go to game page in Galaxy click "more" then "configure" then scroll down and you should see the 2 DLC's with a tick box next to them to enable.

Ah, thank you. I figured like on Steam once you own the DLC it would just download it.

Permabanned
Some VERY stupid quest levels listed makes the game quite irritating at points. I just killed a level 4 something or other monster, one of the question mark places, quest given from a letter. Track it, gives the skull symbol suggesting it's way out of level range. So go read the letter, check the journal and the quest is rated lvl 18 (I'm level 7). I thought, I'll do the next bit(searching around immediate area) and run away like a girl if something lvl 18 shows up. Search, get a key, open a chest that was there already and locked and quest over. Lvl 18 quest that had one lvl 4 bad guy to fight... the reward was a sword that though it had three sockets was about 5 less damage than my lvl 6 sword.

If I had decided it was level 18 and not sensible to do I'd have come back maybe level 12 or something and found a sword that was massively under levelled and pretty useless.

It has just occurred to me that maybe chest rewards could scale based on level you are when you open them, but that seems completely stupid based on stumbling upon a lvl 4 guy to kill.

A lot of the quests/monster levels don't match even semi closely. Another minor grumble is that there was zero indication and I only found out by googling that you can fire the crossbow underwater. having previously found guarded underwater chests the lack of any indication from the game you could fire underwater is daft. Also seems to be pretty much one hit kills underwater.

Rewards appear slightly random, I got a sword from an underwater chest, forgot to save, died, reloaded, got the sword again and it had lower stats. So I reloaded and got it again and it had better stats. :)

Soldato
changing to full screen has dropped my FPS by a minimum of 10FPS compared to borderless windowed mode. does it make much difference if any in graphics?

also has anyone else found any of the witcher gear? ill put this in a spoiler incase people dont know about it and want to stubble upon it themselves.
purchased a map or something for 15coins from a merchant in blackbough in velen for a quest to find witcher gear

Soldato
OP
Runs amazingly on a 970 mate, enjoy! Doing the same myself but only 2 days not 2 weeks ;) have fun

Thanks :) Good to know. I checked some benchmark and it seems 970 should be able to offer 60fps at mostly ultra settings. My current 280X only runs at 40 with most stuff at ultra.

Two weeks off for a computer game...... whatever floats your boat I guess.

For me it is more than just a game - I have been witcher fan for 16 years since I first read the book saga. And this is its conclusion - CDP is closing even storylines that were left open in the books. It will be quite an experience for me.

Plus I had plenty of vacation days saved up and still have, so that's nice too :D

Soldato
Any fix for micro stutter

It's not perfect but it was driving me so insane I limited the framerate to 30 and it stopped. It took some getting used to but eventually it felt smooth and let me smash most things up to ultra, which was a nice tradeoff.

Permabanned
It's not perfect but it was driving me so insane I limited the framerate to 30 and it stopped. It took some getting used to but eventually it felt smooth and let me smash most things up to ultra, which was a nice tradeoff.

30 wut, just because you own a ps4 does not mean you need to play your PC games at a rubbish fps ;)

Associate
Right after the 1.03 patch.

All settings maxed out except foliage range to high, mid 40s outside, 55-60 fps indoors. That is an average of 5-10 fps gain from before. I am also running catalyst tessellation at x16 as well.

7970 ghz is still a beast of a card imo :)

Soldato
Right after the 1.03 patch.

All settings maxed out except foliage range to high, mid 40s outside, 55-60 fps indoors. That is an average of 5-10 fps gain from before. I am also running catalyst tessellation at x16 as well.

7970 ghz is still a beast of a card imo :)

I've been as equally impressed with my 7950, yet to install the 1.03 patch so hope to see a minor improvement there.

And this is before AMD have released their optimised 15.5 drivers too.

Caporegime
Hairworks is brillilant. So much better than the tressFX hair in Tomb Raider.

I really hope more games start to use it as it does make the animals and monsters looks brilliant. The Witcher 3's implementation of it seems much better than Far Cry 4's as well.

Back
Top Bottom