The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Oh god. I only just realised that he God awful narration on lading screens is supposed to be dandelion!... He sounds like he can't be bothered.

I have won some pretty good Gwent cards now. Built a nice Nilfgard deck as well as the starter one.

Also, just out of interest, has anyone been to the skellig map yet?

Last edited:
Caporegime
With that said, I really don't understand anyone who chooses to run their games with V-sync OFF. Why tolerate screen tearing when you don't have to? Having the screen tear is just about the most immersion breaking unaesthetic thing in video gaming.

Thankfully my monitor doesn't tear, my previous one did and it was bad!

I might enable VSYNC and try that as well

Associate
Oh god. I only just realised that he God awful narration on lading screens is supposed to be dandelion!... He sounds like he can't be bothered.

I don't get how they would think the loading screen narration is alright.... the character is supposed to be a bard/ storyteller.
Most of the intonation sounds totally off relative to what he says.

Anyone else noticed that?

Unfortunately, i've had to reload a lot recently having upped the difficulty. Grinding on my nerves a bit after the 18th time!

Just thought a mod to turn off the narration on loading screens would be pretty nifty

Caporegime
Thankfully my monitor doesn't tear, my previous one did and it was bad!

I might enable VSYNC and try that as well

Your screen will tear without sync tech/vsync, you just don't notice it :p

Did none of the stuff suggested in pcgamer article work for you then?

EDIT:

for getting a smooth screen tear free experience, I generally do one the following things:

- use borderless window mode (this uses windows vsync + triple buffering)
- full screen mode and in game vsync turned on

And some times with a FPS cap of 59 (particuarly if I am using the second option) using rivatuner, this can work amazingly well for quite a few games plus it also cuts the input lag down considerably.

It really all depends on the game and what its in built vsync is like.

EDIT:

What got this game running smooth for me was, enabling borderless windowed mode, disabling in game vsync and setting a 60 fps cap with rivatuner (I am using a 60hz monitor)

Last edited:
Permabanned
In case people don't read the sweetfx thread I found a very good setting, read the page and it links to a old version so you can toggle the effects on/off in game so you can see the difference better. Turn off the ingame sharpness setting, screenshots but it looks better in motion. First picture is off and the rest are on:

eUeC3GV.jpg
hx2lUUD.jpg
s1MGp9M.jpg
xJiMJpX.jpg
Looks much better in game.

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3718/

Last edited:
Soldato
I usually turn off all the sharpening settings off as its just artificial and never looks good. You can just turn the sharpness up on your monitor and its the same effect.

Soldato
That
pesta
scene, some steamy stuff :o

I have won some pretty good Gwent cards now. Built a nice Nilfgard deck as well as the starter one.

Also, just out of interest, has anyone been to the skellig map yet?

Every time I hear it I wonder why Dandelion isn't doing the narration.

Last edited:
Soldato
Starting to get the hang of things now - although I am still wandering around the starter area, trying to find certain flowers for oil for that noonwraith.

Tips below if you want them
As suggested, use quen and yrden. Quen to keep your health up in case they get a hit in, and yrden to trap them in physical form while inside the circle. and dodge to get out of the way without wasting stamina. roll if you gotta though!

Soldato
Jenny O' the woods.
Hardest fight yet.... And I was over-levelled for it!

I am level 13, and could only withstand one hit, sometimes not even one.

I just did that one at level 6. Took a couple goes, but I just used the same tactics as I do for any other of the same type (see my other post).

Caporegime
Set VSYNC OFF - Frame Rate Limiter MSI 75FPS - FULL SCREEN

Apart from a slight stutter in certain situations it's very good now :) Never drops below 75 FPS

Back
Top Bottom