Caporegime
Can someone with a 290 show me what graphic settings you're using

Everything on max except:

foliage to medium
hairworks, sharpening, chromatic, AA, blur crap are off
ambient occlusion set to SSAO

FPS cap set to 60 with rivatuner, borderless mode, vsync in game off

And using ss-89's sweetfx.

Get 50-60 fps, closer to 60 for the majority of the time, overall it feels smooth, about a frame latency of 15ms for the most part.

Associate
Not for the whole game it isn't. Plus you get new cards from playing too. I just got my Vernon Roach card. I'm now unbeatable with my Northern Realms deck!(actually, one of the innkeepers in Novigrad is really hard to beat still)

All decks apart from one I find easy the one I hate is the monster deck so many add cards one person I played got his hand up to 98 ;/

Soldato
Bought it today as fancied something new to play.

Like previous Witcher games the controls are truly bad. Feel so outdated and the stuttering is just playing annoying.

Started using 360 pad which I don't usually do but KBM is not good.

So far it's ok nothing special, will put some time in to it.

Associate
"Nothing special"...Okaaaay

I am really enjoying the game, and I am finding it impressive. But I can certainly see why it is not for everyone. The acting through the hours and hours of cutscenes is unbearable.

The controls feel unpolished, and get stuck on scenery constantly. Stupid checkpoints, if I die I do not need to watch the entire cutscene before I fight the monster again! Clunky combat, how many times I press block without it engaging. Constant crashes. This can be a quite frustrating experience.

Soldato
Just spent last few hours going up and down the map clearing ? locations got some decent swords and armour now.

One question though can you upgrade sword damage? I cant remember if you could do it on previous witcher, Ive found a decent steel sword that has 3 slots to put signs in but I have a sword that does more damagr but no slots

Associate

I clocked 14 hours in-game until this morning when I experienced my first driver crash. Reading deeper into the thread it sounds like it might be bad power management, like the GPU's Power % spiking higher than it can handle or something.

It makes sense, though, as my crashing only occurred in an area in Velen where I was getting 99% GPU usage for an extended period of time. In contrast, the majority of my playtime up to that point was in White Orchard which was generally much less demanding (60-80%).

I also heard something about manual saves being less prone to the game crashing compared to quick-saving. Haven't been on enough today to verify though...Could also be unrelated to driver issues.

Soldato
Once you get the hang of combat, it's much more rewarding. I'm a massive FPS fan and even I like it. Really enjoy the roaming. I always seek to complete lower quests and avoid the main quests when I can.

Stick with it

Associate
After twelve hours I'm really happy with the game. Yes the fights can feel clunky and the signs are almost useless (besides the shield), but is yet again written so well that I would love it even if it had the depth of game-play of a Telltale game.

Soldato
After twelve hours I'm really happy with the game. Yes the fights can feel clunky and the signs are almost useless (besides the shield), but is yet again written so well that I would love it even if it had the depth of game-play of a Telltale game.

I find the signs really useful...

Igni works well against drowners, wolves etc., axii is great to stun shielded foes so you can give them a good bopping, aard is useful as well.

Associate

eh wot?

I am really enjoying the game, and I am finding it impressive. But I can certainly see why it is not for everyone. The acting through the hours and hours of cutscenes is unbearable.

I would say that the 'cut scenes' are what holds the game together.

The world is massive, graphically stunning, with huge attention to detail......yet not very interactive. Everyplace where 'something is to be found', is marked out on the map. Thus exploration is not a strong point in this game.

Combat is decent enough, yet pretty damn clunky tbh, much more so than the Witcher 2 was.....so, combat as decent as it is, really isn't the game's strong point.....

The game's strong point undoubtedly for me is the exceptional storytelling, and the cut scenes are central to that.

Last edited:
Associate
Ah you are very wrong here, don't let the markers fool you into thinking that is it, all I am going to say.

This is indeed pleasing to hear!

Have just killed the Griffin, stopped for a short Suishi break and am about to pour another whiskey and report back to the Nilfgaard commandant.

First attempt at killing Griffen wasn't so clever so spent a bit of time levelling up at the '?' sites. Getting used to running and galloping around and having everyone ignore me unless they are at a marked site on the map.....certainly takes a lot of spontaniety out of the game.

Soldato
eh wot?

I would say that the 'cut scenes' are what holds the game together.

The world is massive, graphically stunning, with huge attention to detail......yet not very interactive. Everyplace where 'something is to be found', is marked out on the map. Thus exploration is not a strong point in this game.

Combat is decent enough, yet pretty damn clunky tbh, much more so than the Witcher 2 was.....so, combat as decent as it is, really isn't the game's strong point.....

The game's strong point undoubtedly for me is the exceptional storytelling, and the cut scenes are central to that.

You can turn off the POI.

Back
Top Bottom