The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Caporegime
I'm totally hooked on this title. It's odd because I only managed a few hours with Oblivion before I got bored and uninstalled it. Last night I sat down for an hour on Witcher 3, and... Holy mother of God, is that the time?! 6 hours just seemed to vanish. It's not many games that do that to me.

Witcher 3 actually has a decent plot and interesting characters...

Soldato
Been wandering around Velen. Came across 4 Aldghouls at a Quarry... jesus they take some killing. Had to seperate them out 1 by 1 or I had no chance even though they were only level 6 (admittadly I'm level 4).

It did become a bit easier though when I found out that Aard does knock them back quite dramatically when they have there spikes out. Knockback + drops = instakill :D

Soldato
Started playing it properly as of this morning. Only Lv3 so far and I'm still trying to get used to the combat which I find quite fast paced and a bit odd too. Witcher games have never been too good when it comes to UI and the Character screen where points are distributed could be better. Only just realised that I've been putting points into the combat tree and can scroll right to access signs/mutagens etc!

So far by biggest fights were a bear guarding a place of power and that pesky noonwraith :D

Permabanned
^^ what armour is that? Im on my way get the Griffin armour Atm harpys keep killing me though they just swarm then all attack at once

Yeah I am not doing anything like that yet, to busy just wondering around the outskirts of velen still just finding chests etc, armour is here, I do have a item burden mod running in case you see the weight values. Not interested in weight limits in games.

Hx5cXOa.png

Got some much better armour I need to craft when I get back to a blacksmith.

HOWwMYH.png

Last edited:
Associate
Any idea wheres best to pick this up from?

cdkeys.com has it for £23.39 but ive never used a key site before

EDIT: Got it for £20 off kinguin, winner.

Are people playing with mouse and keyboard or a pad?

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the combat is a big improvement over the previous Witchers, took me a while to get used to the new control layout (360 controller) but feels ok now, the roll is more responsive than Witcher 2 which always seemed to have an annoying micro second delay, dodge seems pretty responsive too.

Finding that if I time the dodges, blocks and rolls well whilst using the Signs wisely I can take out creatures much higher level, only early on in the game mind so haven't met anything too tough, level 7 bear at level 1, the Haunted Well Wraith and a couple of other Wraiths about the trickiest so far. I would have progressed further but keep getting side tracked by those damned ? marks!:eek:

Running well on 970 SLI @ 2560x1440 pretty much maxed out, no crashes so far (fingers crossed). Patches must have sorted stability because I noticed early on in the thread a lot of people were experiencing crashes/lock ups etc, pure luck that I didn't have chance to install/play the game until after the third patch had been released.

Soldato
Just got the cat school gear. It is probably my favourite armour so far, and the quest was peetty good too. Been looking for a good light armour for ages.

Im using a controller, and I am finding it annoying that you can't look down and up all the way(really annoying when you need to jump off a ledge for example and you can't see if they is anything below). Is it different with kb/m?

Soldato
guys, is there any way to move the bottom ui further towards the edge of the screen?

18032350472_fe6e37ef2b_h.jpg

I can move the top UI, but the bottom UI seems to stay where it is.

Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom