The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Towards the bottom end of Velen? Lvl 25? Ive just gone past that griffin if its the same one as you I thought the same hit it a few times and its health was still the same so ran away the thing followed me for miles lol.

Also has anyone else seen like a swirly icon on there minimap before what are they? One was by the Griffin so couldnt check it out

Teleporter I think.

P.S. that Griffin can suck my left one, spent like 10 minutes chipping it down to half HP and the first time it hits me, it one shots me from full HP. :mad:

Soldato
Towards the bottom end of Velen? Lvl 25? Ive just gone past that griffin if its the same one as you I thought the same hit it a few times and its health was still the same so ran away the thing followed me for miles lol.

Also has anyone else seen like a swirly icon on there minimap before what are they? One was by the Griffin so couldnt check it out

Yep. That's the one. I hit it a few times, then it did a move I hadn't seen before and destroyed me in one hit!

Soldato
Guys, is there a list of decent sweetfx profiles?

I'm not keen on the vividness of vanilla. I'm about to buy despite my reluctance on release.

Thanks

Also, GOG keys, are they redeemable on Steam?

Permabanned
Soldato
So, I've played a good few hours now and what a missed opportunity this is. It's another totally over hyped game ruined by poor control and awful repetitive tedious button mashing.

I will probably carry on playing it for the time being but I'm surprised that hardly anyone else seems to find problems with it.

Soldato
So, I've played a good few hours now and what a missed opportunity this is. It's another totally over hyped game ruined by poor control and awful repetitive tedious button mashing.

I will probably carry on playing it for the time being but I'm surprised that hardly anyone else seems to find problems with it.

I think I'm about to regret my purchase too. Couldn't stand the combat in Witcher 1, still fairly clunky and bad in 2.

I'm struggling to find a cheap steam key :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Could users of 1080p systems give me a wee pointer? I've just hooked up my 2nd system to my 55" TV and I'm getting screen tearing (oh how quickly I'd gotten used to Gsync!).

What's my best setup for a 3570k and gtx 980 at 1080p? Obviously I'm happy to have it cap at 60 fps but this tearing isn't good.

Adaptive vsync in the Nvidia control panel.

Soldato
The combat can be clunky but it can also be very good. The problem is that it is nowhere near as responsive as it needs to be for what they want you to do. Something like parrying is hit and miss because of this. Bomb throwing too. I often press the button to throw a bomb and I'm mobbed by enemies before Geralt had even moved an inch!

When it works it is very good though.

Last edited:
Associate
I think I'm about to regret my purchase too. Couldn't stand the combat in Witcher 1, still fairly clunky and bad in 2.

I'm struggling to find a cheap steam key :(

I couldn't finish 1 and 2 because of the clunkyness despite an excellent story but this is a vast improvement IMO enjoying it immensely.

The level of detail in the game world is the best thing about it though, it's phenomenal, right down to the tiniest things you barely notice

Associate
What sort of frames are you guys getting on this game? im using sli 980s with everything maxed out and the game is only managing an average of 40 fps. this is on 3440x1440

Soldato
Caporegime
Try this one as well

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3718/

Not mine, found it while searching and it seems to be the best at least for my liking.

Thanks, liking that! :D

If I get bored of that one, I'll email you for yours matson

Yeah, initially I thought the combat was pretty good but imo it is very poor:

- parry/block is hit and miss, only useful against humans with light weapons, just have to dodge for very other type of attack/creature
- by the time you get to use fire, TK, magic trap etc. most of the higher level creatures will have hit you
- when against guys with an axe, for some reason they seem to be able to damage me despite them not actually doing anything except standing there with their axe :confused:
- I am on the second part/town/map ve.... something :p and it is a pita dealing with the creatures spread across the map as they are fast and you are against about 6+ so by the time you do a quick attack, it is guaranteed one will have hit you
- having to replace your weapons frequently (after 3-4 fights) because of them damaging quickly

Overall, I am just finding the combat tedious, overly complicated (although I can see why people like this type of combat), shadow of mordor combat was a lot more fun and enjoyable imo. Not really bothered about the story either, I am just enjoying the exploring and doing the ? quests tbh.

EDIT:

And yes personally I hate games with cut scenes where you choose what to say etc. for about 5 minutes but that is just me :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom