The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
i use mouse keyboard too, hate controllers thats why never play ps4 anymore.. they really are dogturd lol.

had to rebind a lot of keys tho but controls and movement are no problem and can pull off some nice combos already.. also signs are really important vs some mobs/bosses especially if your playing on harder difficulty.

im only lvl 7 been exploring a lot and talking to NPCs... also been gathering a lot of herbs for alchy and crafting...

Last edited:
Soldato
With my normal config yeah I had everything on ultra apart from hairworks which was off and I was getting between 28 and 37 fps on a single 290 @ 3440x1440.
With this modified config im getting between 15 and 22 fps lol obviously that's not playable until crossfire works but it looks damn nice. The Increased shadows..decals..grass and tree density and drawdistance on things make it look so good and im liking the colours in that sweet FX the guy is using too. The 8k shadows are probably a little much though haha.

Took a few screenshots of my own using the modified ini and his sweet fx so ill post them here.

R2zflsc.jpg

vVjfrYz.jpg

b043DVA.jpg

MIqQTyW.jpg

BRBgNit.jpg

7AM85Td.jpg

QW9lH12.jpg

Aa1O1kL.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Just went to an Island that had a fort type place and in there was a lab. I could see a shimmering on all the various levels and close to the top could hear a woman crying. After 30 mins or so of trying to work out what to do I decided it must be linked to a quest I don't have yet.

That's a good quest chain. Won't give anything away but if you wanna start it, go see Kiera Metz. Leads to a fairly long chain and if you play your cards right, Geralt might get some.

Caporegime
Hmmm, maybe I should switch to M+K and see how I get on then.

Think I will hold of until the next lot of gpus then before jumping to 3440x1440 matson!

Definitely looks a lot better that :cool:

Soldato
I would hope people do.... If people don't know fill the 3 red bars and then hold fast or strong attack for a special attack.

i knew you could do special attacks by holding in one of them but i never knew what those little bars were for :eek: i was just holding the buttons and thinking to myself these dont seem much different...now i know why lol guess thats what happens when you skip some information i guess

Soldato
hmmm I just noticed something... I was wondering why its looking like im not getting proper AF in game and when I looked in the user.settings file... the default one I saw this...

MaxTextureAnizotropy=16

Did they spell it wrong? lol is that why it looks like im not seeing proper AF?

Soldato
I don't suppose anyone can email me the weight mod? Was going to buy the 1.29 membership but believe it or not, only have an EFTpos card (NZ thing) which I can't use online.

email in trust

Last edited:
Soldato
hmmm I just noticed something... I was wondering why its looking like im not getting proper AF in game and when I looked in the user.settings file... the default one I saw this...

MaxTextureAnizotropy=16

Did they spell it wrong? lol is that why it looks like im not seeing proper AF?

Yeah this was introduced in 1.0.3. It's why you might have two enteries (Anizotrophy and Anisotropy) as the correct spelling in 1.0.0 - 1.0.2, then the messed it up in 1.0.3. Regardless, the whole setting is broke and no matter what you pick it doesn't apply more than 2x. You should force it through your graphics control panel to 16x.

Soldato
Think he just means it will be actually be playable with a modified config. It does look amazing edited but 18 or so fps isn't much use add hairworks to that and youll get about 10 fps lol.

Soldato
guys, you know when you visit a stone and you acquire the power of it, is there anyway to move the signs on the HUD? why on earth did they think it was a good idea to have the icons for the stone signs quite central. Need to move them or hide them.

Back
Top Bottom