The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Overall, I am just finding the combat tedious, overly complicated (although I can see why people like this type of combat), shadow of mordor combat was a lot more fun and enjoyable imo. Not really bothered about the story either, I am just enjoying the exploring and doing the ? quests tbh.

This I totally agree with (apart from overly complicated part, haha), Shadow of Mordor had fantastic fluid combat that gave you brilliant control over who you hit, how you blocked to how you retaliated. It is far superior to the basic attack attack roll roll the W3 has you doing. Maybe SoM has spoilt all other games for me!! arrgh

Infact, I need to go back to SoM and finish it ! :D

Soldato
Just combo monsters that are parryable and parry their attacks when they try and trade hits, makes it a little more epic and cinematic :D

Soldato
I've had no issues with Witcher combat in the previous games...not that I can remember how they were truth be told but I do find myself swinging into air like a lemon in W3 a great deal and the mention of Shadow of Mordor reminds me how superb combat was in that. I do agree with the points made above.

Caporegime
Take it you aren't a fan of SOM then? :p

This I totally agree with (apart from overly complicated part, haha), Shadow of Mordor had fantastic fluid combat that gave you brilliant control over who you hit, how you blocked to how you retaliated. It is far superior to the basic attack attack roll roll the W3 has you doing. Maybe SoM has spoilt all other games for me!! arrgh

Infact, I need to go back to SoM and finish it ! :D

Yup, I find the attack, roll, attack routine very dated these days, like you said, shadow of mordor is a lot more fluid with better control and it iseasier to pull of some amazing moves/chain attacks.

This is the first witcher game I have played so don't know know much about Geralt etc. but from the cut sceness, info. etc. witcher's are suppose to be bad asses, extremely powerful etc. yet when it comes to the combat/gameplay, you just don't feel powerful at all... in shadow of mordor, you were also a powerful character and it "felt" like that when it came to fights.

haha yeah I am finding the game pretty complicated :o, although the ui is poor (imo) which doesn't help matters...

That is just my opinion anyway and it seems like we are in a very small minority :D

I am going to play some SOM tonight :D Will be nice to see some HD textures ;) :p Trying to hold of playing too much of the W3 until the graphical patch arrives.

Permabanned
That is just my opinion anyway and it seems like we are in a very small minority :D

Geralt and co have a pretty big following, comics/books/tv shows and the games. For people like myself and many others who have read/seen the stuff available and are fans, this game is very very bad ass. Does not mean you are wrong in what you say though, just the game does have a big following so people like me might see past the flaws.

Soldato
Damn! I just used somones modified ini settings and the game looks so much better...runs like crap of course but damn does it look good lol. Its a ini/sweet fx mix and this is what it looks like...
Theres things like more particles. much higher grass density and tree density. Higher quality shadows ect.

mOr1Hsl.jpg

3oCn7uW.jpg

2mx1K0w.jpg

Permabanned
Should keep photos the original size really m8 and put in spoiler tags. Pictures will always look amazing the smaller you make them. But yeah you can mess with the games ini big times, Nvidia did a guide of all the settings you can change I believe.

Soldato
hahahhaha... theres plenty of ways of attacking in this game other then attack attack roll...

there's so much u can do with potions, bombs etc and i bet half of u dont even know how to do special attacks?

amazing game for me... haven't stopped playing it and when i was on holiday few weeks back i was thinking to myself about giving gaming up for the summer and actually go outside... but this game has quickly changed my mind lol!

Caporegime
That looks a lot better matson :eek:, it looks too sharp though! :p

What is the FPS loss?

I presume/hope this is what we will get in the upcoming graphical patch....

Geralt and co have a pretty big following, comics/books/tv shows and the games. For people like myself and many others who have read/seen the stuff available and are fans, this game is very very bad ass. Does not mean you are wrong in what you say though, just the game does have a big following so people like me might see past the flaws.

Oh, didn't realise that it had books etc. as well :eek: That would certainly explain the big following it has!

Westie, nope I don't have a clue about special attacks :p, I know about bombs and oils though, go me! :D

Permabanned
hahahhaha... theres plenty of ways of attacking in this game other then attack attack roll...

there's so much u can do with potions, bombs etc and i bet half of u dont even know how to do special attacks?

amazing game for me... haven't stopped playing it and when i was on holiday few weeks back i was thinking to myself about giving gaming up for the summer and actually go outside... but this game has quickly changed my mind lol!

I would hope people do.... If people don't know fill the 3 red bars and then hold fast or strong attack for a special attack.

Soldato
Just went to an Island that had a fort type place and in there was a lab. I could see a shimmering on all the various levels and close to the top could hear a woman crying. After 30 mins or so of trying to work out what to do I decided it must be linked to a quest I don't have yet.

Soldato
Yeah I made them smaller as there 4k screenshots lol and they arnt mine there just from the guy who did the ini modifications and uploaded his sweet fx. Im getting about 20 fps with that modified ini settings. Compared to the 30-35 fps I was at with the default ultra settings.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah I made them smaller as there 4k screenshots lol and they arnt mine there just from the guy who did the ini modifications and uploaded his sweet fx. Im getting about 20 fps with that modified ini settings. Compared to the 30-35 fps I was at with the default ultra settings.

Ah that will be why they look so sharp then lol

Have you got everything to max including hairworks? I got most things to max except:

foliage to medium
hairworks, sharpening, chromatic, AA, blur crap are off
ambient occlusion set to SSAO

2560x1080

And I get 50+ FPS on my 290

Is 3440x1440 really that much of a hit?! :eek:

Come to think of it I think you are right actually. Can't really remember it now.

From what I remember, the only things that they covered:

- run
- climb
- bombs
- magic stuff
- heavy and quick attack
- parry, block
- target/lock target

:o

And then throughout the first map/mission, just basic things i.e. inventory, making oils, potions, upgrades, crafting etc.

Soldato
Okay, I take it back. If you guys love your controllers, then so be it. I'll stick with my overly complex keyboard setup haha

I have only just turned level 10. To be fair, I look forward to starting it up. It's a gream game

Any advice on alchemy and creating Armour? I want to look as sexy as those above :)

Back
Top Bottom