The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Love the choice making! Its horrid! Dont know which is the best one to make but thats a good thing unlike other games that point it out i.e. blue for good red for bad :) regret some of my choices but hopefully it will be k :)

Permabanned
Am I being thick? I can't see to get SweetFX to work? I've followed the instructions here to the T yet still nothing.

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3696/

Also, what's up with the trees? Utterly stupid. Why is it always as though it's blowing a gale?

http://www.filedropper.com/witcher3sweetfx_1

Copy it to C:\GoG\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64

With your install path and extract here, scroll lock will toggle it on and off.

You can just replace the sweetfx_settings.txt each time you want to try a new preset.

Last edited:
Soldato
Normally when people try to be smart they pull it off, keep trying m8 :D

What do you mean? I wasnt trying to be smart. I was being serious.

h2_1993.132.jpg

Associate
game of thrones level?! LOL! :D

We get it you are a massive fan of the game but just because you think it is perfect doesn't mean that it is for every one else... I don't think anyone has come out and just said the game is dog ****, simply that it isn't as good as what everyone makes it out to be thus over hyped which I agree with.

graphics - not sure how people find the standard/default game good looking, some rare scenes where it looks very good (the lighting and shadows mostly) but overall it is very meh, the textures look bad especially the water, GTA 5 and SOM are so much better looking in every way, granted they aren't as big, shadow of mordor has a more bland game world but gta 5 has so much more going on, also remember that with witcher 3, you have to actually load the other areas/maps when you travel to them so it isn't loading one MASSIVE map/gameworld....

storyline - IMO it is nothing special (one of the better games for story? yes but a master piece, imo no). Some of the quests are good and some are rubbish, breaking into a house just to recover a frying pan for an old lady, destroying a wraith/ghost hunting a well etc. are a "masterpiece" of story telling? If you want a true quality game story then play telltale's walking dead, imo that is by far the best game for story and will immerse you like no other game.

combat - I have seen a few say this is just a tiny feature of the game, not sure why.... I have spent 3/4 of my time fighting people/monsters so hardly a tiny feature therefore it is pretty important to get that working fluidly and to make it an enjoyable experience

I understand where you are coming from mate. Been there before. I remember when Skyrim came out. Hugely hyped before and after release. Whole of the gaming world goes bonkers for this RPG and try as I might to like it, I just couldn't help but find that it was nothing but lame empty souless boring crap, with faggy characters, crappy story, rubbish combat, gorgeous but empty landscape...and urgghhh....these ****ing dungeons man! Please don't send me down yet another godman fkn generic dungeon! Noooooooo! I can't take it no more!!!

:(

Ahem...anyways...

Difference in that instance with Skyrim was, that I was correct, and the whole of the global gaming community was wrong. This time with Witcher 3, I and the whole of the global gaming community are right, and you are wrong.

Sometimes, just sometimes, the crude masses see truth, whilst the individual is trapped in a chasm of delusion and distraction. In your case, this is one of those times.

Last edited:
Associate
I understand where you are coming from mate. Been there before. I remember when Skyrim came out. Hugely hyped before and after release. Whole of the gaming world goes bonkers for this RPG and try as I might to like it, I just couldn't help but find that it was nothing but lame empty souless boring crap, with faggy characters, crappy story, rubbish combat, gorgeous but empty landscape...and urgghhh....these ****ing dungeons man! Please don't send me down yet another godman fkn generic dungeon! Noooooooo! I can't take it no more!!!

:(

Ahem...anyways...

Difference in that instance with Skyrim was, that I was correct, and the whole of the global gaming community was wrong. This time with Witcher 3, I and the whole of the global gaming community are right, and you are wrong.

Sometimes, just sometimes, the crude masses see truth, whilst the individual is trapped in a chasm of delusion and distraction. In your case, this is one of those times.
Skyrim nearly put me off RPGs forever. I agree with everything you said.

Back
Top Bottom