The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Permabanned
I stumbled upon a Place of Power near a cave that had a werewolf prowling outside.
Something quest-like happened as I approached though: some voice started speaking to me warning me of something, but I didn't have a related quest active so nothing came of it.
I was lvl4 and it was lvl9. I could beat it by chipping away at its health, but I was dead in 2-3 hits so I'd have to be very careful. Got bored constantly reloading so I pegged it out of there. Didn't venture into the cave but I suspect more scary things await :p

That is part of a quest and a very very cool quest indeed.

Soldato
Not really played this, but fired it up to have a look... well, it doesn't look as good as I would have thought, but hey ho, can live without "uber" graphics.... however...

Does anybody else think folliage/grass/bushes, etc look particularly bad? Not just that they look like cardboard cutouts, but the way they move. It's like every bit of flora is having some kind of spasm.

Associate
Lv3.5. Got the feeling I am about to get my rear end handed to me by a Werewolf quest I've been doing in Valen. Followed a trail to a ramshackle hut in a forest and ventured to the caves under it. So far its daylight and I have to wait until night...I'm scared.

I managed this quest at level 4 last night.... just. (Was wearing the DLC armour and wielding viper silver sword).

Great quest btw.

Caporegime
Has no one worked out how to reduce the tree and grass 'wobble' from the none apparent gale?

It's KILLING the atmosphere for me.

THIS!

Looks good at first but getting a little annoying now.

I still need to get around to installing the weight mod as well.

Not really played this, but fired it up to have a look... well, it doesn't look as good as I would have thought, but hey ho, can live without "uber" graphics.... however...

Does anybody else think folliage/grass/bushes, etc look particularly bad? Not just that they look like cardboard cutouts, but the way they move. It's like every bit of flora is having some kind of spasm.

Nope you aren't the only one, although be careful, you will get jumped on for saying anything bad about the game! :D :p ;)

Be sure to install this sweetfx:

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3696/

Or any other one you like the look of, it helps a lot!

Last edited:
Associate
I read that there is possibly a mod being made to remove the narration on loading screens. Look forward to that, feel sleepy every time I load the game!

I play with the German voices, which has it's ups and it's downs. Obviously the English voices are generally way more professional than the German voiceovers. But on the otherhand, with playing the game in German, I don't get no faggy American 'hollywood fantasy' voices. I like the gravelly Hitlerian narration on the loading screens. Adds atmosphere to the game, and reinforces the main storyline.

What I would like to find a way of removing is Geralt screaming at his horse. Really bloody loud, harsh, annoying, and unnecessary.

Yep...that certainly does suck....

I would prefer it if it wasn't there, but I can play the game for long enough without it really bothering me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Right give up. Can't beat the monster deck! Playing Gwent in a kind of tournament, and this guy ends up with about 30 cards on the board in the last round!

Seriously addicted to that game, getting close to having a nilfgaardian set to play with. My Northern Realms deck is pretty rock solid at the moment, haven't lost in a while.

Monster decks are a nightmare to play vs, especially when they destroy the card you just played. FU!!

Soldato
Seriously addicted to that game, getting close to having a nilfgaardian set to play with. My Northern Realms deck is pretty rock solid at the moment, haven't lost in a while.

Monster decks are a nightmare to play vs, especially when they destroy the card you just played. FU!!

I just beat him!... I won't spoil it, but it was kind of part of the main quest(though you don't have to play). I won on the last card, which was the faction ability that clears the weather effects...which made me win by 1 point!

I was luck because he went very aggressive early, so I was able to let him win the first round and save my best cards. They are a nightmare to play against though.

Last edited:
Associate
Would you say medium graphics at 1080 on the PC version are the same or better as/than the console versions?

If you are running a full v-sync'd 60 fps, then infinitely better.

There isn't actually a huge world of difference between medium-high-ultra settings. The most obvious difference is the level of pop-in which is seemingly non-existant on ultra, but pretty noticable on medium.

Soldato

Got all sets except the monsters playable, still favour the Northern Realms though, mainly as ive been able to pick and choose my deck whereas the other two only barely have enough cards.

Frost cards are super handy against monsters as all of their main army spam seems to be front line stuff. Really though if you havent got a spy or two in your deck then yeah you will be pretty screwed, I havent seen a monster spy yet so I think that may be a limitation of their race. Also dont underestimate the importance of Decoy cards, if you play a medic card for example you can can decoy it and play it again to revive another fallen card.

Soldato
Got all sets except the monsters playable, still favour the Northern Realms though, mainly as ive been able to pick and choose my deck whereas the other two only barely have enough cards.

Frost cards are super handy against monsters as all of their main army spam seems to be front line stuff. Really though if you havent got a spy or two in your deck then yeah you will be pretty screwed, I havent seen a monster spy yet so I think that may be a limitation of their race. Also dont underestimate the importance of Decoy cards, if you play a medic card for example you can can decoy it and play it again to revive another fallen card.

Decoy cards are great for those rounds that you give to the enemy but you make the pay the maximum price for the round win. Then decoy some cards back and play some spys so you have 2 or 3 times as many cards to play on the last round. EZ WIN.

Back
Top Bottom