The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
there some funny things in the game at one point if you make the choices like I did you can really upset yen and she does something to you which is funny :)
another one is getting completely hammered with a few friends which is another very funny part =]

Associate
For people who have got that far, what level did you get to Skellige? Getting worried I'm going to be way overlevelled for the story quest now, level 19 and I think next story is 12! So much to do constantly I never manage to get there before something else pops up

Associate
For people who have got that far, what level did you get to Skellige? Getting worried I'm going to be way overlevelled for the story quest now, level 19 and I think next story is 12! So much to do constantly I never manage to get there before something else pops up

was about 19 or 20 when I got there there's a mix of levels there same as the other areas

Soldato
The story writing is simply incredible. I've made two dubious decisions that have released some real evil into the world, hopefully I will get to make up for that during the story.

Seriously how can anyone not take just pure enjoyment in these quest lines, they are so well fleshed out and take no prisoners, it's a damn brutal world out there, rarely does anything end nicely.

Associate
The story writing is simply incredible. I've made two dubious decisions that have released some real evil into the world, hopefully I will get to make up for that during the story.

Seriously how can anyone not take just pure enjoyment in these quest lines, they are so well fleshed out and take no prisoners, it's a damn brutal world out there, rarely does anything end nicely.

wait till later there are even harder ones I felt guilty after one which is all I will say

Soldato
Has anyone done the(small spoiler for the main quest as soon as you get to Novigrad)

haunted house quest in Novigrad where you can either let the godling stay or get rid of it and then you return there later on?... I let it stay then got a contract to go back and investigate the haunted house. I went there, and found the dreamer woman living with the godling. A weird little storyboard sequence played that didn't make much sense and then it was quest over!... Very odd.

Caporegime
Difference in that instance with Skyrim was, that I was correct, and the whole of the global gaming community was wrong. This time with Witcher 3, I and the whole of the global gaming community are right, and you are wrong.

Sometimes, just sometimes, the crude masses see truth, whilst the individual is trapped in a chasm of delusion and distraction. In your case, this is one of those times.

ignorance is bliss :D

So was a particular day/date given for this graphical patch due this week?

Soldato
Level 9, not sure how many hours in, and I only have 1 issue with the game. When you use your witcher senses to follow trails, especially vapour trails that are low and near the ground, being red/green colour blind I can sometimes struggle to see them.

Soldato
Lv3.5. Got the feeling I am about to get my rear end handed to me by a Werewolf quest I've been doing in Valen. Followed a trail to a ramshackle hut in a forest and ventured to the caves under it. So far its daylight and I have to wait until night...I'm scared.

Soldato
Lv3.5. Got the feeling I am about to get my rear end handed to me by a Werewolf quest I've been doing in Valen. Followed a trail to a ramshackle hut in a forest and ventured to the caves under it. So far its daylight and I have to wait until night...I'm scared.

Oooof you are probably to low level for this at the moment.

Soldato
Great game so far, much better then the Witcher 2 in my opinion as I could not seem to get into it all that much, if I remember I might have only managed something like 10-20 hours before giving it up.

[Spoilers]
My only issue with the Witcher 3 is I am scared to explore too much. Not scared of what I might encounter but a fear of messing my save game up. I've already lost maybe 10-15 hours of loading old saves up because I explored and discovered things before I should have. I wont name specific quests, but in White Orchard I messed up originally by killing a group of enemies and looting treasure, later to discover it's actually a secondary quest which had not been initiated and so neither came up in the quest log or could not be started. My second example is in Velen, I spoke to the shady merchant about getting a fake pass, so I agreed to help is brother or whoever it was, as I only just arrived in Velen I was understrength against a few waves of ghouls and even though I killed them and spoke to the brother afterwards I thought all was good. Anyway I decided to do maybe another 10 hours exploring elsewhere before venturing back to the shady merchant to discover I failed the quest when I spoke to him, no matter if I payed the 100 gold or not. Argh!
[Spoilers]

So in short, great game really loving it especially the spectacular visuals, but my main gripe with games like this and Skyrim is that I am always in constant fear of going on my own and exploring and killing, looting etc only to find later on I inadvertently messed up a quest that had not yet been started. Someone might give a quest to kill someone or loot some treasure etc but unfortunately through exploration you may have already done that! I'm one of those OCD kind of people that if I see a fail or incomplete/broken quest in the quest log then it drives me mad, hence a few restarts already in this game! From now on I will go to as many notice boards and talk to as many people as I can first in the top it starts the quest in case I mistakenly go somewhere and break something before I should :o

Associate

I stumbled upon a Place of Power near a cave that had a werewolf prowling outside.
Something quest-like happened as I approached though: some voice started speaking to me warning me of something, but I didn't have a related quest active so nothing came of it.
I was lvl4 and it was lvl9. I could beat it by chipping away at its health, but I was dead in 2-3 hits so I'd have to be very careful. Got bored constantly reloading so I pegged it out of there. Didn't venture into the cave but I suspect more scary things await :p

Back
Top Bottom