The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Even tho people are complaining about the downgraded graphics, it's still beautiful. Great atmosphere. Probably the best fantasy medieval game I've played.

It's sad tho to think this is the last witcher game. :(

Imagine had they not 'optimised' the graphics! We would all be complaining we cant play the game on more than medium/high settings.

Associate
Just added the weight mod but the one where u can decreqse the weight of items by x10 or how ever much you want.

Also can you get red mutagens?

Yes, I have a single lesser red mutagen in my inventory - not sure where I got it from though, maybe Harpies as I've only fought them once so far, but it seems unlikely that they'd carry red mutagens.

Soldato
i havent even played that gwent yet is it complicated? or easy to pick up?

Yes, I have a single lesser red mutagen in my inventory - not sure where I got it from though, maybe Harpies as I've only fought them once so far, but it seems unlikely that they'd carry red mutagens.

must just be rare or something ive got plenty of blue and green but no red

Last edited:
Associate
i havent even played that gwent yet is it complicated? or easy to pick up?

A bit complicated to begin with tbh, but pretty good when you get going with it.

Even tho people are complaining about the downgraded graphics, it's still beautiful. Great atmosphere. Probably the best fantasy medieval game I've played.

It's sad tho to think this is the last witcher game. :(

Imagine had they not 'optimised' the graphics! We would all be complaining we cant play the game on more than medium/high settings.

Precisely. It wasn't a 'downgrade', they just set the bar far too high and needed a lower grade approach for the consoles and all the PC gamers who are lacking Sli'd Titans.

Last edited:
Soldato
Precisely. It wasn't a 'downgrade', they just set the bar far too high and needed a lower grade approach for the consoles and all the PC gamers who are lacking Sli'd Titans.

The main gripe I have concerning the whole Witcher 3 graphicsgate saga is I simply have no idea why they turned the saturation/ vibrance level up to 11! They completely ruined the whole look and feel of the atmosphere, and that is just shoddy. It's like they got an 11 year old kid in who's addicted to instagram to be the colourist before the game shipped or something.

All I can say is thank the lord for SweetFX. I'm using it to good effect now with my own tweaks to tone down the bizzare colour pallette the game shipped with, and at times it can now be a very very good looking game.

Soldato
Just got to Novigrad, its amazingly detailed imo! Just walked around for a bit with the tick tilted slightly forward, really well designed and feels huge too reminds me of Kings landing, with no yellowie goldie tint

Soldato
Are most people crafting upgrades? Seems virtually every single piece of loot is level 1, 2, or 3 and yet I am level 8. Looted nothing of value for hours on end, every upgrade is a crafted item.

You need to buy diagrams for weapons from traders or blacksmiths. Otherwise you won't be able to create higher level stuff. Also I think bandit camps have diagrams

Managed to get 2560x1440 working on my 1080p screen via the hack. Looks amazing. Averaging 70-90fps but limited to 59 now to make it smoother

Loving the game

Just killed this

2015-05-25_00007.jpg

Blunt arrow ftw

Associate
The main gripe I have concerning the whole Witcher 3 graphicsgate saga is I simply have no idea why they turned the saturation/ vibrance level up to 11! They completely ruined the whole look and feel of the atmosphere, and that is just shoddy. It's like they got an 11 year old kid in who's addicted to instagram to be the colourist before the game shipped or something.

All I can say is thank the lord for SweetFX. I'm using it to good effect now with my own tweaks to tone down the bizzare colour pallette the game shipped with, and at times it can now be a very very good looking game.

Ah yes. Now to be fair, I was also rather put off by the OTT red saturation levels and one of the first things I did was download a SweetFX profile....one of the one's that Matson posted links to.

Astonishing why CDPR would choose to release the game looking like it did when there are so many SweetFX files that make the game look so much more natural and better.

Associate
Patch 1.04 just got announced on Twitter.
http://thewitcher.com/news/view/1043

"A few additional gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area."

I hope that means you can get the cards that the innkeeper sold before she disappears after you complete that zone. If you didn't buy the cards, you can never buy them again and thus can't complete the Gwent card collection quest.

EDIT: From somebody on Reddit: "the mechant that you saved from the griffin now sells the cards sold by the inkeeper (she leaves after prologue so they became unobtainable if you didnt buy them)" AWESOME!

Last edited:
Associate
ive not come across any armour that looks any better than the starting one. most armours ive come across looks peasant like. yes i know stats matter more but i want my witcher looking badass. the only thing that looks ok that i have is the griffin set and im around lvl 20

Soldato
I've only just got the quest to get the griffin gear at level 16, and I already have the complete Feline set, which I imagine is better anyway based on level recommendation. I really like the look of it as well.

Soldato
My FPS has improved quite a bit in patch 1.04. Using 1 card with everything on Ultra apart from foliage and shadows which are set to "High". HairWorks is off too. Tessellation is set to "AMD Optimized" in Catalyst Control Center.

witcher3_2015_05_25_16_11_37_69.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom