The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
ive not come across any armour that looks any better than the starting one. most armours ive come across looks peasant like. yes i know stats matter more but i want my witcher looking badass. the only thing that looks ok that i have is the griffin set and im around lvl 20

I had the same problem. Right now I'm using Cidarian Cavalry armor that looks awesome but starting to outlevel it. Going to have to do the scavenger hunt to get one of the school sets tonight I think.

Soldato
Why are those two things related in any way?

They are related in every way. Role-playing is almost non existent in the witcher series, and most of it is down to the main character being uncustomisable(not use thats a word!) in many ways.

I'd love CDPR to make a game with a character we could customise. As it is, if you don't like Geralt, if you don't like his fighting style or just his personality, if you want to play as a female character, you aren't going to like it.

It's not negative towards the game in any way, just the game that it is.

Soldato
They are related in every way. Role-playing is almost non existent in the witcher series, and most of it is down to the main character being uncustomisable(not use thats a word!) in many ways.

I'd love CDPR to make a game with a character we could customise. As it is, if you don't like Geralt, if you don't like his fighting style or just his personality, if you want to play as a female character, you aren't going to like it.

It's not negative towards the game in any way, just the game that it is.

Whole point of the games is to tell the tale of Geralt, RPG was just the way they decided to go about it. I think it would detract from 'The Witcher' massively if you weren't actually THE Witcher.

Soldato
Whole point of the games is to tell the tale of Geralt, RPG was just the way they decided to go about it. I think it would detract from 'The Witcher' massively if you weren't actually THE Witcher.

...I didn't say anything about this game having a character you could customise. I said I would like them to make a game that did have one.

As I said, it isn't a negative against this game, it is the game that it is.

Soldato
...I didn't say anything about this game having a character you could customise. I said I would like them to make a game that did have one.

As I said, it isn't a negative against this game, it is the game that it is.

I know mate but this is very much a real RPG, having an uncustomizable character isn't a breaking point. :p

I like the fact they've given us a wicked character we can't change. Skyrim drove me mad when I kept getting bored of my character, same in Mass Effect, made my own dude and ended up restarting and using default Shepp cause he's just cooler. :D

Associate
Can only be a good thing imo. I would like to see CDPR make a real RPG.

ohh....and what in your view constitutes a 'real' RPG?

Skyrim? (snigger snigger)

Dragon Age? (tee hee)

For me, a 'real' RPG is a video game that gets me involved with or invested in the main protagonist and also gives me interesting choices that are either sophisticated or effect the game in an interesting way. The Witcher 3 does that for me. All the other 'pretenders' that have passed as RPG greats in the months and years gone by, do not.

Last edited:
Permabanned

Kinda did :D

Soldato
Yes. Skyrim is far more of an RPG than The Witcher series. I would be interested to hear your reasons as to how it isn't?

They are both RPGs! :confused:

Skyrizzle literally lets you change who your character is that's all, that doesn't make it far more of an RPG, one is no less of an RPG than the other. Dead Island is as much of an RPG as Skyrim/Witcher, as is Diablo and so on. :eek:

Soldato
Kinda did :D

Not really. Just illustrating how having a set character limits you when it comes to choices in certain areas. I'm fine with having Geralt as the main character, it is his story, but it is going to put some people off the game, whereas give someone the chance to create their own character and they can tailor the game to suit their needs...Don't like the mele combat, play as an archer or mage for example.

Permabanned
Not really. Just illustrating how having a set character limits you when it comes to choices in certain areas. I'm fine with having Geralt as the main character, it is his story, but it is going to put some people off the game, whereas give someone the chance to create their own character and they can tailor the game to suit their needs...Don't like the mele combat, play as an archer or mage for example.

If they added the option to play as a Archer in the Witcher series I would personally burn down CDPR's headquarters. Although they did add a crossbow :p

People actually make builds for w2, you just spend all the points in either magic/melee. You can do the same for W3, so in theory if you spend your points correct you will have whatever character build you want. You could use magic and only magic for the entire game if you level up correct and learn to fight with only magic etc. So you could be just a mage, the system has a lot more depth then your normal Skyrim player gives it credit for ;)

Last edited:
Associate
So I'm interested in getting the Witcher 3 but I haven't played the first 2. Without getting my head bitten off by die hard fans is it necessary?

For example for me I preferred Oblivion over Skyrim and if someone asked me I'd say hell yeah play Oblivion, but it's not a requirement before playing Skyrim. Or is it more like Mass Effect in regards to the story?

Permabanned
So I'm interested in getting the Witcher 3 but I haven't played the first 2. Without getting my head bitten off by die hard fans is it necessary?

For example for me I preferred Oblivion over Skyrim and if someone asked me I'd say hell yeah play Oblivion, but it's not a requirement before playing Skyrim. Or is it more like Mass Effect in regards to the story?

Nah you don't have to at all. I personally would say do it right from the start but it is not essential at all.

Soldato
Can anyone who has the cat school gear tell me how to....

get to the bloody passages underneath Temple Isle? :(

Did anyone say parkour? ;)

4D0F379FA6F240233C9BAB367B5AD68393C2A2A7

Not really, every Witcher game is pretty standalone, but you'd be missing a lot by not playing the previous ones.

Back
Top Bottom