• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Can anyone who has the cat school gear tell me how to....

get to the bloody passages underneath Temple Isle? :(

Took me ages to work it out. Died about 20 times trying to 'fall' down the cliffs!

there is actually a path that goes straight to it if you face the cliff and go to the left, down the actual streets you get to the lower level.

Associate
You need to buy diagrams for weapons from traders or blacksmiths. Otherwise you won't be able to create higher level stuff. Also I think bandit camps have diagrams

Managed to get 2560x1440 working on my 1080p screen via the hack. Looks amazing. Averaging 70-90fps but limited to 59 now to make it smoother

[/spoiler]

What hack is this?

Soldato
Took me ages to work it out. Died about 20 times trying to 'fall' down the cliffs!

there is actually a path that goes straight to it if you face the cliff and go to the left, down the actual streets you get to the lower level.

LMAO! Same! I spent hours trying to slide down aswell, cheers bud will check it out now.

Permabanned
If they added the option to play as a Archer in the Witcher series I would personally burn down CDPR's headquarters. Although they did add a crossbow :p

People actually make builds for w2, you just spend all the points in either magic/melee. You can do the same for W3, so in theory if you spend your points correct you will have whatever character build you want. You could use magic and only magic for the entire game if you level up correct and learn to fight with only magic etc. So you could be just a mage, the system has a lot more depth then your normal Skyrim player gives it credit for ;)

Not so sure you could play an all magic build. Magic just seems to complement the swordplay rather than be an alternative.

Soldato
Earlier I did the quest line involving the 3 hags and I have to say they were damn creepy. It made me think of The Blair Witch Project, no not Cherie Blair, and if they had ever revealed the witch there any of these 3 would have been perfect.

Soldato
Lv9 vs Lv17 on Bones difficulty, GG izi :D

Cat quest:

Why are humans so pants in this? Easiest things to parry and so predictable :(
D6D367BB9CF8B24DE9D24C4E15670FC52B3334C7

What about just playing 2 and 3? Thinking of just buying the latest 2 as I can't bring myself to play a game as old as the Witcher 1 (just like I can't play Morrowind)

Witcher 1 is quite fantastic mate, it's aged quite well, but yeah you can play 2 into 3, 1 is recapped pretty in depth at the beginning of the Enhanced Edition of 2.

There's a path leading down to a cave on the left side of the island it starts up by the buildings

Done it now mate, tyvm.

Last edited:
Soldato
Man swimming in this game is an utter PITA. Trying to do a treasure quest on the west coast of Valen, which involves swimming into some wrecks underwater whilst Drowners swim nearby. Must have drowned about 3 times before I managed to get to the goodies. Swimming upwards when you're low on breath is a headache.

Soldato
Man swimming in this game is an utter PITA. Trying to do a treasure quest on the west coast of Valen, which involves swimming into some wrecks underwater whilst Drowners swim nearby. Must have drowned about 3 times before I managed to get to the goodies. Swimming upwards when you're low on breath is a headache.

Yeah I hate it aswel for some reason when trying swim down he just kept rolling over. Then swimming up he just randomly stopped.

I hope they sort out the issue with sheathing weapons at the wrong time so many times today its auto sheathed geralts sword then I realise im fighting a pack of Drowners with my fists

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yeah I hate it aswel for some reason when trying swim down he just kept rolling over. Then swimming up he just randomly stopped.

I hope they sort out the issue with sheathing weapons at the wrong time so many times today its auto sheathed geralts sword then I realise im fighting a pack of Drowners with my fists

Yeah that mission is bad, trying to swim back up through the hatch..... RAGE

Associate
I've only started playing tonight after having bad performance at launch, seems much more improved now, plus the SLI drivers gave a nice meaty boost.

I'm running everything ultra apart from the hair effects and terrain distance at high, seem to be getting a solid 70-80 fps riding around, drops to 55-60 fps while in dense areas or combat with a few enemies at once. Only issue I have is random 'jittery' performance that comes sometimes after loading screens/cutscenes, feels like I'm playing at lower FPS or a lower refresh rate. Switching back and forth from windowed to full screen seems to resolve it, so it's not too much of an issue.

I was going to play through the first two games again before this, but I couldn't bring myself to get past that initial slow period at the start of Witcher 1. I instead opted to watch a few lore videos on the previous games a familiarise myself with the plot and characters again. I just wish I'd had chance to play it this weekend, I can see myself being tired at work for the foreseeable future :D

Soldato
The Apiarian Phanton - mission is slightly bugged. Spam E on the basement door to initiate the cut scene and then again if it doesn't open. And enjoy the surprise

Soldato
1.04 is out

The patch 1.04 for PC is available for download now! Please find the list of changes below:
- Rebinding of all keys is now available after switching on the ‘Unlock Bindings’ option in the Options\Key Bindings submenu.
- Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused dialogue looping in certain scenes.
- Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were affected by the Axii Sign.
- Corrects a bug that caused spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
- 1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displayed as a valid resolution option.
- Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.
- Texture rendering quality for the high and ultra presets has been improved.
- Further improvements made in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.
- A few additional gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.
- Fixes an issue where users with usernames incorporating non-
- Latin characters were unable to import saves from The Witcher 2.
- Includes a series of overall stability and performance improvements.
- Fixes issues related to alt + tabbing and minimizing the game window.
- Updates the game icon.
- Enlarges the loot pop-up window in the UI.
- Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could extend beyond the game borders in the UI.
- Upgrading items included in gear sets no longer destroys rune sockets on said items.
- Introduces small tweaks in the UI for gwent.
- Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom