• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Am I the only one who likes Roach? Maybe you all just need to practice your riding skills :p

I don't really use Roach that often to be honest, I prefer wandering around on foot - it's easier for me, especially when coming across enemies and stuff.

Me too. Prefer wandering around on foot, get to interact and see more easily.
Besides, it's a pain using Roach if you want to pick the pretty flowers. :)

Soldato
There's two types of people in the gaming world

1. People who think DayZ is about exploring (cf. walking everywhere picking up everything)
2. People who stay around Novy looking for kills (cf. those who use Roach to get from one quest to another to kill more stuff)

Soldato
This game is huge. You think your nearing the end of the main quests and are about to move onto the next area and then you end up getting a ton more lol and secondary quests to go with them aswell which last for hours, im loving that.

Soldato
^^Yeah, it's very basic atm. It has some interesting planned features, but it isn't great right now.

The cat armour has quite an interesting story to it as well, and sends you to some interesting places. It is light armour based around crit damage. IT also has better armour rating than the Griffin armour(though I suppose when linked with mutagens that would change?). I just really like the way it looks though. Seems like the most natural kind of armour for Geralt to wear imo.

Starting on that now. Was hoping to clear the initial cave first thing this morning before I left for work. Fighting the level 17 down there (I'm level 9 on the 2nd hardest difficulty ><), got him to one combo left to kill him and screwed up my counterattack and got killed :(

Soldato
Lv7 now and the levelling in this game is so slow. Dread to think how long it would take to reach the upper 20's.

So far I am doing a quest for the Baron that involves
finding his wife & daughter but I am holding that off to explore Valen which is just HUGE. I've just completed a long quest with Kiera do find an Elf in a cave, which ended up in an annoying boss scrap.
Also seeing a lot of mobs that are far over my level so I am ducking and weaving as I run through forests most of the time. Need moar levels!

Last edited:
So, I finally...
traveled to the Isle of Mists and found Ciri. Wow that place was eerie yet felt so magical at the same time, fought a fiend in a swamp drenched in fog whilst trying to save a dozy dwarf. But not to mention actually finding her :o Was such a great moment, which leads straight into another one - the fight at Kaer Mohren. Was an absolute spectacle that was, was in shock the entire time. The game really likes to tore with your emotions - one moment I'm unbelievably happy and relieved, the next I'm sad at a certain characters passing. Then I had a snowball fight with Ciri which was so damn cute... :p Seriously, I thought that was gonna be "the final battle", but now I get to roam around with Ciri doing even more quests? (which some of them are absolutely amazing, like the one where you travel between world) Amazing :eek:.

If anyone has finished the game, how far off do you think I am finishing? I really don't wanna accidentally rush this.

Lv7 now and the levelling in this game is so slow. Dread to think how long it would take to reach the upper 20's.

So far I am doing a quest for the Baron that involves finding his wife & daughter but I am holding that off to explore Valen which is just HUGE. I've just completed a long quest with Kiera do find an Elf in a cave, which ended up in an annoying boss scrap. Also seeing a lot of mobs that are far over my level so I am ducking and weaving as I run through forests most of the time. Need moar levels!

Don't worry, once you start doing some main quests in Novigrad you'll level up really quickly without doing much at all, most of the time all you have to do is go somewhere and talk to someone, and you'll get a bunch o' XP for it. Main quests for XP, side quests for gold/loot.

Associate
Found a huge stash of loot last night just randomly wandering around the north parth of Velen, dropped a schematic for the sword "Harpy", but it's a level 37 item (I'm lvl 7 right now)!!

I've not been this addicted to a game in a long time, so much to explore, and the quests have been fantastic so far.

Question about adrenaline / special attacks:
Do you need to be specced far enough into the fighting skill tree to get a special attack?
Can you activate it before you reach 3 full adrenaline bars?
Is it different to the counter-attack finisher combo when your enemy is low on health?
Does Quen shield stop your adrenaline bar from being depleted?

Never managed to trigger it as I always end up getting hit before I can activate it or it just isn't obvious enough when I get 3 bars full!!

Caporegime
This is the first game in ages that is keeping me up late at night playing it.

Not necessarily a good thing that! So much to do though.

I killed a level 14 Wyvern last night (had a skull on it) and I am only level 6. Took friggin ages and was quite an epic little battle. I had to repair my sword twice whilst fighting it!

It was guarding Lornruk in Velen (fort on a clifftop with drawbridge that is raised)

Most annoying thing was that after all that, it didn't even drop any loot! At least it's in my bestiary now I guess....

But I did find a way in to the fort eventually, and there were some decent loot spread around. Traded most of it in for cash in the city and then bought a saddle bag for my horse that lets me carry an extra 70 weight, which makes things easier.

Soldato
This is the first game in ages that is keeping me up late at night playing it.

Not necessarily a good thing that! So much to do though.

I killed a level 14 Wyvern last night (had a skull on it) and I am only level 6. Took friggin ages and was quite an epic little battle. I had to repair my sword twice whilst fighting it!

It was guarding Lornruk in Velen (fort on a clifftop with drawbridge that is raised)

Most annoying thing was that after all that, it didn't even drop any loot! At least it's in my bestiary now I guess....

But I did find a way in to the fort eventually, and there were some decent loot spread around. Traded most of it in for cash in the city and then bought a saddle bag for my horse that lets me carry an extra 70 weight, which makes things easier.

I hope you grabbed some of the griffin armor set schematic while you were there! :D

Associate
So, I finally...
traveled to the Isle of Mists and found Ciri. Wow that place was eerie yet felt so magical at the same time, fought a fiend in a swamp drenched in fog whilst trying to save a dozy dwarf. But not to mention actually finding her :o Was such a great moment, which leads straight into another one - the fight at Kaer Mohren. Was an absolute spectacle that was, was in shock the entire time. The game really likes to tore with your emotions - one moment I'm unbelievably happy and relieved, the next I'm sad at a certain characters passing. Then I had a snowball fight with Ciri which was so damn cute... :p Seriously, I thought that was gonna be "the final battle", but now I get to roam around with Ciri doing even more quests? (which some of them are absolutely amazing, like the one where you travel between world) Amazing :eek:.

If anyone has finished the game, how far off do you think I am finishing? I really don't wanna accidentally rush this.

I love that part, I also thought that was the final battle and felt sad for feeling I rushed it too. Dont worry theres another part of the main story which I think is the setup for the end but I'm not sure if that will end it either, I've got so many more things I want to do so I'm gonna stop where I am in the main quest and go do some other things.

Associate
This thread is riddled with toxic spoilers.

If someone wants to describe what they are doing in the game, it really needs to gon under a roll away 'Spoiler' window....

I am skipping through the posts like I am walking on fire but still ruin the game just that little bit more for me everytime I come here.....going to have to keep away from this thread.

idiots.

Back
Top Bottom