• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
Hey guys,

Have not yet installed the drivers. Reading a mix bag of reviews by people about amd 15.5 drivers. Anybody using a single gpu tested them out yet?

Soldato
Got to say this. Witcher 3 has some of the best quests I've ever experienced in an RPG and I'm only Lv10. The Bloody Baron questline is huge and so far quite engaging and the Towerful of Mice quest before that was incredible. The facial expressions of all these key characters just draws you in, makes LA Noire look positively tame.

Associate
So anyone tried out the new amd xfire drivers ? Been playing 4k on the tv @30fps but dipping below in some places as only 1 card right now. Hoping I can use a sweetFx profile and try and beast up the graphics and keep a constant 30fps now. I heard there is still flickering is AA is enabled can anyone report on how bad this is ?

Soldato
Found it in some random chest at one of the ? points in Velen.

If you guys have not gone south to the ?'s west of milfguard camp I suggest you do, pretty decent baddy in that area.

What lvl is allowed to wear it?

I think I've rushed ahead

I am trying to defeat the Woodland Spirit thingy at lvl 14

And thanks for the hint :D

Soldato
Don't think there's any real point to wearing medium or heavy armor on the higher difficulties tbh, one hit from any of the big monsters and you're dead anyway, might as well have the damage bonus you get from the light armor skill, plus cat armor has 20% increased damage as well.

My light attacks crit for quite abit over 1k, now if you'd specced into heavy attacks (I'm specced into light), you could probably be critting 1.5k+ easily.

Permabanned
Don't think there's any real point to wearing medium or heavy armor on the higher difficulties tbh, one hit from any of the big monsters and you're dead anyway, might as well have the damage bonus you get from the light armor skill, plus cat armor has 20% increased damage as well.

My light attacks crit for quite abit over 1k, now if you'd specced into heavy attacks (I'm specced into light), you could probably be critting 1.5k+ easily.

As I said, don't get hit. Wear what you like :D

Soldato
As I said, don't get hit. Wear what you like :D

Aye ;) but medium armor gives you a tiny boost to sign intensity and heavy armor gives you extra health, neither help too much in the grand scheme of things, game is quite melee dominant..

Found out last night you can't fight monsters/armed humans with your fists :( really wanted to do a monk playthrough or something down the line.

You can fight wolves/wild dogs with your fists though, was hitting 300+, might try and contact them to add an optional DLC that has an unarmed difficulty and why not a permadeath mode too. :cool:

Associate
I'm reluctant to play until the XP bug gets fixed. A bug was introduced with 1.04 where you may not receive XP for quests. They are aware of the problem though and are fixing it.

Anyone got an update on this? Does it only affect the xp you get from the main quest?

Permabanned
Aye ;) but medium armor gives you a tiny boost to sign intensity and heavy armor gives you extra health, neither help too much in the grand scheme of things, game is quite melee dominant..

Found out last night you can't fight monsters/armed humans with your fists :( really wanted to do a monk playthrough or something down the line.

You can fight wolves/wild dogs with your fists though, was hitting 300+, might try and contact them to add an optional DLC that has an unarmed difficulty and why not a permadeath mode too. :cool:

It kind of does, not the same as Witcher 2 which is real permadeath, but I think in W3 dark mode if you die 5 times you are dead for good. Unless they removed it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Brilliant intro with the sound turned up, wow :)

Visually stunning game. Crossfire seems to be holding up well now, everything maxed out at 1440p on a 295x2 and holding a good 50-60fps so far. Could use a little AA, but at least it is feeling very smooth.

I can certainly see what all the fuss is about :)

Soldato
Poor cows

4HCQYxe.jpg

You do that? :eek:

PS Sell honeycomb and water, buy goats milk and baked apples from brothels, combined they are like 2x swallow and the milk lasts 30 seconds, the apple 8. Apples are like 5g each and the milks like 7, crazy op, wonder why different food heals for different amounts, the expensive stuff is usually naff.

Back
Top Bottom