• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
If you havnt seen the witcher trailer you got to watch this ....
(didnt see it till now)

** Link removed due to swearing in the video **

killing monsters

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there a potion Geralt can take that combats the terrible camera? Getting sick of it!... Pirouette away from an attack, uh oh camera too close to a wall so zooms right in and all enemies basically get free hits as I can't see anything. And the flying enemies, again it reminds me of watchdogs. The camera doesn't look up enough to see half of them!

Associate
Yes the Camera / direction during combat is definitely jarring sometimes, controlling Roach can be difficult too, I found the default vertical look position it resets to during combat with a controller is also annoying (looks to low)... Still playing it like a rabid fisstech addict though...

Soldato
Is there a potion Geralt can take that combats the terrible camera? Getting sick of it!... Pirouette away from an attack, uh oh camera too close to a wall so zooms right in and all enemies basically get free hits as I can't see anything. And the flying enemies, again it reminds me of watchdogs. The camera doesn't look up enough to see half of them!

It can be annoying, but I tend to keep moving around, that way you get a better sighting of flying enemies.

Soldato
Theres flickering even with AA disabled. As noted in the driver notes.
I tried a few hours last night. Some areas it was fine, some would have flicker but it got too annoying on my eyes for me personally so had to turn crossfire off. Will wait for a proper working driver not a half assed one lol. On the Brightside I went from about 20fps to 40 so it made the game much more playable for me with all the ini tweaks I did but the flickering ruins it.

Associate
I have just had my first dose of the dreaded NPC pop-in from patch 1.04.

Does anyone know how to roll back the update back to 1.03?

Anyone tried simply installing 1.03 over 1.04?

Associate
Poor cows

Snip

:( leave the cows alone :p

Where are you here? looks a great spot.

Just arrived on Skellige, really nice looking area.

snip

I can't wait to go there. I wish this landscape formed the main area.

I bought the PC version today having only been playing on the PS4 up till now. I got fed up with the horrible frame rates on PS4 and thought I would take a risk on my PC (2500k @4.5 8GB RAM GTX670 2GB) running it better, which it does by a huge margin. Running High with Ultra water, with HW off I'm running (so far) at a 100% locked 30fps, with no drops in the rain or during combat which plauges the PS4 version. Unlocked I get 40 to 50fps but it stutters unless locked. I can't belive how much better it looks either, its really is a stunner at times.

Last edited:
Associate
Where the sod has the last 90 hours gone?! ...and I'm only level 20, the game-play is exactly what I wanted and the depth of the quests are amazing.

Although I just had to take a 30 minute break to contemplate my entire play through so far...

As I Just told Yennefer I didn't love her any more after she broke the magic bond between her and Geralt, I feel like a complete and utter ****!

Yen’s character is really, really well done, had I gone to Skellige before Novigrad Triss may have gotten on that boat... Which I'd have felt like a **** about too! :D

Also I am a little addicted to Gwent, got that spot on.

Soldato
Ffs this is utter rubbish. The 15.5 beta driver gives me worse performance in the game! I have tried with both CrossFire enabled and disabled and it runs really poorly now. And now for some reason, forcing the game full screen changes as soon as you apply the setting and then go into the video menu again. The slider just stays on Borderless window. Something's not right here...

Permabanned
Ffs this is utter rubbish. The 15.5 beta driver gives me worse performance in the game! I have tried with both CrossFire enabled and disabled and it runs really poorly now. And now for some reason, forcing the game full screen changes as soon as you apply the setting and then go into the video menu again. The slider just stays on Borderless window. Something's not right here...

I got sick and tired of AMD, I have had ATI/AMD all my life but they are getting worse and worse imo. First time ever I have gone with the green team, GTX SC 980 not regretting it so far.

Caporegime
Finding the game more and more irritating/boring or too easy as the game goes on.

Getting to Skellig I think is rated as lvl 16, the quest I got after getting there then decides it's lvl 13 I think. During a similar level quest I talk myself into a fistfight where in almost any other sensible game the enemy would be either levelled to the quest level recommendation OR the players actual level. Instead with a quest rated lvl 15 or so, with my lvl 19, it gave me a lvl 30 guy to fight.

The first 10-13 levels combat was often difficult and level scaling along the main story at least and certainly the opening area all felt right. But from level maybe 13 upwards I either run into level 25+ guys I can't hurt but can basically one shot me or guys that are painfully easy to take on in massive groups.

Yrden is massively, massively overpowered as is igni. I suspect considering the tier 4 igni power is to increase chance of burning by 20%(for the first point in it, another 20% for each further one?) that it isn't intended to have a 100% chance of burning without using that ability... but since level 10-12 somewhere I've had a 100% chance of knockdown/burning.

I presume this is because sign intensity increases are increasing the chance to burn/knockdown when maybe they shouldn't be. PRoblem being thanks to certain powers and armour it's disgustingly easy to get above 100% what is way way too early in the game. With 100%+ sign intensity alt yrden, either aard and igni have made the game stupidly stupidly easy.

First 10 levels or so I felt this game was brilliant, the level scaling entirely breaks down, the sign/damage/powers scaling is awful from there onwards and the crafting system is entirely pointless. Without the armour sets the rest of the crafting system would likely be okay but the armour sets make every other thing you can craft utterly pointless.

Gwent is great though, like it a lot, strategic in the right way though it's become a bit easy. I'd say there are too many spy and decoy cards available. I have had some hilarious games in which I had 2 spies, ai had two spies and we both had decoys so had a ridiculous round of just playing spies, stealing spies, playing them again. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom