The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Speaking of bugs, I have a quest bugged and unable to complete. Extremely miffed, as I beat a level 29 golem in it that took me 20 minutes of chipping way at its health, and I couldn't loot it either!

Lost again. You clearly have no idea what it is like to play a massive open world RPG. You can ramble on and on for 10 lines and it all boils down to total nonsense.

Can't tell if your daft or ignorant. Nothing I described has anything to do with being normal for other RPGs.

A level recommended to be done at lvl 16, you start it, have a sequence of events you can't skip or change the path from, couple conversations, bit of moving around, talk with one guy, start a fight, this guy is lvl 30. No other open world RPG does that ever.

You would have two situations, the opponents enemy is static and appropriate for the quest level, so call it lvl 15-18 enemy, or the enemy scales to within 2-3 levels of the player because said player may come and do this when they are level 25 and fighting a lvl 16 guy would be boring. You'd often get the later, some scaling in enemy level but with a base level appropriate for the level of the mission. That guy being level 30 is nuts by every standard of every RPG I've ever played(which is most of them).

This happens quite often, the rest of the things I mentioned are also not explained away by being normal in RPG's. Letting the game become absurdly easy with overpowered sets not very far into the game is bad design, not 'normal' for rpgs. Having a potentially complex crafting system with dozens of swords, thousands of components and having to find all these recipes.... then putting in 3-4 different armour sets that are very easily obtained that absolutely and utterly destroy the other dozens of weapons and pieces of armour is simply stupid. End game sets, sure, some sets that are okay for a while but drop off in power, sure.... but sets that make all other weapons/armour completely and utterly pointless... that is bad design and not normal for rpgs.

From level 1-10 I had picked up recipes for weapons i created that were sub lvl 10, but also weapons and armour that were level say 15, 27, 30 and at that stage I was in that can't wait to make them because they look awesome stage. As soon as I got the first witcher set... no interest in a lvl 30 word with 200 more damage when I have +5% sign intensity on the sword, +5-10% on the armour. Anything but armour with equal sign intensity bonus is worthless and nothing matches even the first witcher set let alone the upgraded versions.

99% of people who play will find and build a witcher armour set and once they have that set, upgrade it but never make another piece of armour or a weapon making almost every other recipe you pick up worthless. Again for 10 levels if I found a recipe I'd immediately check how good it was, what level I could make it. Post witcher set I get a recipe and I don't care one bit. THat is a completely broken mechanic.

Last edited:
^ i cant say ive witnessed crazy level hikes during any quests personally but that would suck. i have accepted a few that are way over my level to start with which was a bit frustrating as it fills the quest log and by the time i get to that level to do the quest i would have forgoteen the context etc.

Armour wise i just make whats better than what i am currently wearing and have been crafting new bits all the time, every few quests ill return to a smith and see if anything i have is better than what im wearing and it usually is, but i havent focused on sign intensity tbh

Still really enjoying it, focusing on main quest more now though as i havent seen big characters since right st the start of velen and i want to get back into the story

Letting the game become absurdly easy with overpowered sets not very far into the game is bad design, not 'normal' for rpgs. Having a potentially complex crafting system with dozens of swords, thousands of components and having to find all these recipes.... then putting in 3-4 different armour sets that are very easily obtained that absolutely and utterly destroy the other dozens of weapons and pieces of armour is simply stupid. End game sets, sure, some sets that are okay for a while but drop off in power, sure.... but sets that make all other weapons/armour completely and utterly pointless... that is bad design and not normal for rpgs.

From level 1-10 I had picked up recipes for weapons i created that were sub lvl 10, but also weapons and armour that were level say 15, 27, 30 and at that stage I was in that can't wait to make them because they look awesome stage. As soon as I got the first witcher set... no interest in a lvl 30 word with 200 more damage when I have +5% sign intensity on the sword, +5-10% on the armour. Anything but armour with equal sign intensity bonus is worthless and nothing matches even the first witcher set let alone the upgraded versions.

99% of people who play will find and build a witcher armour set and once they have that set, upgrade it but never make another piece of armour or a weapon making almost every other recipe you pick up worthless. Again for 10 levels if I found a recipe I'd immediately check how good it was, what level I could make it. Post witcher set I get a recipe and I don't care one bit. THat is a completely broken mechanic.

Unfortunately this is also the case for cat/feline gear. Fast attack sword build that relies on crit % and high crit damage %. Witcher gear is by far the best and once you've crafted the set you don't need to loot any gear. It makes looting (apart from for recipes) and crafting completely pointless.

It also makes the game far too easy. I can take down a boss, or mobs my level in less than 10 hits. Chain of high crits (not even in the back), and it's dead. I could kill them even faster if I replaced some crit chance % with more crit damage % and only attacked them in the back.

The game is awesome, best game I have played in years, but there are major balancing issues from level 10+ that need to be changed/modded. Even on Death March the game is far too easy.

I've played 67 hours and I am going to play it again when I finish, using a different build. I might even ignore Witcher gear for a more interesting and challenging play through.

Last edited:
Anyone else having sound issues? Sometimes when I'm in a fight my attacks don't make any sound? Not sure if it's just bad luck or a larger issue with my system, I had some rare sound bug in DA:I too rather annoying.

I have tried playing this game, but it keeps crashing all the time and I have to use task manager to end the task. :(

I had my settings on ultra and then dropped them to High but the game still crashes. I got the game from redeeming the code and installed GOG Galaxy. I have even used the .exe file from the game directory, but the same thing happens after about 10 mins of playing.

Are there some specific settings I need to use for an Nvidia graphics card? do I need to turn something off from inside the game options?

I have tried playing this game, but it keeps crashing all the time and I have to use task manager to end the task. :(

I had my settings on ultra and then dropped them to High but the game still crashes. I got the game from redeeming the code and installed GOG Galaxy. I have even used the .exe file from the game directory, but the same thing happens after about 10 mins of playing.

Are there some specific settings I need to use for an Nvidia graphics card? do I need to turn something off from inside the game options?

check that it is set to fullscreen and not borderless that has caused some people issues.

I've just met the twin sisters Edna and Rosa. I had impure thoughts.
I've heard similar comments about them :D Not got that far yet!

At Lv10 now and have to say - I hate Drowners! I can handle pretty much any mob easily enough but these guys really mess me up most of the time!

Other then the game constantly starting up in borderless mode I have to say it is robust on my end.

Last edited:

Are you using the Nvidia optimised settings?

What are your system specs?

I've out-levelled the main quests now:( They are all grey.

It doesn't help that the quest that sends you to Skellig has a recommended level of 16, then half of the quests it gives you are lower!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom