The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
If you have a SSD whack it on that, loading when I died took forever but as soon as I copied it to the SSD it now loads much much faster.

But that doesn't stop the annoying "Geralt travelled to this place, found so-and-so and then decided to help them out, hot on the trail of this and that whilst romantically involving himself with such and such" narrative that comes up every bloody time you load a game.

Soldato
But that doesn't stop the annoying "Geralt travelled to this place, found so-and-so and then decided to help them out, hot on the trail of this and that whilst romantically involving himself with such and such" narrative that comes up every bloody time you load a game.

You can skip that by pressing x (x box controller).

Soldato
I am considering getting this game, but am not really clear as to what is the best 'control system' to use?

Presumably it can't be played with just a mouse & keyboard, but is a 'standard' joystick OK, or does it really require a game-pad of some sort?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but it is quite a while since I last played this type of game, and this one does sound rather good!

Edit: Another apology if this question has been discussed already,but 140 pages are rather too many for me to check individually!

Last edited:
Soldato
You mean you don't want to hear the worst voice actor of all time, seemingly intentionally putting on a boring voice, telling you things you have just done?

Done some nice exploring just how. I realised I hadn't really found many places of power in Velen, so I went to a few places I thought there might be one and there were!... Also gonna try and get the superior cat armour. Unfortunately I thought, I can't pick up a quest to find it, so I think I'll have to find a guide.
Also, unfortunately I completed a quest earlier in the game that has made something I would quite like to happen not possible:(

Also, totally destroyed some monsters that we giving me problems earlier!:D

Soldato
I am considering getting this game, but am not really clear as to what is the best 'control system' to use?

Presumably it can't be played with just a mouse & keyboard, but is a 'standard' joystick OK, or does it really require a game-pad of some sort?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but it is quite a while since I last played this type of game, and this one does sound rather good!

Edit: Another apology if this question has been discussed already,but 140 pages are rather too many for me to check individually!

The game works perfectly using keyboard and mouse. The first two were perfect on that as well. The alternative would be a gamepad, but I definitely wouldn't try playing it on a joystick.

Associate
performance update after patch 1.04.

My fps have seem to go slightly up. Still ultra, except foliage at high/ hairworks off and i am getting 50 in town settings with people around, it does drop to mid 40s when too many on but it never goes below 40 for most part, especially after amd cat 15.5.

Soldato
Nope, doesn't ever work for me. I've even facerolled the entire keyboard, I still get that exceedingly unenthusiastic reading every single time I load into the game!

I'm sure it just does this whilst it's loading. Once the game has loaded he carries on talking but you can skip it.

I'm on SSD so it's a couple of seconds then I can skip.

Permabanned

No sadly not but it does load when you die quicker and you don't get the voice when you die and load last save that way.

Made it unplayable for me!

:( yeah was not good for me either.

Soldato
Happens every time I quick save or take a screenshot and then go back to the controller :(

Bind the guide button to quick save, as suggested in an earlier post :)

On the plus side, locking the fps to 60 has massively smoothed things out. Still some AMD crossfire flickering, but other than that it is running fantastically.

Lucky you, my two 7950's in CrossFire were flickering majorly. The inventory dances around like crazy if you go in and try to apply oil to your sword. That makes all the equipment flicker. Also, the single card performance in the 15.5 beta driver is awful. I've reverted back to the 15.4 driver for now. I don't have huge amounts of time to play the game so the less time I spend messing around with drivers and tweaking, the more I get to play.

Soldato
I played the last few hours without using Roach at all. Really enjoyed it. However, I needed to get somewhere so I summoned him. Whilst going through a forest, I came across a Leshen. I dodged, only for Roach, who for some reason is running round in circles to push me right back in to its attack. There's half an hour gone!... Thanks Roach, you're a real asset to the team.

That ****ing horse!

Dammit. I've got to find that place of power again now.

Last edited:
Soldato
I played the last few hours without using Roach at all. Really enjoyed it. However, I needed to get somewhere so I summoned him. Whilst going through a forest, I came across a Leshen. I dodged, only for Roach, who for some reason is running round in circles to push me right back in to its attack. There's half an hour gone!... Thanks Roach, you're a real asset to the team.

That ****ing horse!

Dammit. I've got to find that place of power again now.

I think I know exactly where you are. I had to do that part a few times.

You've also got a temple close by with loot!

Soldato
I played the last few hours without using Roach at all. Really enjoyed it.

tbh I rarely use Roach as I always seem to be starting and stopping as soon as I see an enemy or something, only use it for speedy long journies (never been a fan of fast travel etc as it takes away the experience and exploration possibilities).

Back
Top Bottom