The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Has anyone came across a bug with The Nilfgaardian Connection quest?

You go to the Inn to find Hendrik and some of the Barons men arrive and you can either fight them or keep your distance. As the quest progresses you find a key on Hendrik's body and then you find a ladder to a basement. At this point checking your journal shows a failed entry for not defeating the barons men, although that entry does not show initially. Choosing to kill them or not seems to make no difference, the failed entry always seems to be added regardless.

Soldato
My first real foray into this genre of gaming being a FPS man but I must admit I am enjoying the game. It helps that it runs so well as I am tired of games having so many bugs that it is necessary to trawl the interwebnet to find solutions.

I have yet to master combat, alchemy ETC ETC but I suspect that I will get there in the end and the next playthrough will be more fluid.

Soldato
I'll just have to put up with the load times but hey, ho the game is fun.

One extra thing I would like would be a companion app so I can read the entries for monsters etc at my leisure and not in my precious gaming time.

I am amazed at how well this plays on my elderly PC, my CPU is the stated minimum and my graphics, whilst being much newer is still a 'budget' model. I even have hairworks turned on (AMD workaround with 16x tessellation).

Associate
any tips on dealing with a lot of foes ? in trying to draw them out one at a time, but they swarm me and a few hits and im dead

Get some better gear, upgrad your abilities & bombs, and level up a bit. Combat is pretty brutal earlier on, so learn to use dodging and rolling to move away from a large group and quickly attack them from their flanks, then immediately dodge away again when they react, using your pin wheel in the heat of battle you can then throw in an igni / aard when you have some distance, neck potions / food you have sparingly to recover lost HP.

As you level up you'll encounter some very tough fights where you'll have to stack these tactics on top of combo attacks, and multiple potions used at different stage of the fight. My favourite combo is dragon's dream & igni, but it can be dangerous to pull off. Potion's like swallow drank during mid combat can be a real life-saver too.

Don't bother trying to counter / parry unless it's a human with a single handed weapon or a brawl, not worth the risk IMO, but if you kill someone with a counter attack you get a cool finishing move!!

Last edited:
Soldato
two videos done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwWUg6WT2h8 352.86

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7ObudIXFLI 353.06

10% increase in framerate. poor increase.

You're running Ultra with a 780 and you hit 60 fps most of the time. What's the problem? Plus 10% ain't bad

anyone know where to go during the cart quest, its very early on, cart seems attacked by arrows, and a guy got an arrow in the neck, I always get attacked by a lot of monsters and die

Look for red items with the Witcher senses. There is a small chest that you're looking for. It's about 5m north of the cart. Look harder :)

Permabanned
man i dont think i have it cut out for games anymore. Im either frustratingly bad and my reflexes have diminished at 26, or this game is difficult.

i dont mind difficult games, and i think i must have been incredibly unlucky two have faught 4 tough creatures and each time dying with one hit left to kill them. my mind frame is id rather die at the start or in the middle of the battle as opposed to multiple deaths with one hit left. i have wasted hours probably around 3 hours) repeating bosses / creatures because i didnt hit them one more time.

anyway.... ive just ended up smashing a controller out of shear frustration -_-
i need to sort out my anger issues and just avoid these types of games now

Soldato
Fighting an earth elemental with a skull on its head at Lv12. Doing sort of well and then quite literally a Wyvern from out of no where decides to do a kamikaze dive at me before flying off. I was left in rage as it took me flippin ages to get to the Southern most part of the map!

Soldato
I forgot that when you upgrade an armour it replaces the current one. Got a shiny new set of Feline armour, but have to wait 3 levels before I can use it!

Last edited:
Soldato
I am considering getting this game, but am not really clear as to what is the best 'control system' to use?

Presumably it can't be played with just a mouse & keyboard, but is a 'standard' joystick OK, or does it really require a game-pad of some sort?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but it is quite a while since I last played this type of game, and this one does sound rather good!

Edit: Another apology if this question has been discussed already,but 140 pages are rather too many for me to check individually!

You can play with just m+k.

Soldato
Haha loved the Pulp Fiction reference by the two guards in the Baron's place'

"Bring out the Gimp"

"The Gimp's sleepin"

"Well then you'll just have to wake him up, won't ya"

:D

Soldato
Just had a very strange thing happen I have skellig. At first I thought it would be a quest or something but now I'm not so sure...
as I was sailing in the middle of the ocean at night, a green/blue ship appeared to rise out of the sea. I though cool, a ghost ship. But as I got closer, I saw that it was just a kind of frame that looked like an unfinished model,and then it disappeared. No idea if it is intended or just something weird?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom