The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Caporegime
Got put back. CDPR were going to do a Monday hotfix for the XP problem, but they decided to roll it into patch 1.50 which is due Tuesday or Wednesday.

Someone earlier said they had patch 1.04 though?

performance update after patch 1.04.

My fps have seem to go slightly up. Still ultra, except foliage at high/ hairworks off and i am getting 50 in town settings with people around, it does drop to mid 40s when too many on but it never goes below 40 for most part, especially after amd cat 15.5.

:confused:

Soldato
Started up a second playthrough now as I finished it yesterday and this time I've gone up to Death March and I have to say, I regret going through the first time on only Blood&Bones as so far the entire thing has been a cakewalk. Devil of the Well, the Griffin, packs of drowners, bears, all just seem so trivial after a full playthrough. Think I might stick to the default starter swords and armor, that could make for a good challenge!

Soldato
Wow, this game is absolutely awesome. Not my usual type of game but I really enjoy this. Quite disappointed the settings it auto set, but still looks gorgeous so I'm not going to touch them.

Going to play all day tomorrow :D

I'm guessing/hoping that the update will be release along side the new batch of free DLC (pretty sure it's every Tuesday.) Would really like the new update as I'm having the annoying problem of the camera stuttering when moving the controller, and those early patch notes seem to suggest better camera movement, so heres hoping!

I've decided to restart as I kinda bum rushed through the main quest line last time I played (...on a pirated copy :o but I've bought the full base game + expansion pack from GoG now :cool:). Taking things much more slowly this time around. Still in White Orchard and making sure that I've hoovering up as much useful look as possible.
I found that crystallised raven's skull which can be seen during the opening cinematic, says it's a quest item, when will I ever need this?
Finding all the places of power etc., and stumbled across that graveyard which has the diagrams for the Witcher Viper school gear, pretty good early-on kit. None of the wraiths dropped the emerald dust that I needed so I needed to slay some cows for their hide to be able to buy some from the merchant :o.

Open world really suits a witcher game. At first I was worried that they just did it to compete with other open-word RPG titles (Skyrim, Dragon Age, etc.), but you actually feel like a witcher this time round, riding from town to town looking for the next contract or monster to slay.

Last edited:
Soldato
I like the Witcher series but I have to admit at this point in time I'm feeling a little deflated, I was under the impression that you get to explore the whole map??? but so far it seems I only get to visit certain parts of the map like DAI, Also the controls dont feel right, I mean I love my horse but I don't see why I have to dance around it looking at it from all angles spamming 'A' untill I get to finally jump on it to ride it or If I want to pick something up from a corpse.

But I am coming from just completing Shaddow or Mordor and the control was extremely tight on that game.

I think I may have over hype the game personally.

Soldato
Just hit my first real snag. Doing the Kings Gambit mission on Skellige. No problem until I find the evidence required to progress. Cery says, we have to go see the Jarl chiefs, game starts to load up and that is it. Stuck on the loading screen. Tried going back to a previous save, but as soon as I reach the same point, I get stuck again.
Anyone else had this?

Soldato
Geralt you clown. Whilst exploring (waiting on xp patch) I came across a village about to be jumped by a werewolf and some bandits. The ensuing fight means Geralt keeps switching swords repeatedly depending on who I am engaging causing him to pause for 2 seconds as he switches. I can't focus on the bandits as the werewolf keeps hopping in to slap me about the face. I keep failing this so I've quit for the day.

Edit: No patch today :( https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/605697872194084865

Last edited:
Associate
Geralt you clown. Whilst exploring (waiting on xp patch) I came across a village about to be jumped by a werewolf and some bandits. The ensuing fight means Geralt keeps switching swords repeatedly depending on who I am engaging causing him to pause for 2 seconds as he switches. I can't focus on the bandits as the werewolf keeps hopping in to slap me about the face. I keep failing this so I've quit for the day.

Edit: No patch today :( https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/605697872194084865

lock the target you want to hit?

Permabanned
The game does not normally auto switch swords between targets anyway, is this maybe a feature of playing on a easier mode? If I have to fight monsters and bandits I have to choose which sword to use or it keeps the same one out.

Soldato
This might seem a daft question but i've seen it mentioned in the thread that you can remap quick save to the guide button on the 360 pad. How do you do it? I can't find it tin the options to rebind. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom