The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Caporegime
The latest drivers seem to have got me out of a sticky spot...

I've been using the 347.88 drivers on a below spec graphics card (560ti 1GB) on a decent system otherwise without too many problems throughout the game, but my luck's run out at Kaer Morhen. It seems all the added effects and the amount of things going on in general took me over the line finally. I've just put on the latest drivers (353.06) and it's allowing me to play a minute at a time before crashing to desktop, which is at least means I can progress...fingers crossed.

Soldato
That is pretty bad tbh, one 980 SC can max all settings apart from shadows and foliage which are set to high at 60-70fps. Defo not ready for two cards it seems. Then again that is at 1920x1080 so you are at a higher res but that is mainly more vram isnt it?

tested it for you

980s ultra no HW
1080p 120fps
1440p 80fps

Associate
Okay, turns out it wasn't the drivers after all. Had three crashes since rolling them back in fairly quick succession.

Having had no previous issues whatsoever, and ruling out the drivers I am out of ideas.

Soldato
Okay, turns out it wasn't the drivers after all. Had three crashes since rolling them back in fairly quick succession.

Having had no previous issues whatsoever, and ruling out the drivers I am out of ideas.

Most likely part of the new DLC update. Scroll up and look to see if those 2 new .dll files in are your bin/x64 folder.

Soldato
hmmmm Just started the game and sweet fx didn't load up... so I loaded up the sweet fx files again and it crashes as soon as the game starts. I can see others are having this same issue....has anyone found a fix? Not sure if I can play without sweet fx as I hate the original look.

EDIT. Nevermind I fixed it.

Last edited:
Soldato
hmmmm Just started the game and sweet fx didn't load up... so I loaded up the sweet fx files again and it crashes as soon as the game starts. I can see others are having this same issue....has anyone found a fix? Not sure if I can play without sweet fx as I hate the original look.

The latest DLC patch added these two files in the bin/x64 folder
dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll

Remove those, and insert the SweetFX ones again.

Associate
Just started playing and every 30 secs or so I'm getting video pauses (music/voices keep playing), then it will be fine again for another 30 secs. Any suggestions?

Intel G3258, 280x, 8gb ram.

Soldato
Finally finished it, took 107 hours in the end, did all the side stuff and explored everything. I'm glad they are still going to make more witcher games though as the world and lore are so interesting. Will definitely play this game again, although I think next year and I'll do Witcher 1, 2 and 3 in a row. Definitely one of the best RPG's in recent memory but the bugs and kinks, coupled with the poor performance from keplar Nvidia cards just left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth sometimes. Great game though, really loved it.

Last edited:
Soldato
What is the "alternative look for Yennefer" DLC? I assume it makes her look different in some way, but can't find much on it.

Also the armor sets, do they need to be found? As a quest or recipe?

Soldato
Finally finished it, took 107 hours in the end, did all the side stuff and explored everything. I'm glad they are still going to make more witcher games though as the world and lore are so interesting. Will definitely play this game again, although I think next year and I'll do Witcher 1, 2 and 3 in a row. Definitely one of the best RPG's in recent memory but the bugs and kinks, coupled with the poor performance from keplar Nvidia cards just left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth sometimes. Great game though, really loved it.

More witcher game? This ones the last one. Other than the DLC.

Soldato
More witcher game? This ones the last one. Other than the DLC.

For Geralt, yeah, his story ends with the trilogy. They said ages ago the franchise won't end with this game, and then there was that leaked document last year that had plans for a 4th. The IP is too big to just scrap, it'll just get put on the back burner until they do other stuff like Cyberpunk 2077.

Soldato
For Geralt, yeah, his story ends with the trilogy. They said ages ago the franchise won't end with this game, and then there was that leaked document last year that had plans for a 4th. The IP is too big to just scrap, it'll just get put on the back burner until they do other stuff like Cyberpunk 2077.

Sweet! More witcher sounds good.

Soldato

Sweet! More witcher sounds good.

We'll all be Lambert in the next ones. PLoughing and killing across Kovir and Zerrikania

Back
Top Bottom