The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

He sounds like a whiny 13 year old. His voice acting was atrocious!

The voice acting is very inconsistent in this. It's weird because most of the worst ones are kind of main characters(Ciri, Lambert, Yen, Geralt himself), but the secondary characters and bit parts are all much better(most of Skellig characters, the Baron, Diejkstra)

Last edited:
There was a part with Lambert (spoiler for the end of act 2)

during the Battle of Kaer Morhen where he said something and it felt really jarring and I had to wonder whether the guy knew the context of what was happening tbh. Kind of like he was just reading whatever was in front of him. It reminds me of Anchorman... I'm Ron Burgundy?

This really is a masterpiece. I mean I have actually been playing more of Gwent than the actual game tonight. Gwent is probably the best "in game game" I have ever played.

So many amusing things lined through the world. Anyone noticed how many cucumbers and bananas the Marquis Serenity has in her inventory? :p :D

Lambert is a wicked character, main protagonist quality? Maybe. And none of the voice acting in this game is bad, Geralt sounds fantastic! Dykstra had the best voice acting though, made me crack up!

Shame I had to kill him, but no way was I about to let him kill Thaler and James Roche, erm I mean Vernon Bond, no wait it's... Double 0 Roche right?

w.e I give up.

Last edited:
Level scaling so so so off in this game. Signs are ridiculously over powered, there was zero difficulty in this game pretty much from being able to grab +40% sign intensity through the ability system and it only got worse from then on.

Yrden/igni/aard's stagger/burning/knockback effect should never hit 100% chance, but all did basically, Yrden's slow on the normal version also became ludicrous, something like 85% by the end, anyone in it was powerless to defend/attack basically. In most rpg/mmo alt yrden would be treated as pet/totem, something and would be destroyable(and far far less powerful), here it's the most overpowered thing in the game. Drop it and stand there waiting for everything to drop. Doesn't help that the AI is awful throughout the game.

I spent 10-12 levels feeling this might be the best game I ever played but the next god knows how many hours and 20 or so levels feeling most quests were a grind, combat boring and witcher contracts terrible. Not a single epic battle with a monster throughout the game frankly. Witcher contract, go here, see red stuff, go to monster, drop yrden, get paid... nothing to spend money on.... oh.

If you completely took out all the witcher armour/sword sets... the entire crafting system suddenly makes sense. I mean I had a diagram for a lvl 47 sword. I completed the game at lvl 34 and did every quest and a huge number of the question marks yet I had multiple level 35+ diagrams for stuff I could never use and also wasn't as good as my WAY lower lvl witcher gear.

None of the crafting system makes sense unless there was no witcher sets(maybe an end game one or hugely less overpowered ones). When you got witcher gear which had a flat boost to all signs that destroyed anything any other crafted armour could make, the entire crafting system becomes obsolete bar the witcher sets around lvl what 12.

The killer for a great rpg, is where the main character scales up in power too early too quickly and the game becomes pointlessly easy. This is another game in which this happened.

There is the basis for a fundamentally brilliant game in there with a fantastic world for it to be played in. The first 10 levels are brilliant, if the rest of the game scaled and felt the same it would have been a brilliant game, several things very clearly went wrong at some point in development. It feels very much like this game at some stage(probably quite late in development) was designed to scale to around lvl 50, with a fairly deep crafting system, with loads of new swords to try. Something happened IMHO(lack of money, time, something) and they scaled certain things back which basically broke crafting, level scaling, combat.

I never feel over powered. Probably because I play on Death March. Even at level 32 currently, and few level 18 bandits can kill me in 2-3 well places hits. Especially those buggers with spears and long axes.

A monster of the same level will 2 shot me, even with upgraded Quen.

I loved taking on monsters that were easily 7 levels above me on Death march. It truly felt like a real monster battle. 1 shot takes 50%+ HP off even with Quen, and the next would kill me.
Some fights easily lasted over 5 minutes. It was glorious.
5voXC33.png

I feel it plays just how it should. Preparation is key, and knowledge of the bestiary even more so.

I've only just gotten back from Kaer Morhen and still have plenty to do.
My only issue is I have too much gold. Well over 20k, constantly, no matter how many greater runes and fancy things I buy.

It's getting to the point most merchants are skint, and I just need to drop all the goodies I find.

I've also found several weapon blueprints that are of better quality than my Mastercrafted Witcher weapons. I can only assume we'll get to use them once the DLC and Expansion hits.

Don't know if there's been a patch but CTD twice tonight. Weird, it's never ever happened to me since starting the game. On release it used to froze when I had menus open but never crashing like this.

Sometime you wish they would just stop 'fixing things'

To be fair to drunkenmaster you guys are being overly harsh on his criticisms. Although I too would be interested in what difficulty he is playing on.

I don't think any of us can argue that the leveling and the crafting system is pretty much broken. They have made the Witcher sets too easy to find and use and makes all other weapons armor completely obsolete.

Part of me feels like rushing through some of the main game and then playing again if they release a dark mode :)

latest mini patch in line with new dlc added dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll, overwriting the ones used with sweetfx/reshade, making sweetfx/reshade profile not work. By putting the files back in overwriting the files cdpr added, sweetfx now works again but will this cause any issues? These files seem to be used in a number of games but not clear exactly what they do!

latest mini patch in line with new dlc added dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll, overwriting the ones used with sweetfx/reshade, making sweetfx/reshade profile not work. By putting the files back in overwriting the files cdpr added, sweetfx now works again but will this cause any issues? These files seem to be used in a number of games but not clear exactly what they do!

Well your over writing important game files. The effects are unknown.

Well your over writing important game files. The effects are unknown.

You're not overwriting any important game files. Those files were never there until this new DLC. SweetFX added completely new files to the Witcher folder. People are annoyed that those files have suddenly appeared with the DLC and don't seem to actually work correctly. I've disabled the new DLC until they issue a fix for what is clearly a problem.

Back
Top Bottom