The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Started the game again since I didn't backup my 50 hour play through. But don't mind at all game runs flawlessly smooth since it's been patched, plus I got the expansion's aswell. Gorgeous game and I can't wait to sink my limited gaming time into it.

The game seriously needs a patch. Locking on isn't working either.

hmm lock on seems fine on my end and I didn't have any issues with the race targets either, worked fine first time for me.
Any mods installed, or have you tried verifying files?.

I am experiencing an issue with the enemy scaling feature though. Sometimes I'll run into groups of level 1 monsters/bandits, as if the enemy scaling hasn't been initialized correctly.

hmm lock on seems fine on my end and I didn't have any issues with the race targets either, worked fine first time for me.
Any mods installed, or have you tried verifying files?.

No mods apart from textures and no fall damage. On the Steam forums there are loads of people with the problem. Most seem to think it is to do with the quest where you enter the tourney, but you know what steam forums are like nobody actually knows!... To be clear, locking on works but the camera doesn't follow around so it is even more clunky than usual.

Ah, yeah the camera definitely turns for me.

I'm sure they are aware of these issues already, could be weeks before a patch arrives though.

I don't use any mods (just SweetFX) so not that familiar with them, but I would be tempted to try without that fall damage mod just incase it is that... seems unlikely that there would be something in that script effecting the camera though.

automatic camera centering in options?

Nah that is not it I'm afraid...I wasn't a fan of the combat anyway, but now it is a nightmare!

On an unrelated note, if I hadn't loaded a previous game where I had the mastercrafted wolven set and the two best swords I could get, I would be loving some of the new armours! I have found a few with better protection and decent stats, but you don't have access to the offeri(?) runesmith from Hearts of Stone so I can't add the awesome abilities, so nothing is gonna compare to it tbh.

Also, the mod that removes level restrictions on items has been updated to work with B+W.

Last edited:
Not touching this until I get my new 21.9 monitor. Going to love this in glorious 1440p and SS_89's SweetFX mod.

Hopefully we'll get a patch within the next few days to iron out some issues.

Nah that is not it I'm afraid...I wasn't a fan of the combat anyway, but now it is a nightmare!

On an unrelated note, if I hadn't loaded a previous game where I had the mastercrafted wolven set and the two best swords I could get, I would be loving some of the new armours! I have found a few with better protection and decent stats, but you don't have access to the offeri(?) runesmith from Hearts of Stone so I can't add the awesome abilities, so nothing is gonna compare to it tbh.

Also, the mod that removes level restrictions on items has been updated to work with B+W.

Yeah these new Armours are lovely. finished the hunt for all the grandmaster gear. as first stop of order in the expansion. Bear Grandmaster looks so boss :cool: Get the offeri guy to do his enchantments and the mutagen quest and = Godlike more then before.

I can't hit the targets during the horse race bit. I hit then and nothing happens.

And 4 times now I have tried the horse race... Roach will run off course, sometimes just stop, shooting the targets has no effect:rolleyes:

I had a *similar* issue to you. I could shoot the crossbow targets but couldn't hit the dummy's with my sword.

I had a few goes and it turns out you have to be really accurate with the dummys to get them. The timing has to be perfect.

Once you know this you can do it. Just ride up to the dummys and go really slowly (or even stop next to them) to hit them. Hit the crossbow targets as normal (again you can stop if you need to to aim easier).

As long as you finish the race with time left and hit all the targets you will win. Even if you stop for every target to hit it. You don't need to be quick at all.

You don't have to win either. The story continues as normal you just don't get a GOG achievement. I presume Guillame doesn't pay you either but not sure.

I actually missed one, maybe two of the crossbow targets but still came first in the tourney, got the prize and the flawless victory achievement.

When swinging for the dummies, holding the attack triggers slow motion until you release, which helped a lot I think.

I never actually got the Runewright to master level, will need to go back and do that (needs 15k). I did have Deflection on armour at one point, but am just using regular rune slots currently (+30% bleed chance on silver, +15% atk power on steel, +30% Quen on armor).

The mutagen skills certainly are quite powerful indeed! (at least the one I'm using is:eek:).

I finished my grandmaster set, looks good!...

...and the hood animates nicely in the wind (at least while in conversions)
MbIAarN.png

Anyone else having issues on 361.43? I'm using 8.1 and ever since the new patch I'll get regular and seemingly random crashes to desktop for things like accessing inventory, switching items and accessing the shop/ merchants UI.

Any other uses of 8.1 want to recommend a stable driver for W3 post 1.21? using an 780ti

Do you guys realise that if you hold attack on horseback as you're approaching the dummy/target, time slows down?

Not sure if that's just on normal difficulty.

Last edited:
Guys, i not started witcher 3 yet, if i add The Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone dlc to game, will that spoil anything in the vanilla game, or can i add the dlc now, is it a dlc that has to be started or is it mixed into the main game, and that goes for the new dlc also, cheers

I had the vanilla game recently, bought the expansion pass. It just adds the quests. Just mark them as inactive/choose another, nothing is forced upon you. As soon as I installed the updates I just carried on as I normally would and am saving them for later :)

Guys, i not started witcher 3 yet, if i add The Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone dlc to game, will that spoil anything in the vanilla game, or can i add the dlc now, is it a dlc that has to be started or is it mixed into the main game, and that goes for the new dlc also, cheers

Nope, nothing is spoiled. Generally speaking the HoS content is pretty high level stuff so you would not really do the missions early on or visit that part of the map early on due to fairly high level enemies.

The content is now pretty clearly highlighted as belonging to HoS or Blood and wine so fairly easy to avoid those missions.

Back
Top Bottom