The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Anyone else having issues on 361.43? I'm using 8.1 and ever since the new patch I'll get regular and seemingly random crashes to desktop for things like accessing inventory, switching items and accessing the shop/ merchants UI.

Any other uses of 8.1 want to recommend a stable driver for W3 post 1.21? using an 780ti

Why are you still on Win 8.1? If it was my PC, it would be running Win 10 and the latest Nvidia drivers.

Well they have done it again! This Blood and Wine DLC is just excellant. Barely scratched the surface and already had some great little side quests.

Going have to go back to a previous save for the Tourney though :( Messed up on the race course, hitting the targets. Damn that is harder than it needs to be. It also bugged out and didn't let me fight the champion even though I won on the fighting grounds :|

So yea apart from some small niggles, the story telling so god damn good.

I'm 34 and I've only just started Heart of Stone. Before that I did all of the main story line and the odd one or two side quest.

I've done the main story, all witcher contracts, about a hundred sidequests and quite a lot of question marks in Velen and finished at level 35 (took me a year since I couldn't bring myself to play the game that much:p). HoS has brought me up to 39 and I'm now level 40 after finishing the first quest in Blood and Wine.

EDIT: BTW, the story in HoS blows the main quest's draggy borefest out of the water, even though it was clearly inspired by "Pan Twardowski" and, even disregarding the plot, it only takes one glance at Olgierd to spot the visual similarities:p

IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED HoS YET, DON'T CLICK THE LINK!
The DLC's plot has been practically ripped from the legend/poems and the devs have simply fleshed it out a bit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Twardowski

Last edited:
50-55? He'll be lucky to hit 36 without the expansions.

What?! I was 35 before I even started Hearts of Stone. The levelling in this game is horrible. I'm playing Blood and Wine now and almost every quest is greyed out because I'm way past the level requirement for it, is there a mod that changes this? I'm playing on hard atm but I'll be putting it up to death march when I've put my kid to sleep.

What?! I was 35 before I even started Hearts of Stone. The levelling in this game is horrible. I'm playing Blood and Wine now and almost every quest is greyed out because I'm way past the level requirement for it, is there a mod that changes this? I'm playing on hard atm but I'll be putting it up to death march when I've put my kid to sleep.

You were around level 35 without the expansions, which is exactly what I've said. Read my post again:p

Radox was talking about hitting 50-55, which is just not possible without finishing both expansions and even then might be a bit of a stretch unless Blood and Wine offers 15 levels worth of xp.

You were around level 35 without the expansions, which is exactly what I've said. Read my post again:p

Radox was talking about hitting 50-55, which is just not possible without finishing both expansions and even then might be a bit of a stretch unless Blood and Wine offers 15 levels worth of xp.

Really? I am at level 44 now nearly 45 and only started B&W. Got mastercrafted Diagrams and finished Gwent stuff, no misisons as of yet, I see 50 being perfectly achievable.

Oh and the Mutagen mission, hit that first along with grandmaster gear.

EDIT: I was talking about 50-55 with expansions. digitalx mentioned level 100 which was raised with Blood and Wine. Prior to that cap was 70.

Last edited:
What?! I was 35 before I even started Hearts of Stone. The levelling in this game is horrible. I'm playing Blood and Wine now and almost every quest is greyed out because I'm way past the level requirement for it, is there a mod that changes this?

Not that I'm aware of, but there is one that removes level restrictions on weapons and armour, which at least goes some way towards fixing the levelling(now there is a reason to do quests above your level, you can actually use the rewards!)

Odd, I'm level 30, got a lot to do and have just started the 3rd act.

I imagine by the time I clear all the ?'s (only got Skellige to go now), finish off all the contracts and side quests before completing the main story. I reckon 35 easily.

You could use this mod, you have certain levels you you can pick as to what experience you want to gain, which I think is the closest to not having greyed out quests.

Always Full Exp (1.21) by Tommy1984
Always Full Exp
===============
get always 100% exp for quests

Always Difficulty Exp
=====================
takes difficulty setting into account (100% exp on Easy/Normal, 90% exp on Hard, 80% exp on Deathmarch)

Always Mixed Exp
================
gives 100% exp for quests, only grey quests give 50%

Always DLC Exp
==============
uses a slightly altered version of the exp system for DLC quests for all quests - gives more exp for quests above your level and less exp for quests below your level (max: 150% exp, min: 50% exp)

Always Neovalen Exp
==================
takes difficulty setting into account, halves exp for grey quests, credits to Neovalen

You can only use one of the variants! All Mods are for Witcher 3 Patch 1.21.

Thing about this dlc is... It isn't really an expansion is it? It is more like a sequel. So my question is, when is the first dlc out for it?

Also, I'm doing some of the mastercrafted gear quests and they are a bit of a chore tbh... Travel across the map to pick up a clue, then all the way back over to where you originally were to pick up another one, then all the way back again(Thai is the manticore one BTW)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom