The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

The entire sequence at the bank (I was crying with laughter) absolutely brilliant.

I think it's based on a scene from an Asterix novel. I can't remember which one, I've probably thrown them all away.

Just did a quick google search and it's based on "The twelve tasks of Asterix" where he has to find permit A38 in "the place that sends you mad". I read the book which was adapted from the film version.

Last edited:
The amount of work that has gone into this expansion is insane, such good value!. I'm not sure why exactly but I feel more motivated to fully explore the Toussaint region than I did Velen or Skellige, perhaps because of it's smaller size but each new landmark or 'place' feels very individual and established.

Also, I'm doing some of the mastercrafted gear quests and they are a bit of a chore tbh... Travel across the map to pick up a clue, then all the way back over to where you originally were to pick up another one, then all the way back again(Thai is the manticore one BTW)

Yeah I just did that quest recently... thank god for fast travel :). None of the grandmaster feline or wolf quests were like that iirc.

The amount of work that has gone into this expansion is insane, such good value!. I'm not sure why exactly but I feel more motivated to fully explore the Toussaint region than I did Velen or Skellige, perhaps because of it's smaller size but each new landmark or 'place' feels very individual and established.

I think the area feels more complete than the ones from the base game tbh, except maybe Skellige. Velen and Novigrad are good, but too many interchangeable villages with nothing of interest in them. Toussant has much more character.

It follows the common theme of dlc nowadays(when done properly). Developers Learn from the base game and produce the best content when it comes to the dlc.

Just finished B&W (main story) and I'm actually gutted....when it comes to story telling and just overall quality and polish...nothing comes close for me....one of the best games of all time....and that, even with the horrendously clunky movement and combat....10/10

Full price is worth it for either of the DLC's. So yeah, that price is worth it. :p

I wasn't planning on getting the season pass but it was on sale for £7 in Amazon's flash deals :confused:

Couldn't pass it up!

At least it's got me playing more Witcher 3, but I've not played as much as I should have :mad:

Toussaint is absolutely beautiful, easily the best map in the game. Everything in the main game got really stale for me quite a long time ago so it's nice to have an environment that's actually fun to explore (hated Skellige with a passion), especially that the story is already better than the uninspired crap they served in the main game (same with HoS).

Wish it was a bit bigger, though:p

Toussaint is absolutely beautiful, easily the best map in the game. Everything in the main game got really stale for me quite a long time ago so it's nice to have an environment that's actually fun to explore (hated Skellige with a passion), especially that the story is already better than the uninspired crap they served in the main game (same with HoS).

Wish it was a bit bigger, though:p

Yeah this map is amazing. Think they have taken cue's and their experience and crafted something great. I do also think the smaller nature of the area adds to it, much better then the main large maps which just had a lot more filler area's and question marks.

Yeah this map is amazing. Think they have taken cue's and their experience and crafted something great. I do also think the smaller nature of the area adds to it, much better then the main large maps which just had a lot more filler area's and question marks.

Yeah, I totally agree. It actually feels special due to its size, just like every area in Witcher 2. It's just that the previous maps were pointlessly big, too empty and not really that fun to roam around (though I really liked Velen) but this one is so beautiful and charming that I wish it was bigger:D

Damn. Just realised I haven't got the mastercrafted Cat Gear. Weird how you need the mastercrafted versions to upgrade all armours except Wolven, which I have the full set of grandmaster now.

I am tempted to go to Skellige and get the diagrams, but I have heard of a bad bug that can occur when leaving Toussant during the dlc... Plus it would be kind of immersion breaking tbh.

And I didn't win the qwent tournament:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom