The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Good question actually. I seem to have missed a tonne of basic armour... I've been using the Griffin set (Superior or enhanced, can't remember) for the best part of the game.

I really don't feel the need to move away from it, but the looks are getting boring. Any suggestions on good looking armour?

I have only tried the cat armour so far, normal then enhanced and it looks rubbish. The free dlc Temerian armour is the best looking I have seen so far. Shame it was so low level.

Wolven set is the best Witcher set imo.You get most of the diagrams from Kaer Morhen and it is quite high level I think(wouldn't know, I use a mod to remove level restrictions).

I do like the Cat school gear as well, which gives bonuses to critical chance I believe. Upgraded it looks pretty cool. Bear set is heavy and looks great when upgraded, really suits Skellige.

When you get to Blood and Wine you get to level up your armour one more time from mastercrafted to Grandmaster, and you need the mastercrafted version to upgrade for all of them except the Wolven set which you can craft without needing the previous teir, and the Manticore set which is new to the expansion.

Got a small tip for anyone finding Blood and Wine a tad expensive. You probably have far more alchemy and crafting ingredients than you need at this stage of the game, and you will probably find you can get loads of coin for them!...Remember though, that different merchants give you different prices for things, so an alchemist will give you much more than a normal merchant for alchemy ingredients for example. I just cleared 30k getting rid of my unneeded stuff in order to fund a set of Witcher gear.(I then discovered the bank for the first time and traded in my foreign coin for 10k...wish I'd known that sooner)

Last edited:
Wolven set is the best Witcher set imo.You get most of the diagrams from Kaer Morhen and it is quite high level I think(wouldn't know, I use a mod to remove level restrictions).

I do like the Cat school gear as well, which gives bonuses to critical chance I believe. Upgraded it looks pretty cool. Bear set is heavy and looks great when upgraded, really suits Skellige.

When you get to Blood and Wine you get to level up your armour one more time from mastercrafted to Grandmaster, and you need the mastercrafted version to upgrade for all of them except the Wolven set which you can craft without needing the previous teir, and the Manticore set which is new to the expansion.

Have you tried Bear Armour Grandmaster. That gear is broken with the right perks and now ability to get additional slots. Can Spam signs faster then I can with any other set including griffan thanks to massive adrenaline regen which in turn you can use to power signs, and the other perk for which you get adrenaline points for using signs and its a crazy circle.

Get that frozen Aard perk and its dealing close to 5000 damage and 25% instant kill as fast as I can press the sign button :eek:

I do have the mastercrafted Bear arnour, but I have spent about 100k on armour in this expansion so I'm not sure I'll do another set. I have the full Wolven and Cat set, and the Manticore chest piece, which I'm not keen on tbh.

I'm generally not a fan of crafting in games, I much prefer to use/wear what I find or can buy(Elder Scrolls and Fallout games are much better this wayimo) but I like the way the Witcher sets are incorporated in to the game.

Last edited:
Guys, where are some good merchants to sell items to? I currently have around 30000 crowns but I reckon I'll need more to do everything in B&W. I have loads of stuff to sell including pearls, unneeded alchemy ingredients etc. but I don't know where to flog them for the highest possible price:confused: Most merchants have very little money...

Guys, where are some good merchants to sell items to? I currently have around 30000 crowns but I reckon I'll need more to do everything in B&W. I have loads of stuff to sell including pearls, unneeded alchemy ingredients etc. but I don't know where to flog them for the highest possible price:confused: Most merchants have very little money...

Offeri merchant as part of HoS, most the vendors in central city in Blood and Wine. Also find its useful to fast travel to Skellige castle as there are the two vendors there.

Also note your get the most money selling to specific merchants. So selling swords to sword blacksmiths will net you the most money, like wise with armour and alchemy as so on.

I'm slowly making my way through B&W, just finished crafting a grandmaster set, the thought of this being the last piece DLC saddens me. I'm almost resolved to start a new game+ after I'm done but I'm not sure if I can justify pouring another 150+ hours into it.

I'll also be gutted when this is over. I've slowed my progress down now as I want to make this one last. Hard to believe it's an expansion it's that good.

This is definitely the finest game of this current gen in my opinion with Dark Souls 3 in second. Sadly I can't think of any more off hand that have had any impact on me besides these and the Telltale games in the last two or three years.

Looks like I'll be doing a NG+ file on this one too. Not a lot on the horizon so another play through of this sounds pretty appealing.

From the official Witcher store? If so then same here, I believe the email said 20-something of june for dispatch when I ordered it

Anyone ordered their gwent decks off of the Witcher store?

If so, anyone received them yet? My delivery date is still TBC

Same for me, but if you go and look at ordering now they have a dispatch date of 11 July 2016.

Back
Top Bottom