• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Have CD Projekt Had anything to say about these graphical downgrades ? They seem to be the new done thing!

get everyone excited about a good looking game... takes it off them.

I'm paraphrasing here as I can't find the link:

Essentially that there's only one version for all three platforms as making multiple versions would be beyond their resources.

Asked whether they'd been keeping abreast of the quality drop complaints their response was just that they had.

Caporegime
While the game does look like it's been downgraded, it's still probably best to wait and see.
Assuming the Nvidia specific GPU stuff is in, perhaps the best IQ is only achievable on Nvidia?

But either way, see how it plays out. I'm sceptical though, I don't think it'll look as good as it could have done.

Soldato
Oh great more "downgrade" nonsense... woo... :|

Nice high quality 2nd screenshot BTW i can count the pixels, a very good comparison. :rolleyes:

I find this kinda reply quite amusing and read it a lot around forums. Yes I get what you are saying, I do agree the screenshot is horrendous quality, but get away from that for a minute. Stop defending something you want to love and be honest. The content of the pic is what matters, there's so much missing detail, masses of it. It's a huge downgrade, and lets be honest here, If the dev team really had something ground breaking to show off, you really think they put out these low res highly compressed screenshots? Where's all the glorious high res high detail screenshots being put out to whip us all into a frenzy lol.

I'm not overly bothered, I still think it's going to look good, but not ground breaking like we were all shown 12 to 24 months ago. The Story and the world is more important to me, they best not mess that up.

Last edited:
Soldato
I love gaming fans they're awesome!

Watchdogs gets downgraded there is an outcry, suddenly the worst gaming company in existence. CDPR do it and the defences are super strong, suddenly it's all about the story and any talk of downgrading is nonsense haha as they're the greatest gaming company on earth.

If it does look like the second screenshot then it's looks crap, has someone rubbed Vaseline all over the image?

I'm not a massive fan so will wait and see about reviews before touching it, W2 was buggy as hell at release if i remember correctly.

Soldato
To be honest, if it does turn out to look more like the 2nd screenshot (which judging from the videos I've seen, it probably will), the main thing I'm disappointed about is the change in colour palette - it looks really over-saturated :(

Caporegime
The problem is that the second screenshot is compressed as hell, and because of the colour palette difference, even if they were exactly the same, they're going to look different, which is the issue. Any change (Even if it's none existent) will look huge because of the colour difference.

Soldato
@Sega Mega Dave - normally im bothered about graphics in games but when it comes to rpg games im not overly fussed ide rather a good storyline

@Haggisman - if the colours are washed out could sweetfx sort that out? Ive never used sweetfx before but its just a thought i know it shouldnt have to be done but its a possible solution if it would work

Soldato
Doesn't look like they've only changed the colour palette, TBH. A lot of effects and subtle touches appear to be missing as well. I do agree that gameplay is more important but W3 is one of the titles where graphics contribute a great deal to the overall immersiveness and fun factor of the game. It's just more appealing to traverse environments which look and feel real, especially if you're somewhat acquainted with Slavic folklore (which, being a Polish bloke, I am).

Quite a bit of a let down, if I were to be brutally honest. And if the game really looks like that and requires a 980 to run properly, I won't be impressed to say the least.

Caporegime
To be honest, if it does turn out to look more like the 2nd screenshot (which judging from the videos I've seen, it probably will), the main thing I'm disappointed about is the change in colour palette - it looks really over-saturated :(

It looks like a cartoon. They have sort of made it look fable-esque.

Oh well i guess even CDPR are just in it for the console monies too. Glad i only spent £10 to pre order from their Ukrainian site.

Associate
Is the palette change attributable to being a different time of day - early dawn on the one that people are creaming over and mid day for the compressed Tetris-O-Vision one that has been grabbed from Youtube.

But yeah, probably done so console owners so cry too much (I am a PS4 owner myself ;)).

Soldato
just shows the power the peasant armies have when making a game, consoles holding PC back yet again. This project and the previous iterations have been aimed/were aimed 100% at pc market. Consoles get wind of it and all of a sudden CDPR seems to have turned around, pull their pants down and let MS/Sony do whatever they please to them.

It's a huge downgrade, massive. I'm amazed so many ppl are refusing to believe it when the proof is right in front of their eyes.

Soldato
Soldato
keep getting out of disk space when i try to pre-load it i have over 100GB free on my SSD with BF4 on and over 500GB on my HDD with all my other games on and i kep getting the error on both drives.

EDIT: got it working had to delete the original file then do a fresh install instead of just changing the save location and clicking verify and repair.

wish there was a way to view your download speed as mine seems rather slow compared to on steam and origin but i suppose thats to be expected as its only at beta stage

Last edited:
Soldato
Will this game be as moddable as Skyrim or do we not know yet? It's a shame they have downgraded it, but with a few texture mods and added foliage it would look a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom