• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
A couple of weeks ago I was quite chilled about this release, but as it draws nearer I'm getting really hyped. I think being burnt out on GTA5 has got me longing for a new open-world game with tons of stuff to do and see. I loved the GTA5 experience on PC, but having played it a lot on X360 when it first came out, I just can't bring myself to do all the side stuff that I've already done. Sadly the online component doesn't interested me that much either. I'll probably revisit the SP again at some point because I love the story. Anyway, going off-topic...

GIVE ME WITCHER 3 :D

Soldato
It's sad they gimped the game by making it multiplatform, looks like they could've easily pulled off the graphics from the promo screens and make the game pretty scallable if they really wanted to. I understand CDPR is forced to deliver an uniform experience across all platforms but we shouldn't really be the ones to suffer because Sony and MS decided to put tablet components in supposedly next-gen hardware.

I'm ranting before the game is even out but I really dug the atmosphere/fidelity of the initial "gameplay" trailers and what they've shown so far looks nothing like that. I agree it looks more like Fable, that was spot-on.

Soldato
Pre-loading now through their Galaxy client.

Very disappointed in the downgrade. Still be a great game, probably one of the best ever made imo, but that doesn't excuse it.

Soldato
Tbh, it still looks good, but there is a very disappointing screenshot going around that highlights the different colour palette. The original, dark and gritty visuals were incredible but the ones they are showing now look like cartoons in comparison.

Caporegime
Tbh, it still looks good, but there is a very disappointing screenshot going around that highlights the different colour palette. The original, dark and gritty visuals were incredible but the ones they are showing now look like cartoons in comparison.

Indeed. As I said earlier. It is starting to look like a slightly updated Fable.

One thing I do like about one of the new videos is the trees blowing and bowing in the wind. That looked pretty sweet.

Last edited:
Associate
CD Projekt Red have enjoyed fantastic support and PR for doing simple things like talking about giving out free DLC, selling the game with no DRM and talking about making sure TW3 on PC makes full use of the hardware available.

I would be very surprised if they go down the path of downgrading visuals and assuming they do, I would hope they have a good reason. If this turns into a Watchdogs style situation, they will really shoot themselves in the foot. All the comments I see praising CD Projekt Red and how they are the best games developer will quickly turn to hate. Personally, I’m going to wait for the release and I’ll make my own mind up. ****ging them off now seems a little harsh, wait and see, if they have lied then go grab the pitchforks.

Soldato
If these pictures are final, then I seriously hope the requirements have dropped to match.

I was considering upgrading, but if it's going to be at the same level of inquisition (or lower judging by some of these pictures) I won't bother.

Caporegime
Look at the gifs here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1043668

Then compare it to the latest footage.

Despicable.

I think the real kicker is the fact that they think they would get away with it without anyone noticing. I mean what do they do? Build the game on PC and then when they have nearly finished they try and run it on the console hardware and go....."woah, lol , no chance"?

Soldato
I've had the same discussion in the console section and a few seem to think stuff like this is acceptable. Looks like a PS3 game from they pictures. Just hope it's bad pictures and it's nowhere near that bad.

Caporegime
W3ac26f.gif

In fairness that looks pretty sweet and is recent footage ^

DAT HAIR :O

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom