• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
i don't think its really been downgraded, just the first trailer we saw looked more like pre rendered fmv so of course it's going to look better.

if i buy this on gog.com now can i pre load it now?

Caporegime
i don't think its really been downgraded, just the first trailer we saw looked more like pre rendered fmv so of course it's going to look better.

if i buy this on gog.com now can i pre load it now?

It isn't just the first trailer though. The Sword of Destiny Trailer came out in June 2014 showing amazing in game graphics and the game's original release date was fall 2014.

I suspect either they realised too late that a titan (no pun intended...) PC was needed to run the game or Microsoft/Sony don't want the PC version to look too much better than the console version. Though that doesn't explain the art direction/style though which is clearly a lot grittier and darker back in 2014.

Soldato
How come its preloading so early?

Because at this download speed it's going to take a week to finish! :p

It looks like they're deleting posts and questions on their forum related to downgrading the game.

:(

Going to be gutted if this fails to deliver, been really looking forward to it, and to Cyberpunk... will not be pre-ordering that if TW3 turns out to be another Watch_Dogs...

Associate
This downgrading nonsense doesn't matter anyway - the game still looks freaking awesome. There is enough gameplay out there to prove it's not another Watch Dogs or anything like that.

Soldato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8yH5CTHZPg

Honestly, after watching some of the new PC "ultra" gameplay videos I can't stand W3's foliage in certain areas;/ The grass looks so cartoony and artificial compared to Flotsam in W2. I know the latter is not open world but still... I think the game will be good but the graphics are disappointing considering all the hype, especially the colour palette they went for. The locations give off a completely different vibe than in the trailers and i think it has a lot to do with the downgraded foliage and lack of fx. It really does look a bit like Fable. And bloody GTA5 has better water FFS;p

Caporegime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8yH5CTHZPg

Honestly, after watching some of the new PC "ultra" gameplay videos I can't stand W3's foliage in certain areas;/ The grass looks so cartoony and artificial compared to Flotsam in W2. I know the latter is not open world but still... I think the game will be good but the graphics are disappointing considering all the hype, especially the colour palette they went for. The locations give off a completely different vibe than in the trailers and i think it has a lot to do with the downgraded foliage and lack of fx. It really does look a bit like Fable. And bloody GTA5 has better water FFS;p

I agree . It is odd. The foliage looks so low resolution and out of place. It really stands out as odd rather than blending in with the world.

Back
Top Bottom