The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Gameplay decision, i'm not sure how else they could do it?

Cant just leave the foliage there to **** off the gamer, its not a first person perspective.

Surely they could have it react to Geralt as he walked through it like in other games? Looks a bit daft him walking through it like he's some sort of ghost. Even if it just waived about as he passed through it but from the above clip it just looks weird.

Last edited:
It was locked because people were constantly going off topic not because of the topic, also GOG is owned by CDPR...

Ah I had no idea CD Projekt owned GOG. Well fair enough, although I do hope they respond and I'm hoping the screenshots are from an older build although that looks unlikely.

I just realised this was the last game publisher I trusted for pre orders and now that's gone too:(

Preorder of CE, Steam and GOG copy...

in place :cool:

I expect some very nice reviews today, especially looking forward to Kevin vanOrd's gamespot one, he is a good RPG guy.

Graphics looks stunning considering the scale and ambition no matter if some grass was tuned down.

Developers can't win. Don't release test build gameplay footage and the community cries. Release test build gameplay footage prior to release and community cries final build isn't the same.

Do you all need THIS IS NOT FINAL BUILD FOOTAGE AND MAY NOT BE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE FINAL PRODUCT stamped across the middle of the screen?

How can there be any doubt though? While it's going to look good, it's not going to look anywhere near as gritty etc (Like the Witcher is meant to look. As it's a gritty game, Witcher 1 would have look ridiculous if it was cartoon like). The game will basically lose that "Witcher" look.

Looking forward to not reading any review but seeing some scores out of ten. It still looks pretty damn amazing, cant wait to play it tbh. I am doing 1 and 2 back to back again so I can import my save. Pre load is almost done so just have to sit back and leisurely finish w 2 before it releases.

I must say i love how everything sways in the wind. Seen some videos where the wind gets really strong and the small trees really start bowing a lot.

I preordered anyway. Always suspected the gameplay trailers were running on quad SLI Titans or something.

Anyway, got a quick question on something. I've packed my gaming PC ready for shipping as I'm moving cities next week. Internet in my new place won't be up and running until the end of May so I'm currently preloading it on my laptop. I plan on taking my laptop to a coffee shop or wherever on the 19th to grab the final piece of software (which is hopefully small) to get the game working. Now the question; can I just copy the relevant Steam directory over to my main PC to play the game? Or do I need to have a connection to install the game?

1 million pre-orders! I'll reserve passing judgment until its released - cdpr at least deserve the benefit of the doubt.

For now maybe - however if this turns out to be a lie then it could have implications for pre-orders of their next IP (Cyberpunk 2077).

Developers can't win. Don't release test build gameplay footage and the community cries. Release test build gameplay footage prior to release and community cries final build isn't the same.

Do you all need THIS IS NOT FINAL BUILD FOOTAGE AND MAY NOT BE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE FINAL PRODUCT stamped across the middle of the screen?

Do you not think it's funny how (recently at least ) test build gameplay always looks significantly better than the final product?

I mean, surely an early version of something should be less refined and less polished, and the final product should be an improvement?

It's almost as if the early versions have been deliberately made to look better in order to raise hype for the game, but no, a publisher would never do that... would they?! :eek:

Last edited:
It's almost as if the early versions have been deliberately made to look better in order to raise hype for the game, but no, a publisher would never do that... would they?! :eek:

The thing is, i don't understand why they do it. Surely they know that the fans will notice and there will be uproar?

I suppose they see the die hard fans and enthusiasts that will notice this sort of thing as the minority and instead go for the more casual console gamers who will just see the trailer and then go out and but it for £40 and never even notice it looks different : /

Back
Top Bottom