The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Ive been meaning to get into the witcher again but the story is always the same for me.. I spent somewhere between 20-30 hours, then something happens IRL that requires my attention and puts me off gaming for a week or 2 and then when i have the time to pick up where i left off i feel disconnected from the progress and the character i have and dont feel like continuing.. That has happened 2-3 times now :p. ohh and frankly getting tired of seeing the same few hours of content again and again.. not the games fault for sure but my own.

Associate
Only 133 hours? Dam.. you must have not seen a lot of side quests!. It took me 100 alone for the main game. Some of the quest appear by you listening in on conversation or by boat.

Or stupidly exploring. For example their a secret quest in the sewers novigrad. Behind a breakable wall. Most miss this one.

You should see my quest log! I didn't just plough through the main story, although it took me about 70 hours to complete the base game.
I never played Gwent or pursued every point of interest, which probably saved a lot of time.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm enjoying it so far but barely scratched the surface - following the first main mission that has you track down the Griffon or whatever... very impressed with it all although it's a bit of a daunting information-overload!!! Don't get me wrong I love the level of depth and all the various systems at play, but you do get a bit bombarded early on with tons of little tutorials and stuff

p.s. I'm undecided about the control scheme... been sticking with KB+M for now but can't help but feel it's a bit clunky in combat...

Soldato
Really have to change my lighting/weather mods. I am in Toussaint but the sky is a really red colour and night with matte black clouds it looks gash.

Any one recommend some?

Soldato
I've always wanted to play W3 and for a grand total of £14 for the GOTY edition + expansions, it's a no brainer! Hopefully it lives up to expectations :D

Soldato
Ive been meaning to get into the witcher again but the story is always the same for me.. I spent somewhere between 20-30 hours, then something happens IRL that requires my attention and puts me off gaming for a week or 2 and then when i have the time to pick up where i left off i feel disconnected from the progress and the character i have and dont feel like continuing.. That has happened 2-3 times now :p. ohh and frankly getting tired of seeing the same few hours of content again and again.. not the games fault for sure but my own.
Same here, I've tried 2 or 3 times to start & after 3 - 5 hours in I'm bored with it.

I know it's supposed to be a great game but I just can't get into it.
Can't put my finger on why as Oblivion & Skyrim both have several 100 hours invested into them.

Associate
Same here, I've tried 2 or 3 times to start & after 3 - 5 hours in I'm bored with it.

I know it's supposed to be a great game but I just can't get into it.
Can't put my finger on why as Oblivion & Skyrim both have several 100 hours invested into them.

I put 10 hours into the game at launch, but found it very overwhelming, and so I quickly became disinterested. I decided to give it another go this year, and it was the Bloody Baron quest that compelled me to continue! I urge you to stick with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was browsing steam today and noticed this was 13.99 which I thought was too good to refuse. I am actually playing through it on my ps4 and have recently reached Skellige, but i was tempted to see what it looks like on my PC so took the plunge.

i7 3770k at 3.9 ghz
gtx 670
16 gb ram
1080p

Heres hoping it looks better than what i can get on the ps4 pro.

Soldato
Thought I would play through this again as I really have nothing else I'm bothered with atm, or soon tbh.

All I can say is, Super Turbo Lighting mod...WOW! Why have I never used it before?! It looks incredible.

Associate
I'm playing this through for the first time.

Was very overwhelming at first but finally getting it all now, my first proper rpg.

He a bit of a sex pest isn't he.

unbelievably well made game so far.

Soldato
No i mean at the very start, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – to simulate or not to simulate a Witcher 2 save, and then the multiple choice of how to play the game(difficulty level i think it is ?) deathmarch, Blood and Broken Bones,Story and Sword etc

Last edited:
Soldato
No i mean at the very start, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – to simulate or not to simulate a Witcher 2 save, and then the multiple choice of how to play the game(difficulty level i think it is ?) deathmarch, Blood and Broken Bones,Story and Sword etc
Yes, Deathmarch is the hardest difficulty, then Blood and Broken Bones etc..

In regards to the beginning of the game, I found this useful tidbit as I had to google it since I played 1 and 2 so it was all imported for me. I know it is not needed but if you can see past the clunkiness and the age of the games you be having a good time playing them too, if you wanted ? I completed both 1 and 2 twice, doing different endings. :o

If you leave it on, you'll end up being asked a bunch of questions that will make zero sense to you, so you'll end up with a totally random world state based on your clueless answers.

I would either leave it off, or go read about the Witcher 2's story and understand the decisions made in that game well enough that you aren't completely lost when you have to make them in this game.

posted by saroban23 - Clicky

Soldato
OP
Thought I would play through this again as I really have nothing else I'm bothered with atm, or soon tbh.

All I can say is, Super Turbo Lighting mod...WOW! Why have I never used it before?! It looks incredible.
eh, looks ok

witcher3_2017_11_04_2o6j4q.png

witcher3_2017_10_18_05olna.png

witcher3_2017_11_05_13vsiz.png

witcher3_2017_10_24_0gqao2.png

Soldato
I've got STLM with another mod that improves some effects like mist, clouds, weather etc...Can't remember what it is called. Oh and Water too(water always surprisingly poor compared to the rest of the game in TW3 for some reason).

It looks on another level to how I had it before!(and it already looked very nice)

I am playing NG+. It actually plays really well, as it cuts out things that were pretty meh in the game, like the loot(now I don't really need much, I can ignore most of it), and levelling as I've pretty much got all the skills I need.
Not sure about the viability of using Aerondight the whole game, but I've not had any trouble so far!

Soldato

Oh, yeah there are some minor differences. You get set with certain options if you select that option but nothing significant. For example Letho will appear if you elected to not kill him in witcher 2, while by default, the simulated save file will have him dead. Similar difference's for few other people, but nothing significant.

Soldato
Yes, Deathmarch is the hardest difficulty, then Blood and Broken Bones etc..

In regards to the beginning of the game, I found this useful tidbit as I had to google it since I played 1 and 2 so it was all imported for me. I know it is not needed but if you can see past the clunkiness and the age of the games you be having a good time playing them too, if you wanted ? I completed both 1 and 2 twice, doing different endings. :o
Thankyou.

Soldato
Oh, yeah there are some minor differences. You get set with certain options if you select that option but nothing significant. For example Letho will appear if you elected to not kill him in witcher 2, while by default, the simulated save file will have him dead. Similar difference's for few other people, but nothing significant.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom