The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
Here is a good mod if you using any, I found it a bit rushed having to be within 5 levels to maintain some experience from the quests. There is different settings, I used mixed, 100% for Quests as normal, but if they greyed out on me I got 50% at least. But as you can see, there is 4 more settings to pick from. Always Full Exp by Toommy1984

Also, if you have the DLC's and doing them after main quest. You might want to do some of those treasure marks (underwater question marks), since you get a nice haul from them and earn coins too. :p
Ashamedly, I'm playing it on the PS4 :D.

Soldato
I’m wondering about the best way to manage all the quests too. I did so much wandering and exploring that now I have, I don’t know, maybe 30 or more possible quests. I’m trying to do the main ones around my actual level but there are too many side quests (good problem to have, I know) - I can’t possibly do them all before I am way over-levelled for some of them. What’s the best way to manage this? I don’t want to skip any of the side quests as some of them are great but a few more just appeared at level 12-14, but I’m level 25 now.

SO hoping we get snowed in for a few days now :) This game is tremendous.

Soldato
OP
I’m wondering about the best way to manage all the quests too. I did so much wandering and exploring that now I have, I don’t know, maybe 30 or more possible quests. I’m trying to do the main ones around my actual level but there are too many side quests (good problem to have, I know) - I can’t possibly do them all before I am way over-levelled for some of them. What’s the best way to manage this? I don’t want to skip any of the side quests as some of them are great but a few more just appeared at level 12-14, but I’m level 25 now.

SO hoping we get snowed in for a few days now :) This game is tremendous.

Actually you can do all the sidequests and will not get overleveled too much, because when you do sidequest that is 6 or more levels lower than you are, you will get tiny amount of XP for it. The game is balanced that way so overlevelling is not really possible.

In normal game this would be horrible since "why do quests if no XP??" but in Witcher 3 I did not mind at all because the sidequests themselves, their stories and characters, were the reason I did them all. Not imaginary numers on a stat screen :)

However if you are bothered by the low level quests being easy, you can enable enemy scaling in the option which will make enemies challenging.

Soldato
Here's my strategy... I agree with the above but I still didn't want to totally waste XP...

If the mission has turned grey, or you find it and it already is... just do it right away and enjoy the plot/dialogue - don't fret the low XP...

Next, if you are getting close to 5 levels above the level of the current main quest (which is when it would turn grey), do a main mission (or two)... note that at a few points in the story the level of the main quests suddenly drops quite low (purely because those few "missions" coming up don't really involve much other than walking around talking to people)...

If you're below 5 levels above the main quest, do sidequests, tending towards the lowest level ones first. Keep in mind that generally speaking the "Treasure Hunts" don't give a huge amount of XP compared to the Sidequests and Contracts...

I never really went out of my way to target the "?" things on the map... I just did those randomly if I ran into them as I travelled about etc. or when I didn't have enough time set aside to do a full quest...

That worked out for me, with relatively few quests ending up being in the "grey" and as B&W is drawing towards the end I'm pushing about lvl 50, feel pretty satisfied...

Soldato
I’m playing through again as I bought the 2 expansions in a GoG sale last week but I didn’t seem to have a save. I’ll start the expansions once complete.

Last time I had my way with both Triss and Yen so ended up alone. This time it’s Yen all the way though I’ve just met Triss and she’s looking damn fine.

Soldato
Depending on where you sit on the cynicism spectrum, it's either a nice little bonus that gives a deserved nod to a great franchise, or a weak and desperate seeming attempt to cash in on the series' popularity and pull in a few more players

Soldato
I've started using the E3 hud mod. Some really nice changes. I really like the new look, except for the map, which I thunk is not as nice as vanilla tbh.
Not a bad mod, liking it. Apart from the map, but seems you can toggle it on/off so can have the rest of the mod and the normal map though. Might have to look through what else mods come up and do a new and clean mod install and play some more Witcher 3. One day when nothing else to do that is. :p

Soldato
Going to start my first playthrough this weekend, are there good mods worth installing? I've seen the above E3 mod recommended and CineFX also looks good.

Soldato
Going to start my first playthrough this weekend, are there good mods worth installing? I've seen the above E3 mod recommended and CineFX also looks good.

Well, if you going to use mods it is recommended you using this mod manager nowdays.

The Witcher 3 Mod Manager by stefan3372

The you also be needing this mod: Script Merger by AnotherSymbiote

After that it is much down to personal preferences. I like these mods:

Friendly Hud by wghost81 - Customizable and gives a nice clean Hud for screenies.
AutoLoot - AutoLoot the Items you want by JupiterTheGod - Can be customized, I only used it for looting herbs though.
Icon Text by MrFisse - makes it easier to find your Decoctions, Potions etc.
Nitpicker's Patch - Various Visual Fixes by chuckcash - Says on the tin, fixes some visual bugs if you picky. :p
No Dirty Lens Effect by RumenWest
No more rolling down stairs by ksolberg - Geralt is really clumpsy when it comes to walking down stairs ! :p
Sort Everything by Dj_Kovrik - Is a new mod I not used but he made another mod that now is merged into this one, which makes the Journal Quests entries to be sorted Alphabetically, since the vanilla the quests (especially finished ones) was all a mess.
Colored Map Markers by DJ_Kovrik - Makes the maps bit easier to read.

That's some to get you started. :p And I wont be surprised if you have other suggestions as well from others. have fun once you start playing, just be prepared to loss many hours once you start ! :p

Back
Top Bottom