• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Do you not think it's funny how (recently at least ) test build gameplay always looks significantly better than the final product?

I mean, surely an early version of something should be less refined and less polished, and the final product should be an improvement?

It's almost as if the early versions have been deliberately made to look better in order to raise hype for the game, but no, a publisher would never do that... would they?! :eek:

They will set aside a period of time to polish up a build to look as good as possible for their gameplay demo, and stick it on a beastly bit of hardware. When it comes to finalising a release build various compromises need to be made to get a shipping product.

Soldato
All im hoping for personally is that crossfire actually works on this game at release. Iv been so let down lately with AMD and crossfire performance and profiles that I have really don't expect it to work properly lol.

Your hope would be better spent hoping you get crossfire within the first 6 months.
I moved away from AMD for this very reason.

Well, my pre order is cancelled now.

Your mummy will pick all your dummy's up later on.

Yes the game has changed a bit but its not worth all the crying, it still looks great and it's going to be a massive game, very much looking forward to it here.

Soldato
Do you all need THIS IS NOT FINAL BUILD FOOTAGE AND MAY NOT BE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE FINAL PRODUCT stamped across the middle of the screen?

I'd prefer 'THIS PICTURE IS NONSENSE. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME WE ARE MAKING. THE GAME ISN'T BEING RELEASED FOR ANOTHER 2 YEARS, AND IN THAT TIME WE WILL MAKE THE GAME LOOK SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE THAN THIS. YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE LOOKING AT A BLANK SCREEN RIGHT NOW'

Soldato
OP
Jesse Cox preview, probably the best one yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBWcRGWOTUQ

If anyone finds this poor looking, then I pity you.
Not to mention White Orchard (starting area) is supposedly the least impressive looking.

It probably will end up a great game, but how can anyone not be disappointed with the colour? The Witcher was all about gritty fantasy. It wasn't meant to be fable.

There are plenty of locations. Some will be beautiful and colorful, some will not.
Witcher 2 had plenty of color and was stunningly beautiful. Flotsam forest, those fields at military camp, the ravines and little forests around Vergen.
Boo hoo.

Soldato
Can't wait to get my hands on this, want to see some early benchmarks to see if swapping the 290x out for a 970 is worth it. Just got this feeling it ain't going to run great on AMD

Soldato
I'd prefer 'THIS PICTURE IS NONSENSE. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME WE ARE MAKING. THE GAME ISN'T BEING RELEASED FOR ANOTHER 2 YEARS, AND IN THAT TIME WE WILL MAKE THE GAME LOOK SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE THAN THIS. YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE LOOKING AT A BLANK SCREEN RIGHT NOW'

If preview builds not looking exactly the same as final builds gets you so upset, maybe you should stop looking at preview builds.

Soldato
You seemed to be upset that preview builds don't look exactly like final builds. Ergo, don't look at preview builds.

Most rational people understand what preview means and know that things will change before release.

Caporegime
The logical thing would after 2 years, with the advancements of technology, API's, graphics would be better, not worse than the previews........

And why is me cancelling my pre-order the same as spitting my dummy out? I'm not vastly sure on how the game's going to turn out, while I think it'll still be a good game, I'm not just going to part with my money so quickly.

Some of the gameplay looks a bit too different from what I liked about the witcher 2 as well (sword on sword)

Soldato
Most people would expect games to look better over 2 years, not worse.

Most people have no idea what compromises were made during the polishing phase in order to get a shippable product ready for all platforms.

You think devs should start dropping gameplay features in favour of graphics settings just so some armchair developers don't get upset?

Caporegime
Why would they have to drop gameplay features? Sound just as armchair developer to me.
And to show the previews, the assets existed, factually.
Plus, we've had a pretty hefty delay.

GTA 5 for example, delayed, but as far as preview stuff goes, the end product looks spot on, and in motion some of it is excellent. I'm constantly impressed with it visually.

Back
Top Bottom