The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
OP
Been playing the last few days still enjoying the game and I'm still on on novigrad moping up question marks, think I've done the majority of side quests. I am level 19 and can kill stuff quite easily in their early 20s. I am wearing enhanced Griffen gear which seems pretty good. I can leave for skellige but I'm trying to 100% the maps as when I finish this game I won't come back to it as my game time is limited and I won't ever get to play other games. Probably won't finish this game till Christmas.
Exactly as said by Pighardia you should go to Skellige asap.

Soldato
I remember on my second playthrough installing v1 or v2 of this mod, great to see it's still being supported and would recommend people still playing to install it:

I'm still working through the DLC... I may give this a shot. I'm a HUGE fan of the default look. Aside from textures, will this change anything else? Last thing I want is something like the horrible enb's that were uploaded for Skyrim making it look horribly vivid and colourful.

Soldato
Tbh, it isn't really a case of completing an area before moving on. You can travel between areas as much as you like, and have to go to each area more than once. I'd mix it up a bit. Go to Skellige and so some stuff there, then come back.

Personally I would say the earlier you get to Skellige the better the story flows tbh.

Okay think I'll head to skellige and return to novigrad when the story tellse too.

Soldato
I'm still working through the DLC... I may give this a shot. I'm a HUGE fan of the default look. Aside from textures, will this change anything else? Last thing I want is something like the horrible enb's that were uploaded for Skyrim making it look horribly vivid and colourful.

Not that I recall, it's purely a texture mod.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I bought this earlier in the year but never got far. I'm currently stuck inside the Bothchling mission with the Barron. The Wraiths just waste me far too easily and the save is inside the mission which is frustrating. Anyone any tips? I game so infrequently that I can't remember all the intricacies.

Soldato
I bought this earlier in the year but never got far. I'm currently stuck inside the Bothchling mission with the Barron. The Wraiths just waste me far too easily and the save is inside the mission which is frustrating. Anyone any tips? I game so infrequently that I can't remember all the intricacies.

Yrden, spectre oil and moon dust bombs, learn to dodge too you get to know the rhythm of some of the monsters

Ooh, nice one, thanks. Hopefully can get passed that bit. Think I need to grind up some level and gear as I feel rather squishy at this point.

What Kerplunk said. When you get to Lv30 or so it's rarely needed. But at that point, you need to prepare for the fights. I remember getting so frustrated at it I just lowered the difficulty for that one fight then carried on.

Learning moves of tougher enemies in this game is a big thing and using Yrden is super helpful in a lot of situations.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Thanks guys, I managed to get past it, just. I'm only level 4 it seems and was on second to last difficulty level. It's an overwhelming game when you're quite a causal player.

Soldato
Thanks guys, I managed to get past it, just. I'm only level 4 it seems and was on second to last difficulty level. It's an overwhelming game when you're quite a causal player.
Yeah it is a lvl 5 quest as well.

I think you should have some free DLC with the game you bought, if you want a tad better armour, although you have to buy it and cost roughly 1200/1400 coins, go to the trader you saved in Orchid and you can buy some nice armour from him there. Also, there is lots of nice weapons laying around if you do some exploring as well, some easy to obtain. :p

Soldato
Arrived at skellige done a few side quests I seem to be a bit overleveleved and equipped with quite high level stuff everything seems to die very quickly. Still enjoying the game think I will actually stick with it this time.

Soldato

Nice one, talking of early game, I remember Jenny o' the Woods drove me insane for a while on Death March. Upgrading Yrden helped me with that.

Associate
I bought this on GoG ages ago and found that their "cloud sync" has not saved my save games. I'm jonesing for some Witcher but can't stomach playing through 20 hours of campaign again to get back to where I was. Wondering if the DLCs are playable with a fresh character or do you need to have completed the main story first?

Back
Top Bottom