• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Caporegime
Not just to make; this included advertising/marketing etc. which probably took a hefty chunk of that budget, seeing as I've seen so many GTA trailers/adverts/etc. since 2013 to present.

Not to mention the cast (Jonah Hill for example) and the music. I bet the music they use for the radio stations costs a fortune to license.

Soldato
http://i.minus.com/iG4PgNmWR8Kkl.gif

When I look at such gifs I can't escape the impression that they never really meant the game to look anywhere close to that, the visual gap is just staggering. Anyone with their heads screwed on the right way round could've easily deduced an open world game of such quality is nothing more but wishful thinking but a lot of people got hyped anyways.

CDProjekt should've never shown those trailers in the first place, or make them seem like actual gameplay. Would've saved them quite a bit of hassle explaining what's happened. The game would've still ended up looking decent (for a Looney Tunes rendition of Slavic folklore, that is;p) without disappointing a lot of people.

I hope it'll at least turn out to be a very good game, downgraded or not.

Soldato
OP
Tbh i'd be more concerned how it runs.

If i remember correctly didn't W2 run like a dog and very buggy on release?

Nope, I played Witcher 2 on release, may 17th 2011, and it ran very well on my 2500K + GTX560Ti on maximum settings (with supersampling disabled).
Finished it 6 days later without encountering any significant bugs.

They did work on it a lot and improved it in patch 2.0 and Enhanced Edition, but the game was perfectly fine on release.

Associate
Also there is a heavy dose of blur/DOF, both of which are the first options I disable in all games that allow me too.

I don't know anyone who actually likes these 'effects' that eat up GPU resources.

Why devs include these effects in games I really don't know.....not so bad if we can turn them off I don't suppose.

Soldato
I don't know anyone who actually likes these 'effects' that eat up GPU resources.

Why devs include these effects in games I really don't know.....not so bad if we can turn them off I don't suppose.

Helps reduce the impression of stuttering. It's sweeping it under the carpet a bit.

Back
Top Bottom