• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
Is it worth picking this title up without having played the previous ones? Or do I need to go back and play the first two games beforehand?

Associate
Gamespot - 10/10

The Witcher 3 is always in a crescendo, crafting battle scenarios that constantly one-up the last, until you reach the explosive finale and recover in the glow of the game's quiet denouement. But while the grand clashes are captivating, it is the moments between conflicts, when you drink with the local clans and bask in a trobairitz's song, that are truly inspiring

Gameinformer - 9.75/10

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt encompasses what I hope is the future of RPGs. It stands out for its wonderful writing, variety of quests and things to do in the world, and how your choices have impact in interesting ways. Usually something is sacrificed when creating a world this ambitious, but everything felt right on cue. I still think about some of my choices and how intriguing they turned out – for better or worse.

IGN - 9.3/10

Though the straightforward and fetch-quest-heavy main story overstays its welcome, the option of joyfully adventuring through a rich, expansive open world was always there for me when I’d start to burn out. Even if the plot isn’t terribly interesting, the many characters who play a part in it are, and along with the excellent combat and RPG gameplay, they elevate The Witcher 3 to a plane few other RPGs inhabit.

GameTrailers - 9.8

The above link is a video review, and I really enjoyed this one. Obviously don't watch if you don't want any spoilers at all.

Gamereactor UK - 9/10

Kotaku - YES

Gamesradar - 4/5

Telegraph - 5/5

Metro - 9/10

Impulsegamer - 5/5

Play3 - 9/10 (german)

GamePro - 92 (german)

PC Games - 90 % (german)

XGN.NL - 9.5 (dutch)

Gameblog.fr - 9/10 (french)

GRYOnline.pl - 8.5 (polish)

There are a few more listed on http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/critic-reviews too

Last edited:
Soldato
The "point" doesn't matter now, it's an excellent game (so the reviews say) and I think we can all agree that's all that matters.

The point is that if you were promised a Ferrari, then your new car turned up and it was a Mondeo, it would still be a decent car, but it wouldn't be the Ferrari you were promised...

No one has said it's a bad game, just that it's very disappointing that we were potentially* given misleading information up until very recently.

* I'm still waiting until I have it running on my PC in front of me, but we shall see.

Associate
As the review list is already on a previous page I'll post them as they come in, and also add them to the big review list (http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28029688&postcount=925)

Impulsegamer - 5/5

Final Thoughts?

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt is one of the best RPG’s that I have ever played and after the previous game, I really didn’t know what to expect because that game was so good. This game has got characters that you actually care about, a story that is very engaging from the get go and almost flawless gaming mechanics. The combat system works well, especially the varied enemies that you face as you attempt to locate your ward Ciri before The Wild Hunt finds her.

Exploration is another highlight and after investing so much time into the game, I still want to come back and visit the diverse characters that revolve around Geralt of Rivia. Sure, the controls can be a little clunky at times, especially falling short distances that make you take damage, bumping into things in close quarters or when things are located too close together but overall, the gameplay mechanics work well which is the reason why this game is so enjoyable to play. So if you’re looking for the best RPG game of 2015 and probably for a long time, than I strongly suggest you check out The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt because this game is that good!

Highly Recommended!

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it's more of the case you where promised a Ferrari 458, beautiful car, but you got a F12, a better Ferrari and car all in one.

I can't wait to see how this runs as well, people that cancelled this due to not getting what was promised 2 years ago are cutting their noses off.

Soldato
That's quite sad to be honest, at the end of the day we're all gamers and getting enjoyment at the expense of other peoples disappointment just seems daft.

The peasant race has spent the last 10+ years holding the PC gamers back, holding game development back and simplifying the gaming genre as a whole.

Anything that highlights there ridiculousness is very welcome.

Associate
I think it's more of the case you where promised a Ferrari 458, beautiful car, but you got a F12, a better Ferrari and car all in one.

I can't wait to see how this runs as well, people that cancelled this due to not getting what was promised 2 years ago are cutting their noses off.

agree and those people will re order once everyone is playing, it always happens

Associate

Seriously do you work for CD Projekt? I love this franchise as much as the next fan but you'd have to be borderline retarded to think if the game comes out looking like those screenshots you're getting better graphics to what they released earlier and also it was near the start of the year CD Projekt responded to downgrade rumours by releasing a statement saying there was definitely not going to be a downgrade and they'll only optimise the game.

Yes I'm still going to get the game but I am rather disappointed that they've turned back on their word if the game does come out with those cartoon like graphics.

However I'm still holding out hope they're going to pull through and surprise all of us!

Caporegime
The peasant race has spent the last 10+ years holding the PC gamers back, holding game development back and simplifying the gaming genre as a whole.

Anything that highlights there ridiculousness is very welcome.

Climb down from your high horse fella.

Some people don't want/need the cost and hassle of PC gaming, they've never bought a console thinking this is great I'm holding games back for all those PC gamers.

I half expected some ridiculous statement from you anyway.

Back
Top Bottom